• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the DB 4 Galaxies Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just putting this out there. It is many galaxies, can be translated both ways since galaxy can also be translated to galaxies, and we see buu destroy a galaxy, Broly destroy one, mention of galaxies being destroyed in the past by the shadow dragons, yet there are 4 or more shown, with many stars in teh background that are liekly more galaxies still in GT when refering to Omega's passive rot thing, clearly it is not just 4. I still find it silly that it didn't immediatly apply as a normal Universe like in Super since technically GT is a continuation to the origional, just an alternate version, and cosmology would be the same, Super just clarified what it already was, it never changed.

Anyhow as for feats there is the destroying galaxies ones which are 4-A for Broly, Buu, or maybe 3-C for the shadow dragon statements, but bigger is Janemba warping all Hell and other world, and Goku physically shaking the entire afterlife from Hell all the way up to grand kais realm with SSJ3, which is above heaven. That would be a 3-B feat in terms of power to shake a Universe like Other world physically to the point grand kai and his throne were falling over on teh other side of it from Hell.

I agree with SSJRyu

GT Goku deserves an upgrade based on the movies and the fact that both Buu and Broly already destroyed galaxies and Mr.Popo still claims there are only 3/4 left.

GT verse confirmed 3-B imo.

@Antvasima

In the GT files, the shadow dragons are said to be capable of destroying a galaxy, likely with their combined powers. Then we have another Toei produced profile for Syn Shenron that outright says he can bust a galaxy.

Also we have various over-time universal destruction claims regarding the Shadow Dragons.

Yep. Ezeriot said that the universe in Super only had 4 galaxies because of some big bang stuff, and the topic of the thread changed for a bit.

I also want to note that trying to pass SSJ3 Goku shaking the Afterlife off as a Universe-level feat is against the rules, even if it makes no sense to us.

That is 100% censorship.

But fine, i dont wanna be banned again just because i discussed something you dont want us to discuss.

Kyle Ramos said:
I agree with SSJRyu

GT Goku deserves an upgrade based on the movies and the fact that both Buu and Broly already destroyed galaxies and Mr.Popo still claims there are only 3/4 left.

GT verse confirmed 3-B imo.

I think just galactic is more appropriate. We have two galaxy destroying claims, and universal over-time doesn't neccessarily mean multi-galactic strength. I think the implication is more of an immediate threat to the galaxy, and an over-time threat to the universe

Not censorship. Pretty sure there were several discussions about it, and it was disregarded based on logic.

I personally do not mind a 3-C Syn Shenron, but it depends on what Matthew thinks.

Any proof of that being disregarded based on logic? Are we not allowed to discuss it?

I think the Jannemba movie is enough to have toei goku be 3-A, but like i said before, i dont wanna be banned just because i dared to touch a subject the admins feel it shouldnt be discussed or debated anymore.

I talked about the DBGT website saying that Black Smoke Shenron was a universe-buster, but forgot to link the source.

Here it is: http://web.archive.org/web/20051222073531/http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragonball/48.html

Translate it to English:

"The evil dragon seems to have been born because Gokuu used too much Dragon Ball, if you leave it as it is said to destroy the entire universe, not just the Earth.

What is the power of the evil dragon that destroys the universe? And can Goku beat the unknown power? A fierce battle begins now with the destiny of the whole universe."

3-C is fine by me.

@Kyle

Please drop the hostile tone.

We only add discussion rules for topics that have been handled over and over, and we have grown very tired of.

I do not remember the exact reasons for this one though.

Kepekley23 said:
Anyway, there is stuff suggesting a 4-galaxy sized universe for Dragon Ball GT, as i linked above. The problem is how you interpret the term "galaxies" within the Dragon Ball universe. The Daizenshuu says that the Kaiou use the word "galaxies" to refer to "sections" of the universe, namely the North, South, East and West, which is precisely the center of the problem here.
^This.

