• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn Page Missing Type Clarification on Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cool with Low Godly. That being said all Shinigami should get limited Intangibility since they are intangible in the real world.

Perhaps a summation should be made?

Are we now putting that all Shinigami have intangibility and invisibility to anything that doesn't have Reiatsu/Reiryoku? Or that they are intangible and invisible to anything that also isn't intangible or invisible (since other intangible/invisible beings can interact and see them)?

I would presume all battles with Shinigami should be put on a neutral battlefield, tho. Which was kinda always the assumption on the wiki.

Verse-exclusive mechanics tend to be equalized or ignored. A famous one is "Only Stands can harm Stands."

Neutral indeed, but this is an indexing wiki 1st right? it won't be combat applicable via verse equalization.

Well I think it depends on what we're equating Reiatsu with, let's take Haki for an example. Its something we don't equalize with Chakra and Reiatsu.

@Matthew

Well, the issue here is that according to our definitions, I do not think that it matters that they are treated as wholly physical in the spirit world. If their entire spiritual beings are completely destroyed, and they come back, it is still Mid-Godly.

@Antvasima

It's more complex than that. It's that beings from the Living World and the Spiritual World are each made of different, but equivalent matter. Kishi and Reishi.

And people here agreed to Low-Godly anyway.

Maybe "At least Low-Godly, possibly Mid-Godly" then?

I think "At least Low godly" would work the best here. Also this isn't a thread just for Bleach it's about soul manipulation in general. Shouldn't we explain this in the Soul Manipulation page?

Anyway, I feel that just Low-Godly is what makes the most sense. It's a textbook definition. Aizen's body is completely erased and he comes back.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I don't think so? I literally don't know any other Verse that has souls be half as physical as Bleach.

o.o I thought you mentioned another verse like it. If not my bad.

It isn't like I have a massive stake in this topic. I just think that it might be simpler and to cover all angles to use "At least Low-Godly, possibly Mid-Godly", since the case does not appear to be clear-cut.

It's a possibility, we are an indexing site after all. I don't think it's deserving of a possibly, just "Low Godly, At most Mid Godly."

aizens mind body and soul was completely erased from existence. mugetsu is even called " everything returns to nothing". yet aizen came back.

hers the definition of mid godly

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after being completely erased from existence, including mind, body, and soul.

and heres the definition of low godly

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of your body, instead restoring it from your disembodied consciousness, whether that be your soul, mind, or something else.

Someone give me proof that aizen has a disembodied conciousness.

What was erased was Aizen's body, made of Reishi, molecules and cells. To be Mid-Godly it'd need to be a disembodied incorporeal counsciousness being erased as well, which isn't the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back