• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding regeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
If there’s a character who’s capable of coming back to life so long as their soul or mind or concept existed, but the character has never shown to regenerate their entire body’s destruction and all that’s left is the thing that keeps them alive in the first place, do we still treat that as any form of godly regeneration or is it just resurrection at best since they’re missing that aspect of their being getting destroyed for them to regenerate in the first place?

And what about any characters who only have showings of bringing back their soul or their mind from destruction but not their body as well? Would that still count as godly regen or no?

@It_is_i_wyatt several characters in the wiki but the one I’m referring to is Kratos, where he has a statement that his soul died but was able to bring it back with the power of hope, but his body was still intact when this happened.

@It_is_i_wyatt several characters in the wiki but the one I’m referring to is Kratos, where he has a statement that his soul died but was able to bring it back with the power of hope, but his body was still intact when this happened.
This seems like Ressurection in all honestly

Or more specifically Soul Regeneration type Ressurection

Low Godly is regen of body from Soul/Mind
So if its the case where the soul alone has been specifically destroyed and came back with no influence over the body or mind or anything

Then that would be a soul specific ressurection or a soul type regen
But definitely not Low-Godly

If there’s a character who’s capable of coming back to life so long as their soul or mind or concept existed, but the character has never shown to regenerate their entire body’s destruction and all that’s left is the thing that keeps them alive in the first place, do we still treat that as any form of godly regeneration or is it just resurrection at best since they’re missing that aspect of their being getting destroyed for them to regenerate in the first place?
I am not understanding this part correctly, can you rephrase
And what about any characters who only have showings of bringing back their soul or their mind from destruction but not their body as well? Would that still count as godly regen or no?
Yes it will still be godly regen, although it will be limited. and added note explaining why

Wait, really? I thought Godly regen even in limited cases only applied if you came back from destruction of your body, mind and soul all around.
Yes, but if a character is shown to be able to regenerate their soul and not their body, it will be limited. As they do not fulfil any other requirement, but only part of the godly regen. which is why it will be something like "Limited Low-Godly Regeneration (Could regenerate from the complete destruction of his soul but could not regenerate his body)"

Yes, but if a character is shown to be able to regenerate their soul and not their body, it will be limited. As they do not fulfil any other requirement, but only part of the godly regen. which is why it will be something like "Limited Low-Godly Regeneration (Could regenerate from the complete destruction of his sould but could not regenerate his body)"
Hmmmmmmmmm...

@Pain_to12 if the character can only come back to life so long as their soul exists, but they’re never shown to regenerate their entire body from just their soul alone, is that considered low godly regen or just resurrection at best?

@Pain_to12 if the character can only come back to life so long as their soul exists, but they’re never shown to regenerate their entire body from just their soul alone, is that considered low godly regen or just resurrection at best?
It will be resurrection.
Since if I am reading this correctly, "they always come back to life", meaning they are dead already. with low-godly, losing all your physical body should not mean death.

Feels like resurrection to me. Even a character with up to high regen can still die yet still have their soul/concept exist but not be able to regenerate from that state, hence requiring them to be resurrected to be brought back.

Imo, one of the issues brought with Regen is instantly assuming that Resurrection or Low-Godly is an improved version of High Regeneration rather than a different power, and just because a character came from death or completely recreated his body for his spirit to inhabit, then it should instantly grow limbs and vitals as well as survive as a single cell.

I think it’s the matter of going by statements for the context, so it really depends. Should they still be considered alive but as a ghost, then it’s low-godly regen. Otherwise, if they are considered dead and they just make themselves a new body that isn’t able to regenerate unless fully killed (especially from complete body destruction), that is resurrection instead.

I think a good example of a character you’re referring to is Mahito from Jujutsu Kaisen.

He is described as being capable of regenerating just from his soul alone but has never outright regenerated his entire being before.

In this instance it was said for him to keep Low-Godly regeneration because while he hasn’t outright shown regeneration from say total disintegration, his words are backed up by enough showings in the series where his words are taken as truthful and should not be doubted upon. Though I imagine this is often a case by case basis.

The better question is actually

What is difference between Immortality type 3 and HGR/MGR or even low-mid?

As far as I can say, I don't see any significant difference. Inherently redundant ability that doesn't really describe anything much.

The better question is actually

What is difference between Immortality type 3 and HGR/MGR or even low-mid?

As far as I can say, I don't see any significant difference. Inherently redundant ability that doesn't really describe anything much.
Something something Regeneration doesn't always guarantee Eternal Life or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back