• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

In other news I’m starting to think Tesla is going to end up like Heracles and/or Raiden. His way of talking about death is similar to my reasons for thinking he would win but the image of him saying “it’s fine, I did what I came to do” while everyone cries and disagrees… it’s quite clear.
It was fine, I liked most of the fight but the fact that we never got to see beelzbub turn into satan kinda just leaves a sour taste in my mouth
I might just be bias because I was right but I agree with @The_one_you_least_expect and my only other complaint is that the pacing was weird. Some chapters were only exposition and others went by in an instant. Heck, the last one was so abrupt that I only didn’t comment here because I couldn’t believe it was over.

So...
I read the Lu Bü prequel and rescue as much as I could, there are still some things missing about the statistics.
What do you think?
Missed a few stuff like his danger sense (not sure what this would fall under), analytical prediction, resistance to Sun Jian’s AP and skill mimicry with Sky Eater, resistance to those things in general (experience is how Kojiro’s TID works), skilled hth combatant, spearmanship and swordsmanship should all go to mastery for being able to read and counter the generals in the 1v1 gauntlet and weaving and eventually intercepting all of Octavius’ sword attacks despite the latters “incomparable talent with a sword” while still not at his full potential and barehanded. Heat and lightning resistance is a very real possibility since he does literally arrive in the lightning when confronting Dong Zhuo.

Missed a few stuff like his danger sense (not sure what this would fall under)
I know it and it's in the sandbox (below), but considering that it's only an instance I didn't know if it was valid
ok
resistance to Sun Jian’s AP and skill mimicry with Sky Eater
It cannot be confirmed, Sun Jian uses reference movements to predict the others, but Sky Eater is something completely different and that he did not know, also he did not imitate the techniques (as I remember), he only predicted them
resistance to those things in general (experience is how Kojiro’s TID works)
the scan is basically saying "experience doesn't matter if you are excessively strong" which speaks for itself,
It can also be how Lü Bu usually tanks everything and then kills his enemy with a single hit
, skilled hth combatant, spearmanship and swordsmanship should all go to mastery for being able to read and counter the generals in the 1v1 gauntlet and weaving and eventually intercepting all of Octavius’ sword attacks despite the latters
Why does Octavius matter? Lü Bu was simply reacting to his sword, or being more direct Lü Bu is simply faster than Octavius
Heat and lightning resistance is a very real possibility since he does literally arrive in the lightning when confronting Dong Zhuo.
this is good, i like it

I also remember when looking at the Record of Ragnarok wiki that it said that Lü Bu continued to train the Sky Eater on a mountain despite the weather conditions, and that apparently the anime shows him training in the snow (something reassuring considering that Lü Bu is shirtless).
But I don't have a scan of that

I know it and it's in the sandbox (below), but considering that it's only an instance I didn't know if it was valid

ok

It cannot be confirmed, Sun Jian uses reference movements to predict the others, but Sky Eater is something completely different and that he did not know, also he did not imitate the techniques (as I remember), he only predicted them

the scan is basically saying "experience doesn't matter if you are excessively strong" which speaks for itself,
It can also be how Lü Bu usually tanks everything and then kills his enemy with a single hit

Why does Octavius matter? Lü Bu was simply reacting to his sword, or being more direct Lü Bu is simply faster than Octavius

this is good, i like it
I updated the sandbox according to what I said

Also, as you can see, I've compiled a bunch of feats below, both in strength, speed, and lifting power.
(I'm going to ask that it be calculated)

I’m going to get around to reading it now that it’s relevant to the profile.

Question: Am I the only one who finds it amusing that the thing in chapter 2 is based on an actual legend and was upscaled? Especially because it was his idea in the original.

I’m going to get around to reading it now that it’s relevant to the profile.

Question: Am I the only one who finds it amusing that the thing in chapter 2 is based on an actual legend and was upscaled? Especially because it was his idea in the original.
It's good, I recommend it, although as I said in the sandbox, I haven't found the last chapters in English, that's why the scans of those have blank speech bubbles:
They were in Spanish and I deleted the words so as not to be dissonant with the rest of the scan (and to practice with the graphic tablet)
In fact, I have not found the epilogue in general

