• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars Meta and Registration Thread

We don't really have PVP, but I agree with everything you've said and would like significant encoutners to be handled that way.

Restarting Gil's fight is fine with me.

Fine too. Also yeah, you're right. The training is mostly for speed equalization, stat padding abit, and just trying out new stuff.

Just read Murphy's Law in Combat found where professers character stopped :)

• Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

So this has no relevence to the game except its a similar concept of combining characters I just was wondering what you guys think. How broken/powerful would a combination of Oryx, the Taken King (Material projections/Echoes only) and SCP-682(with extended cano) be?(If the power is the same they combine to make a stronger version)

(BTW this is not me wanting these characters just wondering how OP it would be)

Too weak, this 10-B can stomp him. (He actually might not now that I think about it, since the whole regenning from a 1B thing that 682 has going on. But if we ignore it, then probably.)

But in all seriousness, I can't be bothered to read through all Oryx's abilities, so what makes him OP?

This is just some of his defense

Oryx: Immortality (Types 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 via Touch of Malice, and the sword logic, 7, 8, based on his oversoul and the concepts of curiosity and understanding, possibly the concepts of war and cunning, 9), Regenerationn (Mid-Godly)

Resistance to Reality Warping, Conceptual Manipulation, Law Manipulation (Killed the worm god Akka, who could deny truthes until they became lies, easily able to withstand the power of his daughters, one of which created the laws defining how hive ascendant planes work and planned to kill one, the other of which created the deathsong, which kills targets on a conceptual level and negates Regenerationn at least up to Mid-Godly), Existence Erasure, Statistics Reduction, Power Nullification (Even when confronted by Guardians at the apex of their power is still totally immune to their abilities, only defeated through having his own power corrupted by the light and used against him. The power nullification of Guardians has demonstrated feats such as negating the acausal nature of beings such as the Vex and other Hive gods and allowing them to inflict a final death on to Atheon, who normally is omnipresent throughout time and should otherwise have no issue summoning an infinite amount of clones to overwhelm the guardians), Light Manipulation, Void Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Absorption, Life Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Attack Reflection, Mind Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Curse Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Existence Erasure, Nanotechnology, Pain Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Reality Warping, Matter Manipulation(Molecular), Vector Manipulation, Black Hole Creation, Gravity Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Probability Manipulation

Yeah plus 682 would add a few of his own, also since they have multiple of the same they combine to make a stronger resistance. 682 also adds soul manip immunity and a 1-B consciousness.

I would also say that 682s type 8 immortality is superior. But in the end this combo character would basicly be the definition of indestrucible/unkillable(outside of like the 1-B+ range)

I've never understood what's up with characters like that, that get listed as having type 8 or 9 immortality from higher D beings, but not high godly regen. If the universe is collapsed on them do they just keep living, but not have a soul, body, mind, existence etc? Cause apparently they aren't regenerating, they're just alive.

yeah, you got it right blah. if a higher dimensional character has an avatar and that avatar has the universe collapsed on them, they wouldn't come back. if you can destroy the avatar, you can beat them, even if their true existance is on a higher plane. they wouldn't get high godly because being higher dimensional doesnt give you infinite access to lower dimensional materials so you can just re-construct your avatar again, particularly if the lower dimensional materials and creation is forbidden in their higher dimension for some reason. confusing and stupid, but makes sense.

another less accurate but semi-working analogy is me creating a 2-D paper cutout of a celebrity. just because my dimensions are greater than him, doesn't mean i can rip him apart and create him again, i might not know how, i might not have the experience to do so, and i might not have the ability to afford said materials. again not a 1-1 analogy, but it works for understanding.

@professer that makes sense though I do feel like a 1-B character could put someone back together but overall that makes sense

yeah but being 1-B doesn't correlate to your Regenerationn. it's entirely possible for a 1-B character to be high-low regen, i don't know how that would work in plot, but theres nothing saying its not possible. you gotta demonstrate that regen to obtain it on your profile.

I know just that, but I feel like if an avatar where to die then a 1-B character could recreate/revive the avatar

I'd like to give my input on the Gilgamesh fight. Great concept, and a good start, but work needs to be done to make it polished and more enjoyable.

