• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Rounds in Versus Threads

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
Most of the time, users just vote generally, others vote by rounds, others vote for a single round and there's no clear cut way of counting votes. We really need a final decision regarding the existence of rounds in versus battles.

Please explain further what you mean.

Okay take the following scnenario:

Battle is Luffy against Naruto.

Round 1: 7-C versions for both

Round 2: 7-A versions for both. Bloodlusted.

Now here are some votes:

Voter 1: I vote Luffy in R1, but Naruto in R2 for ....reasons.

Voter 2: Luffy would win because of ....

Voter 3: Naruto both rounds for .... reasons.

Voter 4: Luffy for reasons above.

How does one count these votes if we want to resolve the thread?

Well, much like matchups with more than two participants, I think that using rounds seems too complicated to explain briefly in the profile pages, and as such best to avoid.

Agreed. Would it be a good idea to add a note to the versus rules about discouraging this?

I suppose so. Do you have a suggestion for the wording?

How about:

It is not encouraged to create versus threads featuring more than one round, as they tend to become too complicated to add the results to the respective character's profiles.

Back