• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Removal of Durability Negation from Iihiko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I not sure why he has durability negation with Irreversible Destruction given the description of this ability from the Medaka Box Wiki say this:

"Any damage Iihiko deals to the world does not heal; Shiranui states he was a man born to destroy the world. Whether natural or skill based, Iihiko's actions cannot be recovered from. This ability seems to negate even Kumagawa's All Fiction. However, the true horror of this ability manifests itself in Iihiko's defense; the stronger an attack used against him, the further the attack itself will be "broken", and never return to normal. However, if Iihiko is defeated, then the damage will become reparable; in this way, Iihiko's irreversible destruction functions on the same principles as a style."

Nothing of which implies durability negation from this single ability. If there is proof of this ability negating durability, I would like to see it.

Yes. I'm on my phone so I cannot provide those and you don't seem to trust me so much as to baselessly think the scans I provide should be out of context, so I won't bother. However do me a favour and call he iapitus, agnaa and antvasima

Firephoenixearl said:
Yes. I'm on NY phone so I cannot provide those and you don't seem to trust me so much as to baselessly think the scans I provide should be out of context, so I won't bother. However do me a favour screed call he iapitus, agnaa and antvasima
Knowing you, you likely will post just one scan for that matter.

Also "baselessly" which is ironic given your history in the involvement of Medaka Box kinda speaks for itself.

Hmm, i'am going to bed so i'll just left one answer now:

His Durability Negation come from the fact that he can induce destruction to anything, via his mean or with various object, we can see this ability whehe Killed ajimu with a simple rubber band , it's ins't with his strenght or something, he just threw a lamba object and killed ajimu instantanously, it can be noted that this ability can literally broke the attack of the target , that why when you attack him, you just broke

We can see this ability when he killed Medaka's father when he just stepped on him without even fightning, without any purpose

His Power impose destruction on anything, Medaka said that she could copy this ability because it will destroy her instantanously

Well for the other stuff, wait other people i guess so i'll call Lapitus and co.

Literally nowhere in those scans was durability negation showed, and nowhere was mentioned that he imposes the concept of destruction on anyone.

Actually the total opposite was said. In thisscan it literally says that Iihiko's "strength is from another dimension" directly implying that he has high AP.

The Causality said:
Hmm, i'am going to bed so i'll just left one answer now:

His Durability Negation come from the fact that he can induce destruction to anything, via his mean or with various object, we can see this ability whehe Killed ajimu with a simple rubber band , it's ins't with his strenght or something, he just threw a lamba object and killed ajimu instantanously, it can be noted that this ability can literally broke the attack of the target , that why when you attack him, you just broke

We can see this ability when he killed Medaka's father when he just stepped on him without even fightning, without any purpose

His Power impose destruction on anything, Medaka said that she could copy this ability because it will destroy her instantanously

Well for the other stuff, wait other people i guess so i'll call Lapitus and co.
The first scan show him one shotting Ajimu.

The other scans show that lihiko steps on Medaka's Father by landing on top of him and thus doesn't count as being used by that ability. I saw no instances of durability negation.

Honestly the rest of the scans doesn't seem to imply durability negation.

Ogbunabali said:
Literally nowhere in those scans was durability negation showed, and nowhere was mentioned that he imposes the concept of destruction on anyone.
Actually the total opposite was said. In thisscan is literally says that Iihiko's "strength is from another dimension" directly implying that he has high AP.
He doesn't impose the concept of destruction, he just impose destruction of the target with anything he want

It isn't the total opposite, his strenght is indeed in "another dimension", but that doesn't allow him to Destroy Ajimu with a lambda object, If not, he destroyed Kumagawa and Zenkichi in one hit and strenght can be both AP and hax tho

@Hammer, his ability is passive, it's all of his action which induce destruction to anything, as throw a lambda object will detroy stuffs, stepping on somethings will destroy it, that that.

Scans of that?

Because in the ones you posted it wasn't stated anywhere. It was just stated that he has high AP.

High AP doesn't allow him to broke things without even attacking someone, he destroyed "attacks" just by tanking it, he couldn't destroyed ajimu just by throwing a lambda object such as a rubber band only with AP, if it was entierly with AP, he even destroyed their spirits with lambda stuff without any purpose

Anyway, i'am going to bed now, good luck for the rest

The Causality said:
High AP doesn't allow him to broke things without even attacking someone, he destroyed "attacks" just by tanking it, he couldn't destroyed ajimu just by throwing a lambda object such as a rubber band, if it was entierly with AP, he even destroyed their spirits with lambda stuff without any purpose
That scan show them sleeping in beds while being nursed back to health... I can not believe my own eyes.

There is no such thing is durability negation via feats... durability negation requires an explained mechanism.

For the record, I agree that Iihiko is just very strong compared to the other characters and able to use anything as a weapon to a ridiculous extent. I don't think he negates durability.

Yeah a spirit is broken when you're demoralized.

And using an object to deal damage means nothing, transferring your AP trough an object is nothing new. In fiction people use normal swords made of regular steel to cut mountains and in the case of GoH a wooden sword. That doesn't mean they get dura negation.

