• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok Minor Tesla P/A Revisions...

Since i've been ever so politely asked to make a CRT (I get it for AP upgrades and stuff, but small Power additions??? That are just a result of a new chapter?)

But yeah basically

- I know all of Tesla's moves are essentially called 'Plasma', but theres no direct mention or implication that he's utilising actual plasma, when hes legitimately already shown to be using electricty to power his attacks (Different things). So we can probably remove that since its uncertain.

- The possibility of Instinctive Action on Tesla is supported with this statement here. Its coming from Edison, but after every Round the writer always lets you know about the logistics of the final moves and stuff.

So yeah if we could discuss

Theres no direct usage or mention of it actually using Plasma. It doesn't matter regardless

How am i supposed to know that translation is as credible as the numerous others that say it was instinctual action? They play Tesla off as this genius memory bank so naturally i'd imagine with his advanced mind, its not so farfetch'd

Yeah i know how to make profiles at this point, but its not efficient in the slightest to make new threads constantly for the minor things a new chapter will bring up as long as its not the first ever edit of the page ever.

How am i supposed to know that translation is as credible as the numerous others that say it was instinctual action?
The countless others are fan translations.

And RoR has a history of having terrible translations, just look at the various Japanese things on the pages, like Adão or Zeus.

The translation and the kanjis are there, just check it out for yourself.

Yeah i know how to make profiles at this point, but its not efficient in the slightest to make new threads constantly for the minor things a new chapter will bring up as long as its not the first ever edit of the page ever.
This is how it works if you add or remove skills. Need a crt, if it's small like adding one thing then you would only need one staff member, but still crt.

The only thing you don't need for a crt is when someone creates a profile.

They're all fan translations, the official one isn't out yet for Round 8.

My guy ive been on this wiki for years, I dont need the talking down to. It's a waste of energy to make a CRT for any minor edit that just adds a few things from a newly released chapter at the time (Which would have been on the original edit) , this isn't some full-time job for me and i would rather not have to keep continually talking in this forum.

Plasma isnt notably shown and the translation isn't anything official (i'm not looking at every single fan-translated interpretation of each chapter, we take what we can get). This is even a meaningless power addition to have to go through the pain of a CRT.

They're all fan translations, the official one isn't out yet for Round 8.
But the one you are using is wrong. Seriously, the kanji is literally there, if you don't believe it just put it somewhere or look for someone.

My guy ive been on this wiki for years, I dont need the talking down to. It's a waste of energy to make a CRT for any minor edit that just adds a few things from a newly released chapter at the time (Which would have been on the original edit) , this isn't some full-time job for me and i would rather not have to keep continually talking in this forum.
It's a shame, but you have to do a crt, that's how it works.

Plasma isnt notably shown and the translation isn't anything official (i'm not looking at every single fan-translated interpretation of each chapter, we take what we can get). This is even a meaningless power addition to have to go through the pain of a CRT.
The plasma thing was added on a crt, you have no right to remove it just because you think it's wrong, you need a crt.

And the translation thing, I'm literally putting the translation and the kanji that comes from a friend of mine who deals with translations. If you don't believe it, take the kanji and put it in these online translators or if you know someone who knows Japanese, show it to him.

I dont read Kanji, and i dont care enough

You make a CRT for something that actually matters. Every single little edit when new minor information surfaces (that would be on the original draft if it was) is just pedantic. Again, I know how the wiki works.

It was accepted literally cause its called 'Plasma' in the name. I dont keep up with the CRTs and i intentionally left it out because Plasma isn't actually mentioned or shown whatsoever in the practise. Tesla literally just has canonically bad naming conventions.

No

I'm not an expert in physics but iirc isn't plasma basically what electricity is made of to beging with? We often see supernatural electricity, so we don't classify it as real right away, and generally require some kind of proof.
Based on the context and character, I'd say at least a "likely" for Plasma Manip is warranted.

I'm dubious about Instinctive Action, didn't Tesla move his arm through magnetism?

The instinctive action is brought abt by Edison's comment that Tesla's mind came up with the PPPX plan on its own by instinct, which apparently other translations disagree with. I listed it as a possibility in this regard, but we've already seen characters like Adam with this ability (for no real reason) and the mangaka wouldn't include the commentary about it if it wasn't actually true

Either way its so minor and non-combat applicable for the most part that idm if thats gone, When i was wriitng the profile i just didn't want to leave anything out. Still not sure about Plasma, even if it essentially comes with lightning and electricity manipulation in general, the wiki doesn't give Plasma manip to everyone with that power regardless.

Last edited:
You make a CRT for something that actually matters. Every single little edit when new minor information surfaces (that would be on the original draft if it was) is just pedantic. Again, I know how the wiki works.
you do a crt to add stuff and remove relevant stuff which includes P&A stuff.

Also, how do you remove something that was accepted on a crt is something not relevant? What in this case is the plasma? You can't just go around picking up accepted stuff.
It was accepted literally cause its called 'Plasma' in the name. I dont keep up with the CRTs and i intentionally left it out because Plasma isn't actually mentioned or shown whatsoever in the practise. Tesla literally just has canonically bad naming conventions.
It's not just the name.

