• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars Meta and Registration Thread

Hey @Monarch mabe you and @Edwell should make a complete list of character rules, like having all the tier ristrictions(for past life and wishlist), powers you can't have(Time manip, Reality warp, etc...), and also certian characters can be banned like Reinhard and SCP-682, so that this doesnt happen again, you can then have ed put it by the character template.

I just think this may clear up some confusion and make it easier for people to join(Some of the important stuff is basicly by word like that past life limit is 5-C)

@Jacky you don't need to if you don't want to, but it'd be nice to see Annalis' thoughts. I put a recap in the 3rd thread.

Ah alright gimme a moment.

ill be juggling typing a response and bumping vs threads 'till someone responds on them.

~~it ain't ever gonna happen I tells ya. Never~~

So I made a discussion about this but its got no responce and it does pretain to my character.

How does type 5 Immortality work?

Basically someone who's without death, and so cannot die in a traditional sense (if he didn't have any regenerative ability though...). Only Existence Erasure could truly put him to death.

Can't die, because they aren't something that the concept of death actually applies to.

Can still be harmed and hurt, permanently if they don't have Regenerationn.

Is it too late to join this? inb4 I get hax/AP stomped with this setup

Name: Titania Arkos

Theme: Silent Explosion

Theme Song

Sex
: Female

Personality: Timid, yet explosive and defensive when threatened. Acts almost like a predatory animal, she stalks and observes, yet does a complete 180 while in the limelight. She's defensive of what's hers, seldom lets people or possessions go under her wing for long. Tends to think violence is the best solution to most problems, but keeps a cap on that until the going gets tough.

Appearance: Imagine this, but beating the sh*t out of you. Unkempt, Wears pajamas when serious about fighting someone. Black hair that doesn't really go in a single direction, stocky build that's kept in check by a slouch.

Past Lives/Souls: 5-C Sun Wukong, Assassin (EMIYA)

Wishlist:

@Monarch you said your space-time freeze would render me and my stand frozen, even if I had resistance to time manipulation. Just wanted to clarify here that it's not true. Incorporeal beings are not affected by most forms of spatial manipulation, the exception being spatial manipulation that ties in with time manipulation. It's on the non-corporeal page. Spatial manipulation is nowhere to be found on said page, because non-corproeal beings have no physical form, and are therefore exempt to space in general (ie they can walk through walls, phase through anything, etc) Ghosts and souls are almost always considered non-corporeal, the reason stands have it on their profiles is because it's been shown they can interact with souls and ghosts.

So in a space-time manipulation stop, so long as I have time manipulation, I will be able to use my stand freely without consequence.

@Professor Lord that is not how non-corporeality works. Just because there is nothing on the page mentioning spatial manipulation does not mean non-corporeal beings are immune to spatial manipulation. Just because you don't have a physical body doesn't mean you don't move through space. The lack of a mention actually just means they would be affected the same as eveyrone else.

And the very fact that Stands have a range they can go from their user proves they are bound by space, as range is a function of space. Stands are just as affected by space and distance as everything else.

Eh...reality warping already include spatial manipulation, also it's also said " among other means". Unless It's specifically mentioned, Ghost usually can't survive being suck into a black hole, for an extreme case.

i want to change a minor detail about my profile

because Komodo Dragons only live up to 30 years

and i start as a Komodo Dragon

Monarch Laciel said:
Just because there is nothing on the page mentioning spatial manipulation does not mean non-corporeal beings are immune to spatial manipulation. Just because you don't have a physical body doesn't mean you don't move through space. The lack of a mention actually just means they would be affected the same as eveyrone else.

And the very fact that Stands have a range they can go from their user proves they are bound by space, as range is a function of space. Stands are just as affected by space and distance as everything else.
Yes, not having a physical body does make you exempt from physical consequence in large. The things mentioned on the page were examples of things that specifically can affect incorporeal beings, the lack of mention means it does not fall under said list and therefore cannot affect incorporeal beings. Intangible beings are also unaffected by telekinesis (as telekinesis means moving objects through thought or non-physical forces, objects implying something tangible or made up of material, which stands are not) Since spatial manipulation is bound around the concept of affecting the space and matter of objects (on its page it uses teleportation, summoning, and forcefields as examples, all of which are bound via requiring matter in some form, whether it be changing its positon, creating or rearranging it, or blocking it out respectively) it's fair to assume spatial manipulation would have no effect on those without a material form to begin with, which includes stands.

