• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn from a concept (or concepts if possible?)

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
A particular question that popped into my head recently here.

Basically to clarify the topic, is there a degree or known level that identifies this kind of regen? As in, is regenerating from a concept(s), not including if the person or thing is connected to it as it's embodiment or whatever, Low-Godly or is it possibly Mid-Godly?

Just for clarification and questioning in general.

I mean, I don't know an example, but given that it would take conceptual erasure to bypass it which is >>>>> regular erasure, which requires Mid-Godly regen to come back, I would assume that Mid-Godly is required for the former as well.

Hmm. That is quite hard to say.

Well for one example even though i was trying to ask in general, i wanted to know how would this affect certain beings like this guy here.

In his case, he's pretty much this age-old god who'll always keep coming back so long as darkness itself exists. But apparently in the same story he appeared in, it's revealed that Machina, a man whose one of the top strongest of the same group Reinhard and shit (i.e everyone else) is from, possess a Briah/Ability however you want to say it that can actually erase him and the concept he embodies (albeit that actually would do something very cathostrophic to the planet...not that the guy that would have killed the person in question would have cared, however).

So would Methuselah in your opinion count for Mid-Godly regen in his specific circumstance/case? Given that he needed someone like Machina to actually kill him. Even Reinhard didn't kill him, and he's much stronger than Machina since all he did was merely wipe out all of the mystery he had of him, which is merely taking away all of that which makes him powerful and such if i need to explain more of him...

I don't think Meth qualifies for mid godly to begin with

Meth is all concepts of darkness everywhere. Unless all concepts of darkness everywhere are erased, he still exists.

And seeing as Machina can erase all concepts of darkness everywhere by punching Meth, and Meth can't come back from that, he doesn't have mid godly

@Monarch: The question can apply to others if possible~

Yes, possible~

Yeah, that's why i'm asking this question in a sense related to characters like Methuselah. Especially since he would still live anyways if Darkness is still around, yet a much weaker character like Machina's Briah, being stated to even end concepts provided he has a way of physically punching them, was deemed a huge threat by even Meth himself hence why he BFR'd him far away from his and the LDO's confrontation during IkaBey.

Well it's at the very least very good type 8 immortality. Don't know if it counts as Mid-Godly if he needs darkness in order to regenerate though.

Monarch Laciel said:
I don't think Meth qualifies for mid godly to begin with

Meth is all concepts of darkness everywhere. Unless all concepts of darkness everywhere are erased, he still exists.

And seeing as Machina can erase all concepts of darkness everywhere by punching Meth, and Meth can't come back from that, he doesn't have mid godly
Sorry but doesn't he already have mid-godly Regenerationn in his profile?

@Kal: Hmm...

Well in any other case, i was just wondering as to what it would be like since a concept kind of counts as a "thing", which i assumed would at least make someone have a high-end degree of Low-Godly since they're regenerating from something. Whereas Mid-Godly is regenerating from just completely nothing AFAIK.

Well, "nothing" for Mid-Godly is very relative. It ranges from simple body+soul erasure to absurd stuff like SMT demons coming back after existence+nonexistence+conceptual (I think) erasure

Should we try to note that on the regen page? Although it did went through a revision some time ago so i'm not sure...

Especially since this would turn into a stupid ass staff thread somehow which i would greatly disapprove of it happening since it's mainly just a question of WHERE exactly we should draw this at.

I personally think that the way the regen page explains it is fine. It's coming back after your body, soul and consciousness are erased, but your concept encompasses all of them.

That sounds like it deserves a BOOOOOOOOOOOO.......but in a serious note, i suppose that's fine then? Maybe it's in the sense that your concept of being, even if everything else as mentioned there is erased, is still intact and why one could have that higher degree of Mid-Godly compared to normal users of it?

Pretty much yes. Being erased to a level where even your abstract idea is destroyed (which would be the requirement to kill said character for good) should logically be a way deeper level that simply converting you into nothingness (body+soul) which is basic Mid-Godly

Basically the higher degree would be because if it doesn't affect your concept directly it wouldn't kill you, while erasing "beyond nothingness" (surprisingly common nowadays) would bypass basic Mid-Godly.

Back