• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars Meta and Registration Thread

Well I was told to keep it "rules lite" so. Basically you just describe your character's action and the GM (me in this case) will tell you if it doesn't work. Otherwise, you can do whatever is within your character's capabilities.

You have it as soon as you start, but you can describe yourself taking/getting it if you want. Yours was brought back to the waiting room after the last mission.

Professor Lord you are mixing up the laws of physics that govern matter with the laws of space, which govern everything within space, regardless of whether it is physical or immaterial. Stands still exist within space. They do not exist unbound from space. They do not exist outside space. They do not exist in another space. These are the only things that would make a being naturally resistant to spatial manipulation without outright saying that they resist spatial manipulation. Which has not to my knowledge ever been brought up about stands. Stands will still be affected by spatial manipulation, including all changes made to it. Being incorporeal will not affect that.

You are stuck on the idea of teleportation and force fields. Those are very limited applications of spatial manipulation, and in no way represent it's full scope, nor are they representative of its limitation.

ProfessorLord, you are wrong. Accept it instead of arguing for powers stands do not possess. If you think stands are all immune to spatial manipulation because they are noncorporeal, make a CRT for it, and watch it get shot down.

isn't tThe Hand a clear exemple of stands not resisting space manipulation ? if they were outside the bounds of space, The Hand would be completly useless

Stands are just astral projections. The projections exist and manifest within space, but they remain mostly unaffected by the space and matter that exist. The only exception being their effective range, of course.

Stands have demonstrated they are immune to spatial manipulation anyway. The stand Strength had spatial manipulation, as described on the jojo wiki: While Strength is bound to an object, Forever gets unquestionable psychic control over it. Even objects, such as electrical chords, bolts in the hull, and the very floors and walls themselves are bent and twisted to the beck and call of Forever's will. This power can be used to surprise attack those who board the yacht and also allows Forever to travel through the ship's walls and floor as if they were liquid.

Even though its described as psychic, it falls under spatial manipulation especially since psychic abilities don't let you stretch out matter to the point where its longer than it physically should be, like Strength did with various nails. All of it was reverted once he was defeated, further proving it's not psychic control, just temporary spatial manipulation. Anyways, Star Platinum was still able to be manifested and had no problems circumventing this spatial warping. Unsure if others ever tried to manifest their stands while they were stuck in the ship, but it wouldn't have mattered because they didn't know the cause.

Great point, unfortunately The Hand has never been used against another intangible incorporeal stand so the teleportation effect would still have been useless. The Hand has never even scraped another stand away, and even if it could that's more of an interaction between incorporeal beings, so it's justified. The Hand has only ever been used on one stand, Stray Cat, and that's because Stray Cat is a tangible stand, seeing as how Hayato was able to see and interact with it.

Is Strength the monkey?

That's just matter manipulation over the boat. I watched that scene and it was not spatial manipulation. Don't wank. SP had no problem with it because for all the twisting, it was just matter manipulation and stands aren't made of matter

Edit: Actually SP did have problems with the twisting but I guess that's just stand v stand. Still matter.

I guess matter manipulation makes more sense for Strength lol.

If this was a versus thread I'd keep debating but I really didn't want to make an issue of this in the first place so I'll just drop the matter now.

I asked Arigarmy if stands could resist spatial manipulation. His response: "unless they can counter it or negate it no".

Though I guess it's already been resolved.

You know what, I was hit with an idea, and I'm going to redo my character. This may be a bit too powerful, but seeing how high both of Monarch's characters set the bar, I think this is alright.

Name: Titania Arkos

Theme: I am Legend

Theme Song

Sex
: Female

Personality: Initially very pessimistic and lazy. She only joins this fight because she's made aware of her possession of spirits that are filled with the powers of heroes and gods, who, to her dismay, constantly urge her to attempt to save her universe. As she gains more and more spirits, however, she begins to have a greater hope for humanity as a whole, before realizing she is the embodiment of humanity. It's myths, it's wishes, it's people.

Appearance: Imagine this, but beating the sh*t out of you. Unkempt, Wears pajamas when serious about fighting someone. Black hair that doesn't really go in a single direction, stocky build that's kept in check by a slouch.

Past Lives/Souls: 5-C Sun Wukong, 5-C Odin (Myth)

Wishlist:

I'll keep that in mind. These are supposed to be fodder though.

Also @Dargoo, your character is accepted.

Alright, well. How should I introduce my character to the official threads?

Reading through to get a gist of what's been going on, and a good way to naturally enter in.

If you want, I can bring you in from a parallel universe where you were apart of something resembling our group, with a very similar goal. If I do it though, it'll probably take a while for me to find a moment to introduce you properly, maybe before a boss-fight or use you as a plot device to solve something.

That seems like the best way, considering how late I am to the party.

I can draft up some writing for a backstory/what the hell's been going on with my character while the rest of the plot has been progressing.

