• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the Lake Guardians

On the different Pokemon thing, I'm afraid you misinterpreted me. I meant the legendary is different in the versions. Like Dialga only gets summoned in Diamond, and Palkia in Pearl. The Trio being captured is a constant between the versions.

I'm for TMR's and Blah's idea.

Wait Sinnoh island level? That should be somewhere from country to continent.

And are we basing this off of Cythina's claim? She could have just speculated that only Sinnoh would be destroyed since the formed hole was still made by Dialga and Palkia's signature moves. It's very likely it would have destroyed more than just sinnoh, especially if it were to continue sucking everything into it after Sinnoh has been.

I thought Sinnoh was a country as well. I was wrong. Edit: Correction. Large Island considering it's surrounded by landmasses which are all part of its region.

It's not just Cynthia, but also Professor Rowan, who should know what he's talking about.

Country level Singularity

TheMightyRegulator said:
I thought Sinnoh was a country as well. I was wrong. Edit: Correction. Large Island considering it's surrounded by landmasses which are all part of its region.
It's not just Cynthia, but also Professor Rowan, who should know what he's talking about.

Country level Singularity
Oh i see, nvm im sorry. but i read it and it looks like the page said Sinnoh was somewhat comparable to Hoenn, Kanto and Johto, which 2 out of the 3 at least are continents. Also given that Sinnoh has mountains like Mt.Coronet, it should be at least a large island comparable to at least a small country possibly

That statement wasnt made by Rowan that was made by his assistant. He technically never said his own thoughts on the matter on whether or not it was JUST Sinnoh. I find it very hard to believe Cythina could just randomly think of the same conclusion they just did a few seconds before she even thought of it.

Also something doesnt seem right here. I can't link it but do you remember in the episode when Dialga and Palkia were making Cyrus's universe? Rowans assistant was on her computer calculating the energy mass or output while they were creating it and Rowan HIMSELF said that a new universe was about to be born. Now after Cyrus's universe vanished and things went out of control, the computer also said that the energy mass was passing the critical point or something like that, meaning it had even greater energy then it did when the universe was being born. Now how is it that an even greater level of energy can only take out Sinnoh? The only possibilites I could think of are that the computer they were using was getting messed up by it calculating energy that was critically rising at extreme levels, the range of the formed hole Dialga and Palkia made was all over Sinnoh (given even the sky above Mt. Coronet was being effected) thus Sinnoh would have automatically been destroyed by range alone or the hole would have sucked up more than sinnoh overtime?

I just find it hard to believe that 2 pokemon that can destroy the universe accidently by creating another one can just make only an island lvl attack accidently as well. . . .

Calm down.

It's not an attack. The singularity was formed by the destruction of the space-time continuum.

At Least Large Island is fine. Small Country, less so.

Right, I completely forgot about that statement...

Then we probably can't use it. As was stated by UncleChairman, the Lake Trio being equal to or greater than the Creation Trio is inconsistent with the main canon.

I'm fine with Regulator's suggestions, except for a couple things. There is no way in hell Sinnoh is just an average island, no matter what it's based on. If you want an island, look at the Battle Zone. As far as I know, that's the biggest island I've traveled on in any Pokemon game, with four major settlements, a mountain, a desert, and a jungle, and it's not even half the size of Sinnoh.

If Sinnoh's an island, Hoenn's an island, as it's not much bigger save for all the sea routes.

Also, can you please source the statement about the Creation Trio being "alive, yet not alive"? I've read the myths on Bulbapedia and found nothing that said that.

Their intelligence should be listed as extremely high, powerscaling from Giratina as they were the ones who helped the player pass the puzzle it was theorized to have created as a test.

That counts for something, but I wouldn't say "extremely high", except for Uxie as it's the embodiment of knowledge. I don't recall those puzzles being very difficult.

Well, would you approximate that it is truly the size of a small country, such as Japan?

I'd say that's a safe guesstimate, but I'm not really sure about anything. Only that calling it an island seemed like a massive lowball considering the Battle Zone.

We'd have to ask the calc group to get any definitive answers, and judging by how they haven't responded to the calc request thread, they've already got their hands full.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Calm down.
It's not an attack. The singularity was formed by the destruction of the space-time continuum.

At Least Large Island is fine. Small Country, less so.

Right, I completely forgot about that statement...

