• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regulus Corneas Authority changes .

Recently I've been reading Arc 5 of Re:Zero and while reading it I was struck by the fact that Wikis description of Regulus’s power was really inaccurate. I spend a lot of time reading through every scene in the novel that had Him in it and thinking about it a lot. So after that I contacted Black Reaper Sasaki who originally wrote the description of his power on Re:Zero Wiki and after talking for a few days we came into the agreement that the previous version was in fact incorrect . ( He already changed it on Re : Zero wiki) We are still deciding on the most minor details but this is basically how it works :

• Stillness of an Object's Time: Stillness of an Object's Time was Regulus' main offensive ability, named by Subaru. Regulus could stop the time of anything he was wearing, touching, or even his breath, which in turn stopped the object's interference from the outside world and only allowed its interference outwards. The atmosphere released from the Stillness of an Object's Time could cause shock waves which destroyed everything in its path no matter the sturdiness. Small objects imbued with Stillness of an Object's Time created devastating and destructive attacks. Regulus stopped the time of pebbles, gravel or dirt and threw them at an enemy. These objects would travel through anything and anyone, resulting in the object or a person's destruction. The objects kept traveling as long as their time was stopped meaning they could potentially travel through the whole world and come out on the other side, considering the shape of the new planet. Apart from pebbles, dirt, gravel and other objects, Regulus could also create invisible walls of death by stopping time of his breath, which would make it almost impossible to approach him without randomly turning into a shredded corpse, or stopping time of the air produced by his hand's movement, effectively creating an invisible blade of air that split the earth and sky and cut everything in its path without fail. Furthermore, Regulus could also use Stillness of an Object's Time on himself, making it so whatever touched him was immediately desintegrated, as seen when Reinhard threw a spear at him and the shaft vanished on impact–his body literally rejected anything it collides with. When in this state, Regulus was untouchable, as noted by Reinhard. However it seems as he is unable to use it on himself without merging his hearth with his Wives
  • Lion's Heart: allowed Regulus to freeze his heart's time, stopping his heartbeat and granting himself a temporary state of invincibility. While this power was active, Regulus was completely cut off from the world's flow of time, literally becoming a walking anomaly. He did not have to eat, drink or even breathe and his body did not age, nor did it perform even the most basic of human body functions. He could even ignore whichever physical law he wished, traveling at inhuman speeds, ignoring gravity and scaling multi-story buildings by just lightly pushing himself off the ground. According to Reinhard, he did not possess a heartbeat and had a corpse-like body temperature. Lion's Heart acted as his main defensive ability as it allowed him to simply ignore any and every form of damage dealt to his body, be it sword or magical attacks that could level entire buildings, collisions with dragon carriages that would rip a normal person apart, falling down for hundreds of meters launched towards the ground with extreme speeds, and being frozen deep underwater. However, this ability did have a downside to it, in form of a time limit. Whenever Regulus used this ability for more than five seconds at a time, he began to experience almost unbearably excruciating pain, which prompted him to quickly deactivate it. If he would continue with the usage of it, without taking pauses, Regulus would die from heart failure. He had noted that he could, in theory, push the limit to around ten seconds, but the pain was too intense. Luckily, however, Regulus was capable of handing Lion's Heart over to one of the subjects from his kingdom, or in other words, any woman he had confirmed to be his wife. By doing this, all side effects of Lion's Heart would be removed and Regulus was able to freely use it for as much as he wanted to, without the need to take breaks after a certain amount of time. His wives did not bear any side effects of the ability, and were not even aware of bearing their beloved husband's heart–his pseudo-heart was nigh undetectable by a normal person, including Regulus himself.

• Clarification of his Invincibility: Whenever you see him getting knocked back then he is using Lion's Heart and whenever all attacks seem to not affect him at all he is under the effect of Stillness of an object's time.

The objects kept traveling as long as their time was stopped meaning they could potentially travel through the whole world and come out on the other side, considering the shape of the new planet.

What does "considering the shape of the new planet" mean? Besides that seems pretty accurate to me.

By that i meant that if he would be on the spherical planet working the same way as earth then it could potentially do it. Tho re:zero world is flat so i don’t think it would work

So we discovered a lot of new stuff about his power and already changed it on Re:Zero wiki so i would like update it here if it’s okay.

A lot of that info is LN only ie sending Reinhard to the Moon, freezing water to walk on etc.

I would rather we wait for the translated volumes of Arc 5 to be out before adding all that.

It works for the Re Zero Wiki, but for Vs Battles, it really doesn't cause it has implications for the characters, ie Reinhard should be upgraded to like Massively Hypersonic+ or Sub-Relativistic for being able to come back from the Moon.

Well since it was made with comparison of few translations i would say that stuff like Throwing Reinhard into the Moon could be added already as everyone who translated it confirmed that it is indeed in there. I understand not adding smaller details as there is a small possibility of it being misstranslated but some of the most major stuff could be added in my opinion.

You would need to provide the raws and a translation, which will lead to the obvious Reinhard and others speed upgrade, we also need a time frame.

Again would rather we wait, i like adding things in bulk instead of adding the major stuff, which i don't know the context of since it's not translated.

After talking a bit with Sasaki he said that he checked all these changes with his japanese friend so there is basically no way that there is any major error .

Back