• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Killer Instinct Speed

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So, looking at the Killer Instict profiles, there are no speed calcs for it. Like there are apparently feats for Chief Thunder's Lightning and Fulgore's laser, however we never actually get any calc for these feats nor context behind them. So can anyone give us these calcs?

"Massively Hypersonic+ speeds from Chief Thunder's lightning, Fulgore beams and Gargos, who flew from the atmosphere to Earth in seconds"

^This is what the page says and the Gargos feat scales to no one.

It was a long time ago, and I think it had something to do with characters physically able to outpace the lightning bolt. But I agree that it's still vague and would like to see an on screen proof.

So based on the info you have now, what would you rate the specific timelines?

Original KI is tricky because it's almost featless, aside from Jason's blog I have some tier 9-B/A (maybe more, I don't know anything about math) from explosive barrels, a wall being destroyed and people being tossed high in the air and crashing down.
I'm also dubious regarding scaling Tusk's No Mercy to general AP, since it's a finisher and he summoned the meteor, as well as using Glacius's ice powers to scale the others.
I still have to take a deeper look at the reboot, though.
Cinder's speed should be ok, as well as Glacius' from the novel.

The reboot is still weird, because it considers the plot of the first KI, but not everything, if I remember well.
KI2 is also weird, because due to time shenanigans some characters aren't the same of the first (Glacius and Spinal), even though they should still be comparable.
Finally, the novellas are also stupid, because they differ from the in-game cutscenes, however I think that's valid only for season 2's character onwards (the first season didn't have cutscenes)

Characters can react to and move in tandem with Fulgore's satellite laser

Sub-rela+
For other speed feats
"Day 1,983: When I look back on my early diary entries I am struck by the extreme contrast between my first crude utterance compared to the complex thoughts I am now processing. I am a million times faster than any primitive so-called supercomputer in the world right now. I asked Ryat-Father how he had accomplished this feat, and he replied that he must keep some little secrets even from me."
ARIA thinks faster than any supercomputer on the planet
MHS+ on a very massive lowball
"ARIA sat down on her throne and tapped into her cloud-mind, running through every scenario that she had ever conceived—and its millions of potential pathways—in a nano-second. Her eyes flashed briefly and then she said: “I will go to the City of Dawn…alone. And I will ask Jago, Orchid, Maya and TJ—and their allies Thunder and Aganos—to join Ultratech in combating whatever malevolent beings will inevitably come through these portals.”"
Nanosecond timing for ARIA, which is about 3c. There are ways to get this feat to MFTL+ funny enough, but they require stretching. Just sticking to 3c is definitely safer

My eyes may not be working but I think there's in tandem movement with the lightning in this stage. Comes from cloud-to-ground to, so should be legit
That's all I can find

Thanks a bunch for these calcs. Now the Killer Instinct supporters can sort out what's usable as this could result in speed upgrades if these are all accepted.

it's likely that the meteor has been summoned, a lot of finishers in the game are about summoning things, including a dinosaur. Saying that they forcibly pulled them from afar is a huge stretch, especially since we don't see really much.
I also think it's a bit of a stretch saying that they move and react in tandem with the laser and the lightnings.
They move with the laser move because it's a game and the characters have to be animated in some way.
The lightning too are iffy, the ultra combos also are meant the slow down and give a rallenty/block/effect, and they just happen alongside the lightnings in the background.
I mean, the same happens in all the other stages, with them moving in tandem with falling bricks, waves and a lot of other things in the same manner, they're just animations from the background, and using them as a basis to put them at hypersonic or what is still a very huge stretch, to me.
It doesn't really matter though, due to Aria's nanosecond thing.
Though, in order to make that feat combat applicable, someone should provide the comics and be sure that they are canon (I think they are) and/or tell the same things of the games/novellas (or maybe we can powerscale Gargos and others to Aria or see if someone actually fought with "her" in the novellas or the games.

I can understand those complaints, but I think ARIA is...completely fine honestly
I have sauce that the comics/novels are canon, give me a moment please

For the novels I'm sure they are canon, but some of them (like that of Aganos [maybe that was a profile in the official site, not a novel]) contradict what is being told in the games, but it shouldn't be the case here.

Although, and please don't hate me, Aria being able to process informations at super speed in her cloud-mind might be unrelated to how she moves her physical robotic body.

I do agree classic Killer Instinct and the reboots seem to be of a different continuity, and that not everyone should all scale from one feat; as like MK or Street Fighter, the distinctions between Mid tiers and god tiers needs to be clarified. Some of the stuff Falcon shown also looks good; the Satelite laser calc looks solid, but should be moved to blog post. And I'm iffy on the million times faster than a supercomputer statement being used to justify speed. Like, that looks like a WTF calculation method if I'm going to be perfectly honest.

While I'm here

Jago, Tusk, Kim (Post Shadow Lords) and Eyedol should scale to Gargos

The former three canonically defeated him and this is mentioned throughout the Dynamite Run on many occasions with Eyedol defeating Gargos in open combat (Taking a portion of his powers) and even after being tired from battling his chimeran in the Astral Plane was able to match Gargos blow for blow before dying

I do agree their speeds could be downgraded tho. I recall in the Dynamite run Kim is at her very weakest (thanks to Gargos' absorbing of Earth's energy) and yet could react to gunfire which could be fun to calc

As for Aria I'm tempted to call hers an outlier at the moment, her feat is far higher then the best feat for a top tier after all and She gets bested by too many character for her to Be top tier

• Hisako destroys one body
  • as does Tusk
  • as does TJ

Also I agree with the AP downgrade. This was when I was earlier so I reject my arguments for scaling the No Mercy's and Ultra Combos outside of a lore basis

I do know Jason calced tons of feats at 9-A and a Tusk who's depowered (As in without his powers practically) was able to smash apart both a bridge and a large stone boulder (You could get those at 9-A). Pretty much everyone would scale to those since this is when these characters are all but powerless and when they had powers the average character could fight them (Until Lords where they may have Gargos scaling)

Last edited:
What are the summarised conclusions here?

There is no conclusion here.
Basically we gathered a bunch of feats and opinions on different things and we are waiting for someone to make the first move and calc or ask for the calc of those feats.
After that, feats and other stuff related ti the characters and the continuity will have to be gathered in a CRT/Discussion thread, to clear the things about the verse in general.

Okay. If you gather all of the evidence that is needed as a basis for calculations, I can ask some calc group members to help out afterwards

Well, we preferably need somebody to gather evidence, so the calc group members can help us out.

I'm planning to work on the verse sooner or later, but I have other projects to take care of at the moment.
If someone wants to do it now, they can look at everything I and other people linked in this thread and ask for it being calced.
The context behind a feat and whether it should be used or not is another story, though.

Thank you for helping out to you as well.

Back