It should be since other verses just need one showing to get that stuff like Natsu’s sense of smell letting him precog a blitz or Ichigo having one showing/statement of instinctive reaction and he gets that. Shouldn’t be different for Lu Bu.
Sun Jian witnesses their moves and adapts that to his own style and weapon to see if it would work for himself. He also sees someone charge Lu Bu and can tell their move won’t work despite not focusing on it like he did previously and predicts over 39 possible counters from Lu Bu despite only seeing 9 moves so he would have AP on Lu Bu.
Because it is supported by Lu Bu possessing a move that Sun Jian couldn’t predict despite my previous paragraph. Also Lu Bu blatantly doesn’t tank everyone? He gets harmed by half of the 7 Grails, Octavius, the Magistrate as a kid, Dong Zhuo, Sun Jian is stated to be strong enough to harm him etc.
Because Octavius is fast enough to get sand in Lu Bu’s eyes and pin his foot with the spiked sole so the two are relative in speed.

Besides, even if we discount Octavius (despite him only being a supporting feat for Lu Bu dogwalking Sun Jian), he still reads Sun Jian who created the Tiger Swing which is the supreme technique of the Niten Ichi Ryu which negged living Kojiro so both Lu Bu and Sun Jian would scale > all the shit in Kojiro’s backstory as martial arts masters.
this is good, i like it
It slipped by me every time I read through the spin off and I only remembered when I was scrolling through the scans I had of him.

Sun Jian witnesses their moves and adapts that to his own style and weapon to see if it would work for himself. He also sees someone charge Lu Bu and can tell their move won’t work despite not focusing on it like he did previously and predicts over 39 possible counters from Lu Bu despite only seeing 9 moves so he would have AP on Lu Bu.
After reading this like 5 times... you convinced me
Good Job

Because it is supported by Lu Bu possessing a move that Sun Jian couldn’t predict despite my previous paragraph. Also Lu Bu blatantly doesn’t tank everyone? He gets harmed by half of the 7 Grails, Octavius, the Magistrate as a kid, Dong Zhuo, Sun Jian is stated to be strong enough to harm him etc.
The point is not that he resists everything without damage, but that he lets others damage him and then attacks, that is, no matter how skilled they are they will not kill him, he can simply hit back after
There are few times where he doesn't let the opponent attack first
Because Octavius is fast enough to get sand in Lu Bu’s eyes and pin his foot with the spiked sole so the two are relative in speed.

Besides, even if we discount Octavius (despite him only being a supporting feat for Lu Bu dogwalking Sun Jian), he still reads Sun Jian who created the Tiger Swing which is the supreme technique of the Niten Ichi Ryu which negged living Kojiro so both Lu Bu and Sun Jian would scale > all the shit in Kojiro’s backstory as martial arts masters.
They have the same combat style, but is he just as good at it?
Likewise, Lü Bu is probably superior in technique.

Why is it so difficult to find things in English about Record of Ragnarok?
Apparently there are some extra chapters in the main manga:
(Remove the shading and that's it)
  • mangasdex.susorg/chapter/e12e6028-0f26-4178-b78a-a3334cfdc015/7

But the other two bonus chapters I can only find in Spanish:
  • ragnaroksusscanlation.com/manga/shuumatsu-no-valkyrie/capitulo-70-5/p/9/
  • ragnaroksusscanlation.com/manga/shuumatsu-no-valkyrie/capitulo-75-5-vol-18-mini-comics/p/3/

Why is it so difficult to find things in English about Record of Ragnarok?
Apparently there are some extra chapters in the main manga:
(Remove the shading and that's it)
  • mangasdex.susorg/chapter/e12e6028-0f26-4178-b78a-a3334cfdc015/7

But the other two bonus chapters I can only find in Spanish:
  • ragnaroksusscanlation.com/manga/shuumatsu-no-valkyrie/capitulo-70-5/p/9/
  • ragnaroksusscanlation.com/manga/shuumatsu-no-valkyrie/capitulo-75-5-vol-18-mini-comics/p/3/
Is there a specific chapter you want to see? There's a lot of stuff in pt-br (Brazilian Portuguese), and I know someone who has practically all of Shuumatsu's raws.

Is the sky in Record of Ragnarok infinite?
I don't know, I don't think there's anything talking about your size. Depending on how you interpret the "layers of the world", you could say that it is the universal size standard compared to the "layer of Midgard".

Of course, just in interpreting that all "layers of the world" are different dimensions, that the "Midgard layer" is referring to the universe and not the planet, and that the layer of heaven and hell should probably be as big as that of Midgard.

