• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Superheros Round 1 - Shang-Chi vs Ratman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
348f2e0ea6fdc80ffb2934ebd7fe90ed.jpg

WELCOME TO THE RECORD OF SUPERHEROES

Round 1

Shang-Chi vs Ratman

Modern Shang-Chi and Base Ratman. Speed equalized. Range between them is 15m. Victory via SBA.

12shang-chi-cover-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg
ratman_45_1.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t know enough to say anything, but Im rooting ratman specifically because he is called “Ratman”

Shang-Chi is 1.2810650624e9 J and Ratman is 2.300250742e9 J.

Boxing at an amateur level, but has good combat instincts that let him fight with a pro-hero who was also a pro-boxer from which he later learns to fight.

He will get more powerful the more rage he feels, this is pretty high as he was losing vs 2 superheroes but then he totally overwhelmed them. Once he lets the rage out he will release a fear on an instinctual level...which is kinda hard to say how good it is as when it was shown it was vs a guy that had the ADN of each animal on the planet on him so he had all their danger sense thus it increases his danger sensing making easier to induce fear in them.

He also can change his right hand into a really large clawed hand that has more striking power/cutting.

And finally, his strongest card is releasing a beam of energy from his mouth or hands.

Ps. Oven, a good tip is to tag the users who nominated the characters in the first post too.

Well I am of the belief Shang will try to pressure point, he does it to more physically imposing opponents.

There is a feat of his, unsure if it’s necessarily an outlier because the context’s vague, but Shang did manage to be the only Avenger surviving against a drawn out fight with Black Dwarf (A High 6-C/3-C guy with the same speed), implication I think being able to avoid damage long enough to stay around, which if extended to here is utterly devastating to let Ratman land any relevant hits, not to mention, Shang WAS able to develop a fighting style where one could incon someone with precog strong enough to know everything that would ever happen within the fight.

So yeah, don’t think he gets hit here, depending on the starting range at least.

Anyone else find it ironic that Shang-Chi is fighting for the west despite the obvious eastern heritage?

He's not that imposing in his normal form but once he shapeshift his right arm maybe...or if he gets enraged enough then he will be more imposing as at that moment he will start to lose control and be like an animal...a rat but in form of a man...a ratman. In that moment, he will start jumping like crazy around and use his environment to act as a way to jump around fast and attack his foe.

While the shining ray attack is pretty long and wide as it goes for tens of meters if not more.

Standard battle assumptions, so their longest range.

SBA is 4k, while their longest range is tens for meters for Ratman and meters for Shang-Chi.

I’m more excited for the 7-A rounds no it is not because I get to watch All Might and Hulk Punch it out
but if Shang-Chi does skill stomp as said above, then my votes on him

SBA starts them at their highest range, Ratman has the advantage in range and his profile says tens of meters. 15 meters does indeed fit for Tens of meters.

Why are people acting like they start anything higher than 10 meters apart? Regardless seems like Shang-Chi skill stomps? Since Shooto Katsuragi only seems to have one ranged attack and it seems to be a special move. I don't really know if he spams it or if he can spam it.

Or if it's in character for him to range spam.

Because SBA said the distance start at 4KM
No it doesn't, SBA.

"The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. For example, if one character has a range of 10 meter and the other has a range of 20 meter they start 20 meter apart. However if the range of one character is 10 meter and the range of the other is 5 kilometer, they start only 4 kilometer apart. If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread."

None of them have range in the kilometers, so I don't understand what you're talking about.

No it doesn't, SBA.

"The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers. For example, if one character has a range of 10 meter and the other has a range of 20 meter they start 20 meter apart. However if the range of one character is 10 meter and the range of the other is 5 kilometer, they start only 4 kilometer apart. If extreme advantages are generated via this distance to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread."

None of them have range in the kilometers, so I don't understand what you're talking about.
No what i mean is that by SBA they started in 4KM range despite not having a kilometers of range attack

It's not in character to spam the attack, never spammed it....he only used it three times. Usually, it was the deciding attack in a fight - excluding when he had too much range and used it to hurt others even if he was already winning.

He goes for melee where he will likely lose in skills to Shang Chi, but he has a pretty high durability/ap advantage and will only get higher as his rage increases which would make it harder for Shang Chi ... if the fight is prolonged enough then he will be animalistic so his chance to use the beam of light will increase and possibly more than once.

No what i mean is that by SBA they started in 4KM range despite not having a kilometers of range attack
I don't understand what you mean?

You aren't making any sense, where is it stated they start at 4 km range? I must be pretty stupid right now.

They only do that if one of them has a 4KM attack.
E.X Person 1 has attack range of 19 meters or over a dozen, person 2 has a range of 100 meters or a hundred meters for the range stat. Thus, they will start at 100 meters.
they go to the farthest range up to 4KM in which they stop moving the distance father away

@TheRustyOne But since you feel stupid right now, here take this gun to shoot your brain#Run
Maybe I'll take you up on that offer, today is a very weird day.

But yeah starting distance shouldn't be any more than 10 meters as per SBA, unless OP wants the distance to be different. As Shooto Katsuragi's highest range is tens of meters, without any explanation so I can only say baseline tens of meters which is 10 meters.

Ratman wincon would likely be his difference in AP and rage/power buildup over time.

Possible flying + using the beam of light too...but low chance for this one to be used in such a combo.

but he has a pretty high durability/ap advantage and will only get higher as his rage increases which would make it harder for Shang Chi ... if the fight is prolonged enough then he will be animalistic so his chance to use the beam of light will increase and possibly more than once.
Again I think it's arguable if Ratman can even hit Shang due to the Instinctive Reactions, and Shang can oneshot via pressure points very easily, which he uses against imposing opponents as an opening move :v

If the range is 15 metres I'll vote Shang, he has the skills required to withstand and finish the match on his own terms.

Unsure if it's a skillstomp by any means, Ratman has strong wincons, just that I think Shang wins 8 out of 10 times :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back