• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regeneration Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Low-Godly applies to any regeneration that is covering at least complete physical destruction (i.e. is can't be covered by High), but not complete destruction of the spiritual aspects of mind, soul or equivalent (i.e. anything not mid-godly), yes.
The problem is people who regenerate their mind and soul but not body

The problem is people who regenerate their mind and soul but not body
We just recently had a thread on that. That's like characters who can regenerate their brain, but not the heart. I.e. an exception.
Characters of this nature get ranked as lowest level for which the meet all criteria, and get an explanation specifying which other things they can regenerate beyond what the level suggests.

We just recently had a thread on that. That's like characters who can regenerate their brain, but not the heart. I.e. an exception.
Characters of this nature get ranked as lowest level for which the meet all criteria, and get an explanation specifying which other things they can regenerate beyond what the level suggests.
So what level would regenerating their mind+soul be? Though Low-Godly should be reworded then

Again, what if in the verse, mind is grouped in with body, and someone erases that persons body and soul?
Complete erasure of physical body and all disembodied conciousness that is equivalent mind/soul or both (depends on how far a verse is developed in those areas, can even includes life force, essence yk? And not necessarily mind had to be even being a established thing so body and soul would be whole). Mid Godly.

The idea should be different imo. Low Godly in explanation blatantly is just referring to your physical body only, and not anything else. The new Regen should be called "Aspectual". Specifically referring to different aspects of your existence that are not tied to your physical being.

The idea should be different imo. Low Godly in explanation blatantly is just referring to your physical body only, and not anything else. The new Regen should be called "Aspectual". Specifically referring to different aspects of your existence that are not tied to your physical being.
Good idea actually I will edit my blog

So Aspectual is the new Mid-Godly, while the High Godly ties to having your informational levels or aspects yeetus deletus or something?

So Aspectual is the new Mid-Godly, while the High Godly ties to having your informational levels or aspects yeetus deletus or something?
If I were personally in charge of it, I would have Low-Godly renamed to mean something that fits better with complete physical destruction of a persons body, then have Mid-Godly renamed to Low-Godly and High-Godly stay the same. I've already given all my thoughts on the situation though so hopefully some good changes happen.

Hard disagree just cos of the bad nomenclature (Low-Godly -> Godly -> Mid-Godly -> High-Godly; Tf? )

From my personal understanding of the regeneration page, the scenarios u provided are more or less covered by the current system (or I maybe dead wrong).

Low Godly -> Regeneration from complete Physical destruction
Mid Godly -> Regeneration from metaphysical aspect (soul, mind, consciousness etc) destruction.
High Godly -> Regeneration from abstract aspect (concept, info etc) destruction.

If there is no aspect other than physical body involved, then its just Low Godly.

If any combination of metaphysical aspect involved ( body, mind, soul ; body and mind ; body and soul ; mind and soul ; soul ; mind) then it's just Mid Godly.

High Godly only when abstract aspects like concept, info, plot are involved.

So what u are suggesting should already be covered under the current system, that is most of them should be Mid-Godly.

If I have misunderstood anything be it the OP or Regen page, please clarify.

Although, if u are insistent on indexing the aspects with even more clarity then the current system, then I have some ideas I could share.

Low Godly -> Regeneration from complete Physical destruction
Mid Godly -> Regeneration from metaphysical aspect (soul, mind, consciousness etc) destruction.
High Godly -> Regeneration from abstract aspect (concept, info etc) destruction.
So Mid-Godly needs to be all together to qualify then? Or can it just be body and soul obliteration on it's own and thus still count?

If any combination of metaphysical aspect involved ( body, mind, soul ; body and mind ; body and soul ; mind and soul ; soul ; mind) then it's just Mid Godly.
Actually no. For mid godly we need all three destroyed no more no less

So what u are suggesting should already be covered under the current system, that is most of them should be Mid-Godly.

I changed the Godly thing since it was overall a bad idea in my part
Although, if u are insistent on indexing the aspects with even more clarity then the current system, then I have some ideas I could share.
I changed the blog, it is now specifically for Aspect regen

No. Mid godly is Low Godly+aspects of your existence. The regen addition will be the ability to regen aspects of your existence (Soul, Mind, ect.) while having your physical body still intact.
This is low godly.
No it's not

Also, I do remember glass once talked about it and there is a note about it.

It is mostly resurrection

So Mid-Godly needs to be all together to qualify then? Or can it just be body and soul obliteration on it's own and thus still count?
I just had a glance at the regen page -

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other non-physical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.
Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of one's body, mind, and soul.

Yes, it needs to be all together to qualify, else it's just Low Godly, not Mid Godly.
I take back what I said earlier. @ImmortalDread was correct, the above scenarios only qualify for Low Godly.

I just had a glance at the regen page -

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other non-physical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.
Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of one's body, mind, and soul.

Yes, it needs to be all together to qualify, else it's just Low Godly, not Mid Godly.
I take back what I said earlier. @ImmortalDread was correct, the above scenarios only qualify for Low Godly.
But what if the character in question lacks a soul or mind in general?

Also, I do remember glass once talked about it and there is a note about it.