Is there a specific chapter you want to see? There's a lot of stuff in pt-br (Brazilian Portuguese), and I know someone who has practically all of Shuumatsu's raws.
I search in English to be able to use them in vsbattles wiki without problems, but my language is Spanish
What I am looking for more specifically is the extra of volume 17 in English, it contributes little but it does contribute, while the other 2 do not contribute anything for their profiles

Tbh the spinoff isn't that good imo, it promises a story about Lu Bu, but there's barely any Lu Bu, at least from what I've read
This is what I heard too and it couldn’t be further from the truth. Just finished all 24 I can find and the person with the second most appearances (Dong Zhuo) was in less than a 3rd of them.

But because it was almost entirely about failed attempts to have an interesting fight I can see how it can feel unfulfilling… even though Lu Bu is the only one bored.

Something I noticed on the sandbox is that an anti-feat for Octavius is out of place.

in chapter 9 or 10 it says that Adam lived with his friends animals about the providence of infinite eden (something like that) I would like to know if it is a translation error

in chapter 9 or 10 it says that Adam lived with his friends animals about the providence of infinite eden (something like that) I would like to know if it is a translation error
"infinite providence of the garden of eden"

You know, this isn't talking about size or anything like that. Providence has nothing to do with it.

Providencia means "prevention, preparing certain actions in advance" or in the Theological term, which I think in this case is what matters most, it means "the supreme wisdom of God or action by which God directs events"

Would have to see the raws.

I don't know, I'm just saying the meanings of the term.

But Bruhild quoted a verse from the Bible and spoke of God with a capital D.
There is one scan where Ares swears by Jehovah and Hades proceeds to call him his brother lmao. Plus Adam and Jesus exist in verse so it would make sense the Big G does too.
This is what I heard too and it couldn’t be further from the truth. Just finished all 24 I can find and the person with the second most appearances (Dong Zhuo) was in less than a 3rd of them.
24? There’s 28 chapters out in English afaik.
But because it was almost entirely about failed attempts to have an interesting fight I can see how it can feel unfulfilling… even though Lu Bu is the only one bored.
I enjoy it a ton. There is a bunch of cool panels and Lu Bu art with dragons so I’m always gonna be happy. That and he bodies a bunch of people while doing ridiculous shit and somehow getting good skill scaling/feats.

Only “issue” I have is that I would have preferred it to have been in chronological order rather than different events in his life just being tossed at us.
Something I noticed on the sandbox is that an anti-feat for Octavius is out of place.
What Sparkive said.

I asked my translator colleague about this yesterday, and he said that this "infinity" thing doesn't even exist in the original.

For you to know, the translations of Shuumatsu from "Arang Scans", have some invented things(Cof*Eyes of the Lord*Cof), so it's always good to try to translate from the original(That's why my fellow translator doesn't like this scan).

Strad.png

Kanjis below for those who want:
アダムは動物たちと共に...何不自由ない楽園生活を 送っていた・・・

I asked my translator colleague about this yesterday, and he said that this "infinity" thing doesn't even exist in the original.

For you to know, the translations of Shuumatsu from "Arang Scans", have some invented things(Cof*Eyes of the Lord*Cof), so it's always good to try to translate from the original(That's why my fellow translator doesn't like this scan).

Strad.png

Kanjis below for those who want:
アダムは動物たちと共に...何不自由ない楽園生活を 送っていた・・・
Thanks

On the Zeus page there is a small translation error, Cronus is never called "personification of time".

Translation:

It has the extra of Cronus being considered the strongest in the Universe.

Does it need a Crt? It's not like this removes or gives an ability to Zeus, it's just a small fix + one more justification for the AP.

On the Zeus page there is a small translation error, Cronus is never called "personification of time".

Translation:

Does it need a Crt? It's not like this removes or gives an ability to Zeus, it's just a small fix + one more justification for the AP.
Plus, Cronus is the Titan of Harvest Time, Chronus is the personification

Translation:

So, is a CRT needed for something like this?

Shouldn't Beelzebub have some kind of durability negation or something? Internal damage falls under that doesn't it?

The moment Tesla touched the sphere, the vibrations ran through his entire body and caused damage internally.

Sure, tesla survived, but he also avoided some of the vibrations with his skills.

So, is a CRT needed for something like this?
I think so but always do a CRT to be safe.
Shouldn't Beelzebub have some kind of durability negation or something? Internal damage falls under that doesn't it?

The moment Tesla touched the sphere, the vibrations ran through his entire body and caused damage internally.

Sure, tesla survived, but he also avoided some of the vibrations with his skills.
Yep.

Back