• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Automatic Music in Profiles and Threads

Drag-O-Drawgon

FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
I run into some profiles (and threads) and I get hit with loud music just to have to find the thing at the bottom to pause it so I can unmute my computer. (notably, Shifuto, though not the loudest example) I feel like this needs to be addressed. (Also on JBW, I will probably make a thread there)

I have no problem with people linking Youtube videos for themes, just a problem with people throwing loud music right on the profile.

I do feel like some guideline has to be made (such as you should put the soundcloud control at the top)

Oh, I usually have FC/OC's tab muted so I never hear these things. but yeah, I think they're fine on battle threads but on character profiles is a step too far

Yeah. It's a policy of mine to never associate Music and pictures that don't belong to me with my characters. So I'm not going to run into this any time soon.

If a profile is going to be placing music into their code, it should be common to switch the size of the player that it can be paused whenever possible. The whole ordeal can be solved with modifying the player height to'20' or higher so it can be alot more visible for users going in.

AkuAkuAkuma said:
If a profile is going to be placing music into their code, it should be common to switch the size of the player that it can be paused whenever possible. , with the key here being 'Height 20' or higher so it can be alot more visible for users going in.
Yeah. I think putting it at the top should be required if used as well. Some people put it at the bottom. (Where you can't see it right away)

Things like this being out in VS threads is what makes me not take Vs threads seriously and can act like some jump scare. They're annoying as heck if I wanted to check a thread out of curiosity and I have my headphones on and I suddenly have music hit my eardrums.

The same thing can be said if there was music ACTUALLY in the profile rather than them being linked to places with music. In a more light hearted way of saying it, having the music on stuff there...here doesn't sit quite well for me but then again that's just my personal opinion.

If there is going to be such a rule here, at least an option for people to pause/play the music on the profile should be made should one go that route with this.

I still stand by that these automatic music should be available (Even though I don't use it personally), however whoever uses those should make it both visible to see, and on the top of the profile so that people could turn it off whenever they want. Same should go for any other profile or thread with automatic music.

Back