• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regeneration Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShionAH

He/Him

While in the Spongebob CRT I realized something was missing so here I am with the proposal of Aspectual Regeneration​

Low-Godly is for the destruction of the body right? Then without any other tier it just jumps right into Mid-Godly which is for the destruction of the body, soul and mind well so what should we do for characters that regenerate their Soul and Mind? So this is for regenning aspects

The Blog

Last edited:
Following to watch the fireworks
I am not usually fond of Fireworks, they are deafening xD.
some mystical intuition tells me this will either be a very short thread or a longwinded ass buffet. good luck shion
Not the first time for me too (TF2 PTSD). But also admittedly is an odd loophole that needs some explanation then a straight up different establishment currently.

Tbh my only problem with limiting Mid-Godly to Mind, Body, and Soul is verses where the Mind and Body are one in the same. Like, if you erase the body, their conscious would go with them, since it'd just be a biological function.

Tbh my only problem with limiting Mid-Godly to Mind, Body, and Soul is verses where the Mind and Body are one in the same. Like, if you erase the body, their conscious would go with them, since it'd just be a biological function.
Actually if they are considered to be like the same then you can just list is as Mid-Godly irrc. Obv the soul would also need to go

Do you think of it as an organ? like brain.

More examples can be added, but myself have no idea on what to add.

Though I have myself issues with treating the mind as something deeper than the soul, as mind is just a physical part, and only a sub-set of the soul.

Like, okay, some verses to treat mind and soul as separate things.

For example:
It really depends from the verse, but treating one as deeper than the other is dumb imo.

Actually if they are considered to be like the same then you can just list is as Mid-Godly irrc. Obv the soul would also need to go
Yeah, pretty much this.
Do you think of it as an organ? like brain.
I ain't touching what I believe with a ten foot pole since that kinda overlaps with some religions. But, there are bound to be some verses where consciousness is exclusively physical, like the brain.

More examples can be added, but myself have no idea on what to add.
Yeah lol
Though I have myself issues with treating the mind as something deeper than the soul, as mind is just a physical part, and only a sub-set of the soul.

Like, okay, some verses to treat mind and soul as separate things.

For example:
It really depends from the verse, but treating one as deeper than the other is dumb imo.
Do you disagree with the current standarts or with my blog?

GoW has a couple characters who exist without a soul, like Atlas and Garm.
Interesting. So in the case with the SB thread I discovered this too as familiarly:

Something else to consider is that the Sponge has lacked souls before from his soul resistance profile yet functions just fine as is so that's something anyways, or doesn't always need a brain to function that already has an alive world. Also he spoke from nothing in the string episode, this was suggested as Incorporeality intially, but it may be consistent with the case of the civilian that speaks from nothing.

Even with this addition in mind, there is still a gap of sorts. For instance, Yhwach had his name and concept erased and brought it back. This thread is only really talking about mind and soul. Idk if there is room for that as well or not.

Even with this addition in mind, there is still a gap of sorts. For instance, Yhwach had his name and concept erased and brought it back. This thread is only really talking about mind and soul. Idk if there is room for that as well or not.
Yeah maybe we can add it concept regen on Godly too what do you guys think?

It's similar to what you are referring to. This thread was created from an SB thread so I gave my two cents somewhat.

Do you disagree with the current standarts or with my blog?
I kinda disagree with both tbf.

I think Mid-Godly should be treated like High Godly, but instead of asking to specify between concept, history and plot, it should be for soul, mind or both.

It can be reworded like this...

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of the body alongside with an immaterial part of themselves, may it be the soul, mind or both.
Note: For Mid-Godly Regeneration, be sure to specify what part of themselves did the character has shown to regenerate alongside the body within their profile pages. For example: "Mid-Godly; Soul. Returned from both their body and soul erased."

everything is good but there are 2 parts that i don't understand. Why is Godly lower than Mid-Godly? Secondly, if you give Godly to body and soul regeneration there may be a mistake. I will give an example from Undertale. In Undertale, the soul is the state of being. If the soul is deleted, the body is also deleted. But this will enter High-Godly or Mid-Godly. Because it does not renew both at the same time, it only renews the Spirit. You can correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't read the article completely, so I could understand it based on the situation he gave to Godly.

If some incorporeal part of the self is left then it's still just Low-Godly. Things get grouped together. It's same as how there are no two different regeneration tiers for loosing just arms and losing arms and legs.

If it's some weird regeneration you can always list it as just "regeneration" and what they can regenerate. For this case it'd just be low godly but they can regenerate their mind as well.

I kinda disagree with both tbf.

I think Mid-Godly should be treated like High Godly, but instead of asking to specify between concept, history and plot, it should be for soul, mind or both.

It can be reworded like this...

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of the body alongside with an immaterial part of themselves, may it be the soul, mind or both.
Note: For Mid-Godly Regeneration, be sure to specify what part of themselves did the character has shown to regenerate alongside the body within their profile pages. For example: "Mid-Godly; Soul. Returned from both their body and soul erased."
That... Actually sounds good currently.

Low-Godly is regenerating the body completely right now but we have nothing for people who regenerate their mind or soul
Gets grouped into Low-Godly.
Regeneration always groups different levels together. Mid-High goes from ash to plasma, despite those being different things. Low-High goes from losing an arm to getting bisected, which is a big difference.

And verses have different ideas of what incorporeal components there are to begin with.

So yeah, just throw all of it into low-godly.

Gets grouped into Low-Godly.
Regeneration always groups different levels together. Mid-High goes from ash to plasma, despite those being different things.

And verses have different ideas of what incorporeal components there are to begin with.

So yeah, just throw all of it into low-godly.
So we should just make the Low-Godly apply to: Body, Body+Soul, Body+Mind and Mind+Soul? That works for me

So we should just make the Low-Godly apply to: Body, Body+Soul, Body+Mind and Mind+Soul? That works for me
Low-Godly applies to any regeneration that is covering at least complete physical destruction (i.e. is can't be covered by High), but not complete destruction of the spiritual aspects of mind, soul or equivalent (i.e. anything not mid-godly), yes.

Mind and Soul without body wouldn't apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back