• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding regeneration

Status
Not open for further replies.
If regeneration is involved, this is simply limited low godly regeneration
I mean, regeneration of soul is definitely involved, as it was completely destroyed in this case but then the power brings back the soul in one full piece. But the physical body itself remains more or less untouched.

Would it still be Limited Low-Godly despite the fact that only the soul was destroyed and regenerated but the body remained intact?

Limited comes from the fact that the body remained intact, so ya this should be fine.

Also regeneration are generally some form of resurrection

Not exactly because resurrection implies you died and came back to life, where type 3 is just you keep regenerating from any wounds to stay alive
Should have rephrased better, regeneration at this godly level is indirectly “self-resurrection”. Resurrection and Regeneration are both subjected to the same standards on VSBW, so it doesn't change much at that point. Even a person that gets cut into pieces is technically “dead”. That is purely perspective based.

So in conclusion, regeneration in this level could be like “resurrection” but “resurrection” is nowhere the aforementioned as regeneration.

I guess that should be enough. We should probably add a note for the regeneration page regarding these specific types of feats
Does somebody among our staff or experienced and knowledgeable members have a draft suggestion for such a note text.

Note: Any and all statements/feats where the characters can either live so long as a part of their existence remains such as the soul or mind, or where they regenerated a non physical aspect of their body but the body itself remains intact will not count towards Godly levels of regen, as they will not only count as resurrection but they lack one of the requirements for this level of regeneration, which is that their entire body has to be gone and reformed alongside any non physical aspects that was destroyed.

Does this look good?

I assume, this is better version
In order to properly assess the extent of regeneration demonstrated by a given character, it is necessary to distinguish between those instances in which the character's physical form is preserved, either through the preservation of a non-physical aspect of their being such as the soul or consciousness, or through the regeneration of non-physical components of their body, and those in which the character's physical form is completely destroyed and subsequently reformed. The latter scenario, in which the character's entire physical form is disintegrated and subsequently reconstituted, is a necessary criterion for the characterization of regeneration as being at the level of divinity. Accordingly, any instances of regeneration that do not meet this criterion will not be considered in our case of the godly level of regenerative capability.

How about something like this?

"Statements or feats of regeneration in which characters are able to survive as long as a part of their existence, such as their souls or minds, remain intact, or that involve the regeneration of a non-physical aspect of the body while the body itself remains intact, do not warrant godly levels of regeneration due to involving resurrection rather than the complete destruction and reforming of both the physical and non-physical aspects of a body, which is a fundamental requirement to qualify."

Last edited:
I assume talking as 3rd form is better and shows professional and formal language in my opinion.

Edit: "We" is not much defined, so I assume replacing it with other sentence or "VSBW" is better

"Statements or feats of regeneration in which characters are able to survive as long as a part of their existence, such as their souls or minds, remain intact, or that involve the regeneration of a non-physical aspect of the body while the body itself remains intact, do not warrant godly levels of regeneration due to involving resurrection rather than the complete destruction and reforming of both the physical and non-physical aspects of a body, which is a fundamental requirement to qualify."
@KLOL506 @Pain_to12 @Psychomaster35 @Antoniofer @Sir_Ovens @DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa

What do you think about this?

this looks fine but you can probably add a wording to make the differentiation between regen and immo.
for the immortality part, they need to die or be considered dead in their work/verse, while regen they are still considered to be alive
"Statements or feats of regeneration in which characters are able to revive as long as a part of their existence, such as their souls or minds, remain intact, or that involve the regeneration of a non-physical aspect of the body while the body itself remains intact after death, do not warrant godly levels of regeneration due to involving resurrection rather than the complete destruction and reforming of both the physical and non-physical aspects of a body while remaining alive, which is a fundamental requirement to qualify for godly regenerations."

Dead is, in fact, subjectively subjective. I already addressed it. Mind explaining what do you mean by “dead” since someone a person that gets cut into pieces is technically “dead”. That is purely perspective based.

Dead is, in fact, subjectively subjective. I already addressed it. Mind explaining what do you mean by “dead” since someone a person that gets cut into pieces is technically “dead”. That is purely perspective based.
they need to die or be considered dead in their work/verse
if the work considers them dead, then they are dead.
I already clarified that

She (pain_12) did not explain what is “dead” meant in the context. So it is preferably needed to be added to clear confusion.

She (pain_12) did not explain what is “dead” meant in the context. So it is preferably needed to be added to clear confusion.
Dead in the context of the work, as I already explained.
If you have your head loped off and you can still talk inside your own verse, then you are not dead. but in your verse your head got loped off and you were refer to as dead, then you are dead, already said this
be considered dead in their work/verse
So that way you can differentiate between regen and immo
Regen requires you to be alive, while immo requires you to be dead

I think Regen needs to be reworked, to remove the weird tiering stuff and just list what the character has been showed to/should be able to heal from

I think Regen needs to be reworked, to remove the weird tiering stuff and just list what the character has been showed to/should be able to heal from
I don't see the point. Our regen levels work perfectly fine to demonstrate fine lines between the levels of regeneration. Also this is derailing and not at all relevant to the topic at hand.

If there’s a character who’s capable of coming back to life so long as their soul or mind or concept existed, but the character has never shown to regenerate their entire body’s destruction and all that’s left is the thing that keeps them alive in the first place, do we still treat that as any form of godly regeneration or is it just resurrection at best since they’re missing that aspect of their being getting destroyed for them to regenerate in the first place?

And what about any characters who only have showings of bringing back their soul or their mind from destruction but not their body as well? Would that still count as godly regen or no?
about what you quote, it seems to be Zamasu returning only with his will

If a character doesn't have a soul is he able to die a natural death?

Thank you, but can you help with answering my question as well please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back