On the plasma page it is said that it composes lightning, in addition to that, tesla firecrackers, which is what tesla uses in fights for this, literally serve to generate plasma.

I'm not an expert in physics but iirc isn't plasma basically what electricity is made of to beging with? We often see supernatural electricity, so we don't classify it as real right away, and generally require some kind of proof.
Based on the context and character, I'd say at least a "likely" for Plasma Manip is warranted.
he converts the valkyria's life energy into an ultra-high voltage and uses it in his tesla coil.

What is Tesla Coil used in real life? This invention produces high-voltage and generates plasma. Just like in the manga.

I'm dubious about Instinctive Action, didn't Tesla move his arm through magnetism?
It's from a character's speech, but it's not in the translation I have. If you want, you can take the kanji of the translation I showed you to check if it's right.

Aside from the fact i didn't know abt whatever CRT, Plasma is still just Tesla's bad naming convention, and from looking at it, people only seemed to think he had it because of it being in the name. Its not a relevant addition, its just minor additions from that of a new chapter, you the only one who cares this much.

Every character who has Lightning or electricity manipulation would have 'Plasma Manipulation' technically, but the wiki doesnt add that unless Plasma is specifically referred to. Literally, its w/e but this isnt something clear cut, or necessary that i have to go through the headache of this thread

Aside from the fact i didn't know abt whatever CRT, Plasma is still just Tesla's bad naming convention, and from looking at it, people only seemed to think he had it because of it being in the name. Its not a relevant addition, its just minor additions from that of a new chapter, you the only one who cares this much.
Edai that the name is bad? The name being bad doesn't mean the name is incorrect, especially with tesla being a scientist and what I said about the tesla coil.

And of course I will care, one of the things you took was something accepted on a crt of mine and the other thing was something wrong in the translation.

Every character who has Lightning or electricity manipulation would have 'Plasma Manipulation' technically, but the wiki doesnt add that unless Plasma is specifically referred to. Literally, its w/e but this isnt something clear cut, or necessary that i have to go through the headache of this thread
And look, plasma is specifically referred to. The name of tesla's technique is bad, but it's not incorrect.

Is it literally him throwing "plasma" punches with the Tesla Coil which he does both in real life and in the manga? A high-voltage energy that generates plasma.

Prove where elseits directly stated he's using Plasma other than the naming convention played for a character trait he has or drop it

Prove where elseits directly stated he's using Plasma other than the naming convention played for a character trait he has or drop it
Wow, looks like you totally ignored the Telsa Coil thing and didn't even try to refute it, amazing.

Again, where does an attack nomenclature being crude have to do with being wrong?

The main thing that Tesla uses is high-voltage through its Tesla Coil, what? They generate plasma, in case you didn't know.

Do you think Tesla would be an idiot not to know what he himself is using? He could just say "Electricity Pulse Punch", but no, what did he use Plasma for? One thing that uses high-voltage and Tesla Coil, which in real life generates Plasma.

All attack names are straightforward.

Plasma Pulse Punch - Literally a Plasma Punch, that's literally what he does.

Plasma Pulse Punch Twin - Same thing as before but he uses both hands, again not wrong.

Tesla Step - literally a series of steps that he makes in the arena, this movement.

His only argument is that "he makes silly attack names" and this literally refutes nothing since Tesla as a scientist knows what Plasma is and has the whole tesla coil issue.

Ight please save me from this ignorance

The Naming Convention being silly doesnt outright disprove it, but it is played for gags that Tesla has terrible naming choices, this is outright shown by the audience and his colleagues. Ergo, Tesla only made the names cause he thought it sounded cool, and therefore it might not be accurate to take it by naming value like you do, nor trying to question "Why doesn't he name it this -" etc. etc. He canonically names things badly but he thinks they sound cool. If you can't see this point, then we aren't going to get anywhere here.

Also 'Plasma Pulse Punch' is alliteration (They refer to it as the PPP), which is a common literary device used to make things sound better or cooler, which is what they were trying to go for in-character for Tesla. Electricity Pulse Punch literally is just gaudy and doesnt fit the sound, but we actually get confirmation in the chapter that it runs off the magic-fuelled electricity unlike direct mentioning for Plasma.

And again, you assuming these Tesla coils, fuelled by Gondul's magic, that are clearly for fictional phenomena such as Tesla Warp, are to be compared to the actual things. There is no direct mention of 'Plasma', and instead you are assuming it works completely the same. Tesla might be based on the real Tesla, but this is still all fictionally written stuff.

Just because Plasma exists where theres electricity doesn't mean we give every electricity user Plasma Manipulation too. It's a miniscule power as we can tell with how many profiles actually have it, so i dont even know why its this important to you, but it would have to be directly referred to take into account

You are taking this to face value way too much when it is not confirmed, and is the initial reason why I had left it out of Tesla's profile. Also, if you're going to remove edits and give inexperienced advice, you can at least get rid of the categories to go with it.

Back