Then we probably can't use it. As was stated by UncleChairman, the Lake Trio being equal to or greater than the Creation Trio is inconsistent with the main canon.
Sorry if i came out as harsh somehow

But they were never equal to the trio to begin with. Giratina is far above them and only in the anime is when we see all 3 of them do anything to BOTH of them simutaneously. Only in the games is when they are only able to match one of the creation trio

however, i did suggest this: could the creaton of the red chain have somehow weakend their power to just matching one of the trio? As stated, the red chain is made from all 3 of the red jewels on each of their tails. And they were implied by the machinery in the TG lab that they were in incredible pain from the process. Would the lake trio in their prime be able to match more than one of the trio at once?

The Red Chain being formed by the crystals on their tails is speculation, as we never actually see the extraction process. And I already stated that the pain they were in could have just been from the machine itself, and furthermore, that they had time to recuperate as the player and Team Galactic ascended Mt. Coronet, which would likely make any difference of power at that point negligible.

When I said equal to the Creation Trio, I of course meant only one of them.

Giratina is actually listed as extremely high for other reasons. I was just listing why they would scale to it.

Also, the entire Distortion World was outlined as a puzzle and it's pretty notable for being one of the most confusing (and even irritating) gameplay moments in Pokemon history.

(Uxie is already Nigh-Omniscient.)

It's listed on Eterna Statue.

If not Large Island then what? Do you agree with Fictional battle's proposal of country level? Edit: Nevermind. You already addressed it.

Unclechairman said:
The Red Chain being formed by the crystals on their tails is speculation, as we never actually see the extraction process. And I already stated that the pain they were in could have just been from the machine itself, and furthermore, that they had time to recuperate as the player and Team Galactic ascended Mt. Coronet, which would likely make any difference of power at that point negligible.
Well the trio WERE needed for something and what else could it have been if they werent being used to make the chain? They were used for something. The only other thing they would have been used for is to summon forth Dialga and Palkia, like in the anime and theres no such implication that Game team galactic found another source for making the chain. If they werent used for calling forth those 2, then the only other thing possible is the red chai

Yes but that wouldnt change the fact that they were weakend period. Also, if it were true that mere macheniery could harm them and then right later one they can subdue at least one of the trio, that would imply the trio can be brought down from machinery as well, which would be ludicris. Also, how much time would they have to recuperate? Time passing in-game is kinda of a bad example to show they had plenty of time to rest when in-game the player can also reach entire cities that are far distances away from their own location in a matter of minutes, an hour at least, on foot.

I don't know what you're trying to say. What I was trying to say is although we know Team Galactic extracted the crystals from the Lake Trio, we don't know how or where on their bodies or even someplace else.

Team Galactic has extremely sophisticated machinery. They made what is essentially a nuke to drain Lake Valor. It isn't surprising that they have machinery that can restrain the Lake Trio. They'd need it, in fact, considering what they're trying to do.

If not in-game time, then perhaps we could estimate by how long it takes a man in real life to climb a mountain.

Unclechairman said:
I don't know what you're trying to say. What I was trying to say is although we know Team Galactic extracted the crystals from the Lake Trio, we don't know how or where on their bodies or even someplace else.
Team Galactic has extremely sophisticated machinery. They made what is essentially a nuke to drain Lake Valor. It isn't surprising that they have machinery that can restrain the Lake Trio. They'd need it, in fact, considering what they're trying to do.

If not in-game time, then perhaps we could estimate by how long it takes a man in real life to climb a mountain.
Good points. But i dont agree on the last one because its not specifically saying what kind of mountain or how large it is. I suppose you can go by the average mountain but thats about all

I feel i should also mention that humans in the pokemon world are factually superior to us real life regular humans so saying they could at least do twice the stuff we humans can do on a far greater level isnt farfetched (see what i did there lol?).

TheMightyRegulator said:
Whether this weakened them or not to significant degrees as being implied, however, is speculation. If this was the case I see no reason for something so important to not be noted while Cyrus was describing their abilities in relation to the other.
Could it be that Cyrus just didnt know about it until it happened? After all, no one in the verse before Team Galactic has ever remotely attempted to control Dialga and Palkia and make a new universe come out their ass given the obvious lack of capability and technology. Heck it took Cyrus years of research just to pull this whole thing off. I wouldnt be surprised if their were still things about the Sinnoh legends he had yet to find out about. Its very likely since Cyrus only needed to obtain only so much info to just make his universe and not care about anything else that isnt important to his goals, given they would just be destroyed and remade as nothing or something else in Cyrus's new world.

