• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Voting on your own versus threads clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be mentioned in the Versus Thread rules that the OP of a versus match can vote for a character on their own threads, according to The Impress here. I (and evidently many others in the thread) was unaware of this for years, maybe some newer guys could read about it there

Pretty sure what Imprrss said was wrong an the OP explicitly can't vote on their own thread as it's against the rules.

I've seen it been repeatedly stated by other Staff; from Moderators to Admins, since I first joined the Wiki that the Thread Creator can't vote on their thread.

Scans, if you please? I reread the Versus Thread Rules and I don't see anything about it. Maybe it's on a different page

Pretty sure what Imprrss said was wrong an the OP explicitly can't vote on their own thread as it's against the rules.
No, voting on your own thread is actually allowed by current rules. At least, unless something changed recently. It's actually a common myth even amongst staff that it isn't allowed.

And, I mean, why wouldn't one be allowed to vote on one's own thread?
You're not supposed to make stomp and spite threads, which is why it is a gesture of sincerity to not vote on your own threads, but generally the thread creator may have an opinion. Especially if it is one formed after debate in the thread.
It's like politicians also get one vote in elections.

Last edited:
Well, Ant suggested I put it here. Plus that statement was 2 years ago, I think more input is required

Woah, ninja'd

Do we mention that it is allowed in our current versus thread rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back