Okay, just be sure to include how our characters came to meet. General vibe my character is going for is justice and peace, through any means necessary.

I'll draft out my character's backstory/their universe getting womped, before I get into interactions.

Although I'm pretty sure my character would royally piss off yours, seeing as her accepting heroism and justice comes after her being lazy and selfish.

Alright, backstory time.

Part 1

The universe tore apart around Titania, space and time lost meaning, and all the worth in the world shriveled away.

At least, waiting in the LA heat while drenched in the scent of sweat sure as hell made it feel that way. Finding decent clothes, a day's worth of water supplies, and prepping contingency plans for a Code-"shit my phone is dead" event… it was as if she had to act like the Queen of England to enter a freaking candy shop.

The line spiraled in and out of her attention, making it more difficult to avoid thinking about paying off credit and cashing in debts, yet she strengthened her resolve. Today was not the day for the same hum-drum that ate away at weekdays; it was that magical time of the year to let the working parts of the noggin dry out into jerky…

It was a god-damned Saturday.

And by the powers above, Titania would secure the Beta-Testing spot for Warlords of Wankia.

In all the time it took her to come up with that inspiring inner monologue, around two steps forward were taken in that hour alone. Boredom was a fickle power, and soon after the creativity and inner dialogue wore out, Titania's mind would wander to saddeningly more pressing matters.

She was in that sort of borderline broke state where one constantly thinks "Oh shit oh shit oh shit", and gains the supernatural ability to penny pinch and to scavenge for change. It wasn't the usual story for someone her age; student loans or the complete and utter lack of available jobs.

No, it was far more simple of an issue than that. It was a crippling addiction to the digital world.

Which, incidentally, was around 90% of the motivation Titania needed to get out, and wait in line for a chance at a Free, probably/maybe actually good game, made by developers who probably not as broke as her.

The line had moved another step, slower this time. It was time to resort to one of her ultimate time wasting utilities, Tetris on a smart phone. While she could argue for an appreciation of the classics, it was free, took up barely any of the space the phone had, and didn't need an internet connection.

And thus, an entire hour would pass, as bricks stacked and reshuffled themselves.

She could actually see the building at this point, although it was still a good jog or two from her getting to the entrance. Her phone teetering on the 10% line, meaning her best bet was to pocket it lest money be wasted on a bus.

With more time, she steadily approached the developer's store, inching her way towards the breeze of air conditioning that was the heaven to the hell of the heatwave outside. Closer, closer, closer!

She was nearly about to waltz in and break into song. She took a step forward,

And the building violently exploded in front of her in a flash of light. A single moment of unthinkable agony, then the world going numb. The image of pavement lined with a red carpet of viscera burned into her mind before she went into shock.

Alright guys, gotta retire from GMing and get ready for my classes. It's been fun. When he's ready, Blah is gonna take over from now on. I might be able to join as a player now and then, depending on how busy things get.

I was only here like one day and I already mess 'em.

Hope to see you back whenever you can :D. Good luck with your classes!

In case anyone missed it, the group's are currently split up as:

Realm (Edwellken), Edward (Edward), and Garrett (Sider) helping/protecting the refugees.

Greg (Andy), Jackson (Psycho), and Blane (me) in the city gathering supplies

Kyoryu (Kiryu), Jake (Overlord), Silas (Dragon) and The Stranger (Christian) out scouting the area. (Retconning one of Ks into this group cause they're needed to sense the Emissary)

Manuelo (Professor) and The (Smashor), are having a death match off in the middle of nowhere with their babysitter (Monarch), and Titania (Dargoo) on stand-by (in a parallel world for Titania.

Anyone else (so basically just Jacky) can either join the scouting group or the house sitting group.

Edit: okay, Jake (Overlord) wasn't in the scouting group after all. But he will likely be joining it to avoid scaring the villagers to death.

So what's going to happen with the deathmatch.

Am I / the will of the GM expected to intervene or can they actually kill each other there...?

Jackythejack said:
Is plot happening now?
Yeah kinda in case you didn't ill just copy and paste what blahblah said

"In case anyone missed it, the group's are currently split up as:

Realm (Edwellken), Edward (Edward), and Garrett (Sider) helping/protecting the refugees.

Greg (Andy), Jackson (Psycho), and Blane (me) in the city gathering supplies

Kyoryu (Kiryu), Jake (Overlord), Silas (Dragon) and The Stranger (Christian) out scouting the area. (Retconning one of Ks into this group cause they're needed to sense the Emissary)

Manuelo (Professor) and The (Smashor), are having a death match off in the middle of nowhere with their babysitter (Monarch), and Titania (Dargoo) on stand-by (in a parallel world for Titania.

Anyone else (so basically just Jacky) can either join the scouting group or the house sitting group.

Edit: okay, Jake (Overlord) wasn't in the scouting group after all. But he will likely be joining it to avoid scaring the villagers to death."

Back