It is mostly resurrection
And so is mid and high godly under the same pretense. It isn't that hard we're being told to label it as regeneration with no proper index for it. What sense does that make, the proposed regen addition isn't that complex. It's the exact opposite of Low-Godly instead of regenerating your entire body from one of your aspects, you're instead using your physical body to regenerate your aspect(s)

that would be mid-godly i think because the reason we have soul+mind in the first place is "its destruction of the entire non-physical aspect" & if your entire non-physical aspect is your soul/mind or soul & mind are one in the same in-verse it'd be the same qualifier
No. If a character completely lacks a soul or mind(scape) they would be granted no regen because they're not regenerating anything. They just lack said aspects of themselves, and the most it'd grant is soul immunity, ect.

That now makes not much sense.
How so, we're solely talking about characters who have aspects of their existence destroyed and then bringing them back. If a character outright lacks those aspects it's not regeneration because they aren't regenerating anything. The best they'd be granted is immunity to manipulation of those aspects.

And so is mid and high godly under the same pretense. It isn't that hard we're being told to label it as regeneration with no proper index for it. What sense does that make, the proposed regen addition isn't that complex. It's the exact opposite of Low-Godly instead of regenerating your entire body from one of your aspects, you're instead using your physical body to regenerate your aspect(s)
Can you explain how it is under the same pretense?

Tf is this, who even comes up with such weird feats.
Oh well, I concede, it's hard to index it properly without explanations in the current system for such edge cases.

Well u want a regen addition, I will give u an even better one, just wait.

Can you explain how it is under the same pretense?
It's exactly as I said, excusing it as just being resurrection even though it fits the bill for regeneration more than Mid or High godly is a moment. Mid and High godly are definitionally resurrection on an insane scale if you want to get pedantic, yet we still properly index them under regeneration. The thread's goal is just getting a proper and formal index for the situation because we're literally being told to label it regeneration and just "explain it". Why not just have it properly described on the regen page like normal and then just have it labeled per page.

Tf is this, who even comes up with such weird feats.
Oh well, I concede, it's hard to index it properly without explanations in the current system for such edge cases.

Well u want a regen addition, I will give u an even better one, just wait.
I already brought up a prime example with Yhwach. He had the concept of his being erased and brought it back

Godly/Aspectual(Whatever u wanna call it) Regeneration

The ability to regenerate from the complete destruction of one or more Aspects and regenerating said aspects with/without aid of other aspects if any that aren't completely destroyed.

Aspects of Existence (Types)

Aspects fundamental to character's existence and regeneration:
  1. Narrative Existence: Place in the narrative or plot.
  2. Conceptual Existence: Type 1 or 2, but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them.
  3. Information Existence: Their underlying information which refers strictly to the type that shape reality (Type 2).
  4. History: Their entire history or temporal existence. [Note: Resistance to Causality Manipulation or Acausality(Type 1,2,4 possibly 3; I'm not sure about how it will work) may have some effects that we might have to discuss]
  5. Spiritual Existence: The character's soul.
  6. Mind/Mental Existence: Their mind/memories or disembodied consciousness.
  7. Physical Existence: The characters physical existence, like the body.
  8. Other: The character can have other aspects of existence in its verse and it should be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Note: The default hierarchy for the types in the wiki will be -
1>=<2>=<3>4>=5>=<6>7.

U guys can decide what would be best hierarchy for the wiki. I just gave my personal thoughts on it.

Also, some verses can have different hierarchies for the aspects and we must index it accordingly in a case by case basis.

There is no low mid or high, just types that the characters have feats of regenerating. One can have one without having the others or can have all of them or any combination thereof.

This is just a quick draft I made. I will explain some of the stuff later. There can be some errors and everyone's input is valuable to improve it further.

So, @Aetheric Pariah what do u say, is this versatile enough.

I disagree with the hierarchy. It can't be measured to every fictional work.

Also I do find the types to be unnecessary explained since most of them are already explained in their respective categories.

Unless your intention is to replace it with the levels then I disagree as well

Godly/Aspectual(Whatever u wanna call it) Regeneration

The ability to regenerate from the complete destruction of one or more Aspects and regenerating said aspects with/without aid of other aspects if any that aren't completely destroyed.

Aspects of Existence (Types)

Aspects fundamental to character's existence and regeneration:
  1. Narrative Existence: Place in the narrative or plot.
  2. Conceptual Existence: Type 1 or 2, but only very rarely 3, if there is strong evidence of being similar to the former types in terms of how hard it is to regenerate from them.
  3. Information Existence: Their underlying information which refers strictly to the type that shape reality (Type 2).
  4. History: Their entire history or temporal existence. [Note: Resistance to Causality Manipulation or Acausality(Type 1,2,4 possibly 3; I'm not sure about how it will work) may have some effects that we might have to discuss]
  5. Spiritual Existence: The character's soul.
  6. Mind/Mental Existence: Their mind/memories or disembodied consciousness.
  7. Physical Existence: The characters physical existence, like the body.
  8. Other: The character can have other aspects of existence in its verse and it should be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Note: The default hierarchy for the types in the wiki will be -
1>=<2>=<3>4>=5>=<6>7.

U guys can decide what would be best hierarchy for the wiki. I just gave my personal thoughts on it.

Also, some verses can have different hierarchies for the aspects and we must index it accordingly in a case by case basis.

There is no low mid or high, just types that the characters have feats of regenerating. One can have one without having the others or can have all of them or any combination thereof.

This is just a quick draft I made. I will explain some of the stuff later. There can be some errors and everyone's input is valuable to improve it further.

So, @Aetheric Pariah what do u say, is this versatile enough.
Just make it so this level is for people who regen their aspects and not body, Soul, Mind and Concept or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back