• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Offensively it basically boils down to him being able to attack/destroy concepts/beings that exist as concepts and metaphors. Otherwise it's stuff like his will creating new concepts as a side effect.

I'm not familiar with Rimuru, so Magnus being able to counter absorption and law manipulation would depend on its potency.

For law manipulation, even Magnus' manifestation in realspace is said to be powerful to such an extent that "the laws of physics are reduced to mere playthings". For the true form of Magnus, his being is pure warp energy, and exists in a realm that is completely unbound and unconnected from all laws of space, time, reality, etc. So the law manipulation would have to extend beyond such a reach to properly affect him, I'd imagine.

I have no idea how Rimuru's absorption works, but can he just absorb things that don't really have a form to absorb? More abstract daemons are just kind of collections of thoughts, purposes, and a will that move around in the Warp. When fighting this form of Magnus, you're not actually fighting a big red guy with one eye who shoots mind bullets. You're fighting an idea.

well rimuru absrobtion even as a high 4C was powerful to affect type 2 abstracts so imagin how powerful it will be in his tier 2 key.He resists power absobtion,bending the laws of physics is just physics manipulation.Rimuru also has concept destruction and creation.Mindhax is useless against him.He has info anaylysis to gain info about magnus name to banish him.

"well rimuru absrobtion even as a high 4C was powerful to affect type 2 abstracts so imagin how powerful it will be in his tier 2 key."

Are there examples of it, in that key? Otherwise I don't really know how much the potency increased. Also, I'd like to know how he absorbs things, not just what he can absorb. Does he need some form of contact?

"bending the laws of physics is just physics manipulation."

I think this ignores everything beyond what I said a side effect of his infinitely-lesser physical form existing is.

"Rimuru also has concept destruction and creation."

OK. I never said he didn't, since I know very little about this character. I'm explaining how Magnus' conceptual manipulation functions, since you asked.

"Mindhax is useless against him."

Why? Does he have no mind whatsoever? It's kind of important for me to understand why before I can actually judge if Magnus can do anything, or not.

"He has info anaylysis to gain info about magnus name to banish him."

This applies only to the physical manifestation of Magnus in realspace, not his unfettered Warp self.

Absrobtion

Abstract Existence (Type 2; Absorbed and analyzed an angel. Angels were born as conceptual existences that receive power from the Spirit of Light and will revive as long as the Spirit of Light exist. Their resurrection however takes hundreds of years)

Resistance to Mind hax

Mind Manipulation to a much greater extent (Ciel allows Rimuru to be able to hide the Voice of the World which is sent to his mind. Said Voice of the World is the system of the world itself which governs several parallel worlds)

"Type 2; Absorbed and analyzed an angel. Angels were born as conceptual existences that receive power from the Spirit of Light and will revive as long as the Spirit of Light exist. Their resurrection however takes hundreds of years"

This is one of the things I'm wondering about. How did he absorb such a thing? Are angels just always purely conceptual existences and he simply absorbed it through sheer will? Or did the angel have a "form" after its birth that allowed him to interact with and absorb it.

"Ciel allows Rimuru to be able to hide the Voice of the World which is sent to his mind. Said Voice of the World is the system of the world itself which governs several parallel worlds"

I genuinely have no idea what this means without context from the series. Why does hiding the "Voice of the World" make him nearly immune to mind manipulation? I don't know what it is aside from "the system of the world itself which governs several parallel worlds", which on its own doesn't tell me what I need to know.

He absrbed a angel which merged with someone so he absobrbed it when it had no form.Angels and Demons in the verse don`t have pyhsical form they only gain it when entering the human world

And then, I thoroughly ate the seraphim that had fused with Mai's body with『Soul Consumption』

So he consumed the angel after it had merged with a physical person, correct?

Going by the context of "the seraphim that had fused with Mai's body".

Clearly. Though if that's the case, I don't think absorption is going to factor into this fight. This form of Magnus is purely metaphysical and does not really have a reason to take something tangentially resembling a physical form.

Rimuru seems to have plenty of other powers that work just fine on beings like Magnus, but that doesn't seem to be one of them, unless he had some kind of medium through which to attempt the absorption.

"energy" is more of a generic way of describing the powers of the Warp than something scientific or to be taken 100% literally. It's just an easier way to describe things quite literally made of metaphors and ideas than constantly referring to them in the absolute most abstract sense.

Well, every high-level Tensei character is a spiritual life form that has no physical body, and he has type 3 Conceptual Manipulation, plus he can perma kill Mid godly, Great Spirit in Tensei is almost the same as magnus which is pure energy, Rimuru can Destroy it or Create it

GLHF22 said:
Well, every high-level Tensei character is a spiritual life form that has no physical body, and he has type 3 Conceptual Manipulation, plus he can perma kill Mid godly, Great Spirit in Tensei is almost the same as magnus which is pure energy, Rimuru can Destroy it or Create it
to quote azzy

"energy" is more of a generic way of describing the powers of the Warp than something scientific or to be taken 100% literally. It's just an easier way to describe things quite literally made of metaphors and ideas than constantly referring to them in the absolute most abstract sense.

Magnus is not excatly made of energy

Rimuru has never dealt with something truly abstract, but as long as it contains energy Rimuru can absorb it, so IDK what Rimuru can do here

Setsuna tenma said:
this fight is outadated now since rimuru does not have a 2C key
Rimuru already had a massive AP advatage when he was 2-C, so the fact that he's only 2-B doesn't change the fight at all

(Exists as a Daemon; Daemons are beings made out of ideas and thoughts) its pretty smiliar to Angel and Demon in tensei which born from Light and darkness, and i forgot he can also kill non-corporeal being, such as abstract existance

Back