Some stands do have a range, but that's more a consequence of the rules of stands and there concept, not really a limitation on their interaction with space. In practice you can consider that their only weakness when it comes to spatial manipulation. Maybe it's an interaction between distance from the soul and the manifestation, who knows.

Also, incorporeals wouldnt be able to survive a blackhole on the basis that the extreme gravity warps not only space but time as well, and they have no resistance to time manipulation.

@ProfessorLord, no.

Even if you are incorporeal, you still move within space. You may be exempt from matter by virtue of being non-corporeal, but you are not exempt from space. You are confusing the two. Stands still move within space, even if they are intangible. A non-corporeal being does not get to naturally move through space that has been twisted, or extended, or separated as if it was normal space. An incorporeal being cannot naturally move beyond the boundaries of space simply due to not having a physical body. That is not how it works.

Your argument that "spatial manipulation lists teleportation, summoning and forcefields, all of which need matter" is also incorrect. None of those things actually need matter. All of those things have the potential ability to affect incorporeal things, teleportation and summoning in particular. Summoning of incorporeal beings, incorporeal beings teleporting. Both of these things are very common. Telekinesis is irrelevant.

And your argument that "spatial manipulation is not listed as something that can affect them" is also incorrect because the page only lists things that can kill them. It doesn't say they are the only things that can affect them.

Speaking of which, what the hell is Darkness, lore-wise? We're fighting against the SD (Tm), but we didn't have a clue as to what it is.

Stands aren't non-corporeal in the first place, just selectively intangible. They have a physical form that obeys the laws of physics, with the exception that they're selectively intangible.

...Though the degree of physics that they're willing to obey is...questionable, as best, especially so with later's Stand.

@Monarch still not true.

You are not exempt from space, correct, but you are exempt from any laws or restrictions that may be put on you within said space, because you have no material form for these laws or restrictions to interact with. Moving through space does not debunk stands being unable to be unaffected by it. I think you're under the impression that being unaffected by space means lbeing unbound by it, which is not true, that's something that would only apply to higher dimensional beings, which stands are not.

I guess I have to go through this in detail, huh? Teleportation: the theoretical transfer of matter or energy from one point to another without traversing the physical space between them Forcefields: a vector field that describes a non-contact force acting on a particle at various positions in space. Do you see it? In the definitions, the first includes the word matter, and the second one particle, both of which a stand lacks. Two forms of spatial manipulation, and by definition they cannot affect or interact with stands. Of course if its proven that they can bypass this mechanic and CAN interact with immaterial objects via feats, then the standard definition doesn't apply. I focused on these two specifically, because the mechanics of summoning changes a shit ton, and I admit it is possible to summon immaterial items, but in most cases it's probably because a degree of soul manipulation is involved.

Blahblah9755 said:
Stands aren't non-corporeal in the first place, just selectively intangible. They have a physical form that obeys the laws of physics, with the exception that they're selectively intangible.
The only thing that can interact with a non-corporeal being is certain types of manipulation, and being a non-corporeal being. Stands don't have the time, conceptual, or soul manipulation associated and therefore they cannot interact with ghosts, which are considered non-corporeal by default. Seeing as how Rohan's Heavens Door (who specifically lacks said manipulation) was able to interact with a non-corporeal being, especially since it doesn't carry any special ability to allow it to do so, Heaven's Door must have been one itself. That's why all stands have non-corporeal as well as intangibility.

So, question. When the profiles for our characters are up, what happens after?

You can start whenever. If your profile is accepted you can start before it even goes up if you want.

Edwellken said:
You can start whenever. If your profile is accepted you can start before it even goes up if you want.
I suppose I'm asking how to play the game once a profile is accepted.

Back