Ogbunabali said:
Yeah a spirit is broken when you're demoralized.
And using an object to deal damage means nothing, transferring your AP trough an object is nothing new. In fiction people use normal swords made of regular steel to cut mountains and in the case of GoH a wooden sword. That doesn't mean they get dura negation.
Good but this is throught is AD that he destroyed their spirits, not with demoralization

And i don't think this point can be applied here, GOH doesn't use a rubber band to kill the target, or other object like glasses to broke them with a special ability, in their case that not mean Dura negs indeed but for Iihiko, it seem

But well , i guess it's not legit thx to DT's explanation then

@Causalty

The scan you post shown their spirits were "broken" which means their morale has been destroyed so what you say is contradicted by the very scan you posted regarding that part.

Where does it say that? It just says that their spirit is broken, and unless there's a direct statement of "this was done specifically by AD" then the baseline assumption through Occam's Razor, is that they are demoralized.

Point is, using unconventional items that aren't intended for doing mass destruction, to do a high amount of damage is nothing new in fiction.

@Hammer & Ogu The scan say that their spirits is "broken" by Iihiko, she said not only their body (when we know that he destroyed it with Absolute Destruction) but also their Mind so it's pretty obvious that he "broken" their mind too

I see, but in fiction, most of this kind of stuffs are via an ability or explicit pure strenght, here, Iihiko used a litteral rubber band to do this, it's not really related to his strenght

The Causality said:
@Hammer & Ogu The scan say that their spirits is "broken" by Iihiko, she said not only their body (when we know that he destroyed it with Absolute Destruction) but also their Mind so it's pretty obvious that he "broken" their mind too

I see, but in fiction, most of this kind of stuffs are via an ability or explicit pure strenght, here, Iihiko used a litteral rubber band to do this, it's not really related to his strenght
Huh that is funny as in that very same scans it says "Their minds weren't broken. They're just resting a bit."

Yes but nothing implies that they mean it literally. It even later says that they're "just resting for a bit" even further implying that they mean it metaphorically and not literally.

So does here as well. In this scan Medaka states that "Iihiko's strength is of another dimension". Directly stating that it is pure AP.

But yeah, DontTalk had a point, the ability isn't really explained to literally negate durability, he just show feat of the AD, so by logic we can't assume that this is literally Dura Neg.

DontTalkDT said:
There is no such thing is durability negation via feats... durability negation requires an explained mechanism.
For the record, I agree that Iihiko is just very strong compared to the other characters and able to use anything as a weapon to a ridiculous extent. I don't think he negates durability.
That is a reasonable explanation, but I think we need some more staff input other than yourself. No offense of course.

Doesn't his durability negation come from the fact that he can use objects like glasses/elastic bands to one shot people who wouldn't be affected if Iihiko didn't have Irreversable destruction?

If another character shot an elastic band at Ajimu (Say Medaka with similar AP to Iihiko) it would harmlessly bounce of her but due to ID it is able to bypass her defensive spells (which she has many)

Blackcurrant91 said:
Doesn't his durability negation come from the fact that he can use objects like glasses/elastic bands to one shot people who wouldn't be affected if Iihiko didn't have Irreversable destruction?
If another character shot an elastic band at Ajimu (Say Medaka with similar AP to Iihiko) it would harmlessly bounce of her but due to ID it is able to bypass her defensive spells (which she has many)
Don't see how exactly that counts as durabilty negations given how Ajimu is ranked Unknown on her page. Ajimu Najimi being used a example doesn't really help here.

Well considering most of his feats come from fighting Ajimu I think it does help. In fact i'm pretty sure his durability negation feat is specifically one shotting Ajimu.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Well considering most of his feats come from fighting Ajimu I think it does help. In fact i'm pretty sure his durability negation feat is specifically one shotting Ajimu.
One shot Ajimu doesn't translate to durability negation given how he fought Medaka and the rest of the cast and they didn't get one shot so this is contradicted by what has been shown in the manga it seems. Also that is really the only feat by him.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Wasn't the only reason the rest of the cast could fight him was due to styles? which Ajimu didn't have access to.
I seriously doubt this given how apparently in the past Ajimu has fight him numerous times off screen apparently without getting one shot.

This is like literally the only time we see lihiko oneshoting someone and that is about it.

Not to mention it is really more of a liability to think it can be durability negation.

You're coming across fairly agressive here. No one who supports Medaka Box would disagree with this change if the result of the thread is Iihiko loses Dura Negation.

Blackcurrant91 said:
You're coming across as fairly agressive here. No one who supports Medaka Box would disagree with this change if the result of the thread is Iihiko loses Dura Negation.
Sorry about that. I am still fairly new to this and not used to dealing with other people. I prefer to be more blunt and straightforward on what I intend to say and isn't the social type of guy. I would see if I can tone that down a bit if possible.

To be fair there is a pretty big range between the top and bottom end of 5-C so he could just have much higher ap

Paul Frank said:
To be fair there is a pretty big range between the top and bottom end of 5-C so he could just have much higher ap

Out of curiosity, is there any feats that will put him at 5C? His profile put him at "possible 5C" at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back