• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Superheros Round 6 - Ryukyu vs Jake Long

IxaSaga2

He/Him
East_vs_West.jpg

WELCOME TO THE RECORD OF SUPERHEROES

Round 6

Ryukyu vs Jake Long

Base Ryukyu and Season 2 Dragon Jake Long is used. Speed equalized. Range between them is 15m. Victory via SBA.

Ryukyu.jpg
Jake_Long.jpg

Well let’s take a look at the categories here before we decide to vote.
Ap: Not even a two times difference, when this is the case, AP becomes a mostly irrelevant factor aside from “who hit harder”
Lifting Strength: Class 5 vs Class M, no real need to check that Ryukyu utterly stomps in this category.
Durability: Check Ap section
Stamina: Ryukyu again takes this by a long shot. Nearly all her energy had been sucked out, and she still kept fighting, she took a blast from a 7-A character which utterly destroyed her and her response was to keep fighting. Jake’s best stamina feat is fighting while sleep deprived, Ryukyu’s best is fighting while battered and broken from a character much higher than her in tier.
Arsenal: Jake has a few abilities Ryukyu doesn’t, but the only one which would make a difference would be his chi doppelgänger, however it’s not hard to say that Ryukyu can just crush both of them under her hands, which are likely the size of Jake’s body.
Skill: Harder category here, Jake Long has been training for a long (he he) time, and has shown a vast knowledge of martial arts skill, while Ryukyu has many years under her belt of fighting different villains of all different shapes and sizing, so I’m not gonna make a call here.
Conclusion: it seems in favor of Jake on the surface, due to many more abilities and a higher AP. But those different aren’t able to hold Jake up in the face of a Massive LS difference and an inhuman amount of Stamina.

What is more likely here, Ryukyu gets one pin against a smaller opponent who is the size of her hand to win. Or Jake and Ryukyu fight for hours upon end with Jake coming out on top

What's her AP? I really wouldn't say less than x2 difference means it doesn't matter. I don't know either verse at all, but he also seems to have good counters to grappling with the chi clones ("just crush both gg" seems like an extreme oversimplification), spitting fire or just un-transforming briefly.

1.9x is a pretty huge advantage, especially if the combatant with it is smaller. I don't think LS and stamina are enough to counterbalance that though I won't vote yet.

Ignoring the fact I don't see why Jake's physical stats scales to a temperature feat. As heat energy doesn't translate to impact energy without a shared/universal energy source.

Ryukyu's advantage is her Lifting Strength and pain tolerance. She has no resistance to heat. So taking flames hot enough to melt steel wouldn't end very well for her. While she can hold his mouth shut with her LS advantage, she has no way to keep him restrained.

Since he can duplicate himself, judging by the gif I assume he should have zero trouble doing it while restrained. Which will than free him with either a physical attack or fire breath. Currently she is 1.9X inferior to him, so his attacks will just do more damage while hers will do less. And the high heat will be very harmful.

He's also the superior fighter, being a trained martial artist with actual feats. While Ryukyu is a pro hero for many years, she has no feats on par with what Jake can do. At least from what I can vaguely remember from the show. His profile doesn't really explain his skill all that much. But I remember him being rather good.

I admit I could be confusing him with someone else. But yeah, Jake should win this more times than not. While she can fight on pretty long, she lacks anyway abilities to finish the fight. As Jake can just free himself from her holds with duplication or slipping out by changing his size. From what I read above he can do that.

Ignoring the fact I don't see why Jake's physical stats scales to a temperature feat. As heat energy doesn't translate to impact energy without a shared/universal energy source.

Ryukyu's advantage is her Lifting Strength and pain tolerance. She has no resistance to heat. So taking flames hot enough to melt steel wouldn't end very well for her. While she can hold his mouth shut with her LS advantage, she has no way to keep him restrained.

Since he can duplicate himself, judging by the gif I assume he should have zero trouble doing it while restrained. Which will than free him with either a physical attack or fire breath. Currently she is 1.9X inferior to him, so his attacks will just do more damage while hers will do less. And the high heat will be very harmful.

He's also the superior fighter, being a trained martial artist with actual feats. While Ryukyu is a pro hero for many years, she has no feats on par with what Jake can do. At least from what I can vaguely remember from the show. His profile doesn't really explain his skill all that much. But I remember him being rather good.

I admit I could be confusing him with someone else. But yeah, Jake should win this more times than not. While she can fight on pretty long, she lacks anyway abilities to finish the fight. As Jake can just free himself from her holds with duplication or slipping out by changing his size. From what I read above he can do that.
This does remind me that I need to update the Jake Long and his verse. Despite the update I've done, the characters profiles need more work but it's going to take some time since I need to finish another verse.

If the match isn't getting a lot of votes but the winner is obvious, I should be able to give the win to Jake and move on right?

Back