Can we get the size of Sinnoh from this ? http://forums.hero-academia.com/xfa...e-pokeverse-region-sizes-pokemon-games.18750/. The pictures are broken but he is scaling the regions size from regions from japan. This link here http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world shows all the regions and their real life counterparts. Sinnoh is based on this island right here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokkaido which is quite big.

Edit: I got ninja'd by TheMightyRegulator lol.

I've got nothing anymore about the theory that the Red Chain extraction process weakened the Lake Trio. I was going to ask what makes humans in Pokemon superhuman, but then I saw this.

So now we have no way of knowing how long it took Team Galactic and the MC to climb Mt. Coronet, and thus no way of knowing how long the trio had to recuperate.

There's nothing proving or disproving this theory, though, so I'm still going to say we should avoid it and focus on what we know from the games.

I saw the Sinnoh/Hokkaido comparison, but I must ask; if Sinnoh is just Large Island-sized, and Hoenn isn't much bigger when it's up there with Unova as one of the biggest regions, then how are Groudon and Kyogre Continent/Moon level? I know there's the 'Dex entry that states Groudon and Kyogre created continents by clashing, but then how did Groudon's artificial sun in Omega Ruby get Moon level?

Clicking on the link provided in the blog to Wombat's region size calculations gives a 404. Are you sure they used the same blog as the one linked above in this thread?

Ap: At Least Large Island level Destroyed/ Equal to Azelf who destroyed a singularity that [
Screenshot_2016-03-26-02-32-35.jpeg
threatened to engulf Sinnoh]). Possibly High 3-A (Likely one third of their power when separated if the increase in strength is linear)

Durability: At Least Large Island level (Dived/Is equal to Azelf who dived head first into a singularity with this destructive capacity). Possibly High 3-A (Considering they can tank universal recreation at full power)

Speed: Massively Hypersonic (279.6)

Range: Multi-Universal (Created and endowed the world with spirit. Can transport Dialga and Palkia across Universes)

Intelligence: Extremely high (Comparable to Giratina, even aiding the player in solving its test)

Durability (Together): Universe level+ ( The Lake Trio were completely unaffected by Dialga's Universal reset in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!)

(Destroyed/ Equal to Azelf who destroyed a singularity that threatened to annihilate Sinnoh). Possibly High 3-A (Likely one third of their power when separated if the increase in strength is linear)

Durability: At Least Large Island level (Dived/Is equal to Azelf who dived head first into a singularity with this destructive capacity). Possibly High 3-A (Considering they can tank universal recreation at full power)

Range: Multi-Universal (Created and endowed the world with spirit. Can transport Dialga and Palkia across Universes)

Intelligence: Extremely high (Comparable to Giratina, even aiding the player in solving its test)

Durability (Together): Universe level+ (Was completely unaffected by Dialga's Universal reset in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!)

We should also link the singularity feat and Universal reset feat in case people ask about the reasons for the statistics.

Ap: At Least Large Island level Destroyed/ Equal to Azelf who destroyed a singularity that [
Screenshot_2016-03-26-02-32-35.jpeg
threatened to engulf Sinnoh]). Possibly High 3-A (Likely one third of their power when separated if the increase in strength is linear)

Durability (Together): Universe level+ ( The Lake Trio were completely unaffected by Dialga's Universal reset in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!)

(Destroyed/ Equal to Azelf who destroyed a singularity that threatened to annihilate Sinnoh). Possibly High 3-A (Likely one third of their power when separated if the increase in strength is linear)

Durability (Together): Universe level+ (Was completely unaffected by Dialga's Universal reset in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!) </div>

After much trial and error I've changed the statistics to what was agreed on, changed the logia for their low 2-C rating since many people were complaining about it, and made a minor edit to stamina.

Werent their speed infinite since they reacted to Dialga's Roar of Time?

And ive been meaning to ask, since these 3 are the concepts of knowledge, willpower and emotion, should they be given immeasurable speed in some way?

Unless you're suggesting omnipresence simply embodying concepts isn't scalable to speed.

They reacted to Dialga's roar of time together. Their speed while separate has always been unknown.

Back