I feel the idea of a character whom our group of powerful haxors and heavy hitters could not simply sweep away into the trash was a great idea. I feel the darkness almost using the avatar of Gilgamesh as a puppet was really cool as well. I do believe execution needs a lot of work. I feel like you should enforce the rules that Dargoo had suggested in the next thread, it'll take a lot of stress of of you when it comes to replying and setting up plot, and it makes the threads less cluttered in general.

The defeat of Gilgamesh seemed... underwhelming. In the end, it took our fastest character to tell another portal creator the coordinates to a blackhole, just for him to die. Everyone else was useless, period. And while that is a consequence of a hax group vs an anti-hax character, I think next time this many hax nullifications were too much for anyone to really be useful, such a character should be reserved in the ultra-end game, maybe just mild to severe resistances next time. These boss fights should be a team-jointed effort, and that doesn't mean putting us against a character and hope for the best when it comes to teamwork, it means having the character interact with us and putting specific people into specific situations, addressing the majority by addressing a couple of people at a time, and ultimately having their actions on any specific person pose consequences for the entire group, thus giving people a reason to work together.

Multiple enemies could also give you more variety and abilities to work with. I'm sure you can think up a couple synergies that would really compliment each other, only drawback to this is that it can get twice as confusing, but that's why I reccomended Dragoo's idea of how to organize character chat. Having a character have abilities not listed on their profile is fine as well, the darkness is an abstract power that we have no idea how it functions, it's not out of the ordinary for it to grant an entity under its control temporary unique abilities that seperate it from the original, for example, maybe a shadow-corrupted charizard that has hellfire, or maybe a shadow-corrupted link with the ability to teleport. you can get even more creative than this, having unique shadow abilities that compliment and strengthen the original character because of it, like potentially giving a shadow-corrupted yang invulnerability (as well as other resistances thanks to being a shadow) allowing her semblance to get stronger from getting hit without her actually suffering permanent damage. basically, you have a lot of free-reign to give a character additional resistances to hax and unique abilities without any question whatsoever. just be sure to have a way to defeat these potentially OP characters with the help of plot, not just relying on us to kill them through abilities, in case you go overboard like Gilgamesh you haven't wrote yourself into a corner and need to kill him off.

Overall you've got some good ideas, just gotta execute them better. I'd rate the previous fights we've had so far maybe averaging a 4-5/10, this Gilgamesh fight was around a 6/10 in terms of overall how well it's been done. We've been expected to forward the plot and the fights ourselves a lot, it really makes it uninteresitng very quickly, ive wanted to quit a couple times now because of how boring and unmoderated this has been, but thanks to some creative input and overall control from yourself this Gilgamesh fight was better than the previous, but still has a lot of room to grow.

100% of this is valid criticism, but I just wanna put in my 2 cents as the one GMing before Blah and the guy responsible for 90% of the fights before Gilgamesh.

I pretty much agree with all of the above. It's just hard to implement it smoothly when you have 10+ players waiting for you to move stuff forward quickly. I ended up having you guys move fights on your own due to how overwhelming your responses became around the first boss fight and how hard it was to moderate. Particularly in the fight against your past souls, I was having dinner with family and didn't want to be checking my phone every 5 minutes, but at the same time didn't want to hold up the game for you all. A ruleset like Dargoo suggested would have solved this problem and it definitely should have been implemented a long time ago. I'll take full responsibility for that one.

Tldr, don't blame Blah, he was just following the precedent I set. I think Prof and Dargoo's suggestions/criticisms should be taken to heart moving forward.

Thanks for the input. I'll try to implement your suggestions in as best I can. The next battle is planned to be a bit different from the ones so far, and I hope with the more controlled rules I'm able to handle it better.

I'm gonna have to bow outta this RP; I've repeatedly missed too much of it, and I hardly contribute anything to it these days.

Well, it does get to crowded out after all...Are we running a Darwinian school of RP-ing, where only the one stay behind...

Oh yeah, since I intend to chose Homura Kamishiro (Ultimate Antihero) as my 3rd soul, could you let me do the backstory for him? Because of Outer God and all.

Back