• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fezzih_007

He/Him
The Madness Manipulation of the witches should be removed, for 2 reasons:

1- The reason of them having this ability, is because of both of this scans, in which show Echidna killing a bunch of mobs. The page says " Being in the presence of a witch causes people to go insane resulting in them killing themselves" But nothing in the scan says that all the witches have this ability, or why they should have this ability. The line "there does not seem to be any human being who is able to endure thirty seconds of hell and to meet the six witches." don't prove that each individual Witch can do this alone, the scan says that Omega, currently caring the six withes on her pocket, as able to kill everyone on her vicinity because of a combination of all of them.
The scan also says "The eighteen people who weren't able to reach the proposal's goal were all unbearable affected by Echidna's wickedness and madness" so there you go, this makes clear that is a Echidna ability, not a general thing about witches.

2- I was looking around, and people are saying that the MM are passive, and that's actually make my job easier tkx 👍. There's a problem saying that the ability is passive, because of every time is show a Witch around someone, they never show getting insane. Is said a bunch of time how the witches are around people, and is never stated of peope dying of MM, like how Typhon have to come close and touch people and using her powers and in any moment the MM kicks or is mentioned, Minerva as able to heal people by punching them and never once killed them with MM, Sattela as around Garfiel and the ryuzu clones and they don't die because of MM, Pandora as around Pete, Fort and Emi and they don't die of madnes manipulation. I have some other billions of example of Witches being around someone and they don't going insane, but this will make the thread very long, so les't cut short. So since is cleary show that people when near witches don't die, we have three options:
  • Since people are not going insane by the supposely passive Madness Manipulation, they don't have the ability.
  • The ability itself is not passive, but something they have to activate.
  • The ability is passive, but is something Echidna can control to lesser the effect and only she can do the MM.
The first one is not possible, since the scan show Echidna killing people via they going insane. The second make much more sense, but the ability only activate when Echidna make her appearence as a witch, so is passive because she appears, they starting going insane. So because of all that, the third option is the one that actually make any sense.
(Is also funny that neither of the witches have Resistance to madness manipulation in the profiles, but can stand around each other just fine lol)

While we are here, the Aura that are in they page should also dissapear because of the poor reasoning of them having said aura.
"Aura (Similar to Reid, a witch's presence causes others to experience fear, causing them to vomit)"
Nevermind the fact that is never once mentioned aura in there (Presence could mean a lot of things, not nescessary aura) the answer and the question never suggest this being a witches thing, is just a general thing of fear. If someone knows the thing in front of them is gonna kill them, they gonna vomit in fear, is nothing to do with aura. Also worth to note that Echidna is the only who benefits for this.

So for reasons above, all the witches should get Aura and MM removed, except best girl echidna.
i9w1cgprpxz91.jpg

Votes
Makes sense yeah:
Dissagre for X and Y reasons:

First off madness manipulation should be removed yes. Omega has no profile, and is featless, so shouldn't even be on Echidna's profile.

It explicitly says there that Reid's gives off the same presence as a witch, just standing there he exerts pressure, so yes whatever the witch's do, scales to Reid and vice verse, however what the witches do is cause overwhelming fear

Her figure filled his mind with thoughts of white—pure white, as if all color had been bleached from her existence.

The long hair reaching all the way down her back and her barely exposed skin were like porcelain, more than enough to seize attention; a pitch-black dress veiled her slender limbs, like an outfit someone might wear to a funeral; her black eyes shone with an extraordinary intellect—these were the only things that seemed to prove the ephemeral girl was actually there.

White and black: her extraordinarily stark beauty was expressed by those two hues alone.

It would only take a glance for her captivating appearance to put anyone under her spell—but the sight of this girl injected overwhelming fear into Subaru’s soul, the likes of which he had never felt before.

Even his first encounter with the White Whale had not struck him this way.

“Oh my, have I surprised you?”-Volume 10, Prologue

People in their presence vomit

“Shit, can’t vomit it out…! Hey, this isn’t gonna make me sick, is it?!”

“You may rest at ease. They are body fluids, after all, and thus readily absorbed by the flesh.”

“That isn’t exactly good news, so quit it with that face!”

Echidna’s demeanor came off as proud for some reason, which made Subaru wince. Echidna carried on.

“Putting that aside, you are indeed a mysterious individual. The fact that you can stand unaffected before me like this is proof enough.”

“What? Are you so beautiful that people normally shut their eyes when they see you? Just to make it clear, my eyes are fed a steady diet of the most beautiful girl around as far as I’m concerned. When I look at you, I can only go ‘Wow, she’s cute’ so many times.”

“No, a normal person in my presence would vomit. Amusing, isn’t it?”

“What’s amusing about that?!”-Volume 10, Chapter 2

Does that tie back into them causes fear? Could be i guess. An effect of aura is fear inducement, and idk if you need an explicit mention of aura to have the ability, as the definition of it is

"Ability to have energy envelop the user. It can be used (consciously or subconsciously) for a variety of purposes (such as intimidation). "

So if you have some sort of energy which envelops you it would count, so maybe Reid's existence being one which exerts pressure does?

Honest don't care, they should have fear manipulation though.

Does that tie back into them causes fear? Could be i guess. An effect of aura is fear inducement, and idk if you need an explicit mention of aura to have the ability, as the definition of it is

"Ability to have energy envelop the user. It can be used (consciously or subconsciously) for a variety of purposes (such as intimidation). "

So if you have some sort of energy which envelops you it would count, so maybe Reid's existence being one which exerts pressure does?
If we have a statement that Reid presence feels like energy or some way, probally yeah, but until then, Aura should have a Probally rating, or dissapear complety
Honest don't care, they should have fear manipulation though.
Yeah, fear Manipulation is fine, but i don't want to discuss this here trought, i Just to want to remove the MM and Aura for now.

I don't have time nor feel like searching through arc 6 to see the context of Reid's pressure.

You can remove aura and madness for now.

As I said before i am going through everything, so this CRT was something i was actually going to address myself.

I would also appreciate if you just wait for me to get to things, if you see anything else you think is inaccurate, cause right now this is just a distraction for me from what i am doing.

You can certainly bring it up and discuss anything in the discussion thread though.

You can remove aura and madness for now.
Ok
As I said before i am going through everything, so this CRT was something i was actually going to address myself.

I would also appreciate if you just wait for me to get to things, if you see anything else you think is inaccurate, cause right now this is just a distraction for me from what i am doing.
Sorry, i din't know.
You can certainly bring it up and discuss anything in the discussion thread though.
Ok sure.

A small announcement, I had rolled back the edits made to the profiles because I thought it was a vandalism of a new user... @Fezzih_007 please when you edit something always link the CRT where the changes are accepted so we don't get confused like this. I've restored the edits.

A small announcement, I had rolled back the edits made to the profiles because I thought it was a vandalism of a new user... @Fezzih_007 ´please when you edit something always link the CRT where the changes are accepted so we don't get confused like this.
Sorry, but where exactly i link them?

Back