Also tomorrow i will add some things about Syn/Omega that might help the power-scaling even more.

Sorry for the hostile tone.

But i would wish to request a revision on said rule or at least a clarification, since multiple aspects of this very thread seem to imply an upgrade in my opinion.

@Kepekley23

Well i'm not arguing it being Universal, but shaking a Unvierse would be multi-galaxy. Also since we are disscusing size of the verse being diffrent I think context is diffrent so with new info or perspective it should be OK to disscuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMQeueJnzSo

For further proof they actually specifically mention Goku doing this feat as well in Dokkan saying he has the power to shake the Unvierse. (non canon, but considering this is non canon Goku, and this is official, and referencing that specific feat, worth mentioning.)

https://imgur.com/a/XnJss

3-A Toei Goku is too much. There's no feat suggesting a 3-A rating in the Toeiverse, and Goku shaking the Afterlife has already been discussed and debunked. It would also be an outlier.

3-C is fine to me based on Elder Kaioshin stating that Omega would destroy the universe "soon" and "before long" and some of the stuff posted above.

@KamiYasha

Okay. Thank you for the help.

@Kyle Ramos

We will see where this discussion leads us.

In the film of the Battle of the Gods mention is made of the 12 universes, and this already no belongs to the canon of dragon ball, because the whole story was remade in dragon ball super, also that in the movie mention of Vegeta's brother, which is not canon.

Little brother
Universe 7.1
Multiverse dragon ball

@Kepekley23 Good find on the shenron thing, I had forgotten about that. GOnna archive that little one myself XD But yeah certainly an immediate threat to teh Unvierse. Would line up with 3-C or even 3-B as seen in FR from Goku.

The universe in the Dragon Ball Z anime filler is implied several times to be bigger than 4 galaxies. Kid Buu is stated to have destroyed galaxies, plural, and Kaioshin didn't treat those galaxies as anything special. He didn't give them a denomination like the Kaiou do with their four "galaxies", for one.

@Kami

Thank you for your time.

Also, here is a better translation for the GT website statement. Found this while browsing a DBZ forum:

""What a surprise? Now shenron is the enemy?

At last, Goku and his friends defeated Dr. Myuu's ambitions. In order to resurrect Krillin and restore the ruined Earth, Goku and his friends gathered the dragon balls, but they had cracks in them. Nervous, Goku called shenron. But an evil dragon appeared instead, ready to do evil deeds. The evil dragon stole the seven dragon balls and spread them all over the world! The evil dragon seems to have been born because Goku and his friends have used the dragon balls too much. If they leave him alone, he would destroy not only the Earth but also the whole universe. What is the evil dragon power that can destroy the universe? And can Goku beat this mysterious power? Now a fierce battle over the destiny of the whole universe has begun."

So not a Google Translation quirk.

FR Goku shaking the underworld should be 3-B.

And since Cooler is in DB GT, this should scale to the cast there as well.

I had never noticed Kid Buu's blast radius before.

Damn, tier 3 Z and GT top-tiers is becoming more and more solid.

I think 3-A is pushing iit, even 3-B is hinging on un-solid evidence of multi-galactic destruction. Plus we have the Shadow Dragons being outright said to be able to destroy just a galaxy. The threat is again, implied to be universal over-time and not immediate.

Kyle Ramos said:
If that is true in the japanese dub of the movie, then that would be a pretty clear cut 3-A.
lmao did you think you are the first one who come with this?, if that wasn't accepted before, it will not be accepted now, 4-A forever.

Should the Anime and the Movies be considered part of the same contiunity?

There are large inconsisticies in major story events and the power scaling doesn't seem connected.

Unite My Rice said:
Not at all, read my link. :^)
-Says that the universe will be destroyed

-Later says he will hold the universe in his hands

What.

GT has Cooler and other movie villians appear.

In the worst case scenario, this would only end up in Movie Goku getting its own page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back