• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuff like Scourge willingly de transform should be just chalked up to PIS.

Continued from a thread elsewhere.

Note: I am completely neutral on this, I just thought it might be a good idea to make a thread where Wokistan can discuss his stance on this, so the comment above is from Wokistan's or any one skeptical about Sonic's fate hax point of view

You know, even if we disregarded that (because sure, let's play with that), this doesn't disregard literally every other example in Executor's blog on it.

You can single out the Scourge thing, sure, but then you'd have to disregard every single thing in the blog that covers it. If we don't want to assume that Fate Hax was Scourge's undoing, then we could leave it at that. But when it's recognized several times in-universe from Mogul, then carried off to the point where Eggman went insane and tried to rewrite reality just to get rid of it, it's hard to say it doesn't exist at all.

That's my two cents.

My doubts are less that it exists and more the potency people ascribe to it, but I wasn't aware that I was going to be immediately arguing against it so yeah. Probably wont have anything till later.

Super Scourge losing was definitely fate hax.

Scourge has spent his entire life living with the Anarchy Beryls, and is implied to have used the super form before. So he knows about the negative side effects of reverting, yet he did it anyways.

So when it's explained in-universe by Eggman and Mogul that there was a force acting to ensure Sonic's victory, it certainly applies here.

@Wok Oh, my bad, I thought you were trying to remove it.

Nah, yeah, I cam agree it's a bit overrated. Mainly because it's passive, and I feel like that's the biggest problem in showings. Cuz then it's like "Well was that Fate hax, or was that plot?"

You guys mind if I close this for now because I honestly expected to end up making this myself when I was ready for a longer thing, or at least have it come up out of a thread I was already in lol.

@Shake Okay I know I said I'm neutral, but to answer your question Shake I have to advocate here that it should be fate hax. Eggman bringing it up, is the writers ways of telling us why dumb moments like this happen. It's a clear back up plan just in case they written themselves in a corner. The only time it should not apply is when PIS happens to other characters that have no dealings with Sonic at the moment. Is it bad writing? Probably, but hey Hunter x hunter has bad writing aspects to it, and it's considered to be Japanese Shakespeare.

I will also confess, I was probably the worst wanker about this, saying it will give Sonic an inconclusive with Chronomon, so yeah my bad guys =/

@Wokistan It wasn't just directed to you. I know there are other people that have their eyebrows raising about how potent Sonic's fate hate hax can get. But since none of these people are showing up, I guess you can temporarily close it for now. So go ahead.

In your defense, Chronomon doesn't have the level of acausality to negate it, but yeah the dude kills Mid-Godlys and abstract beings with normal attacks.

Thanks. Makes me feel less pathetic and soothe the verbal abuse I have gotten from everyone in that thread for my stupidity lol.

If you guys are ok with it then I'll close this. I'll make sure to notify all you guys when I reopen/remake it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back