• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Realm of the Mad God Universal Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt like using this information for once so I hope it goes well..

Here the Void Entity implies or straight up says he will eradicate the universe.

Eventually or in one big AoE blast it wouldn't matter for reasons I will list.

First off there are infinite instances of the realm as shown in the History of the Realm

Why does this matter?

Well these infinite instances are more like planets in a galaxy as noted by the Realm Eye if you use the prompt for "Commander Calbrik"
Commander Calbrik is the acclaimed leader of his homeworld’s notorious army. Though he and Oryx have a mutual interest in killing your kind, he has no intention of negotiating.
I suspect he wants to control the realm due to its prime position in the galaxy. Conquering it would complete his web of scattered military bases, allowing him to close in on what remains.
You could suggest that this doesn't necessarily mean they all exist in one universe but could be in different parallel universes but no the realms are pretty much confirmed to be apart of the universe according to the "Nexus" prompt from the Realm Eye.
The Nexus was built by your kind as a sanctuary from the looming threat of Oryx’s wrath. Though rather sloppy in its first forms, expansions over the years have made it quite a spectacle.
To be certain of their safety, the old heroes knew the only way to escape the Mad God’s control of the realms was to be in none at all.
A gateway was opened to the realm between realms, an empty dimension never before inhabited by living creatures.
Being the only place in the known universe not bound to a realm, it is outside of Oryx’s control. It is for this same reason that I cannot go there myself, for my all-seeing vision would not work in such a place.
With this the universe would have to be infinite in size and his potential eradication of the universe would at least be High 3-A

For this I propose 3 options for the Void Entity
High Universe level (Stated that he would eradicate the universe which is stated to contain the realms [reference] which there are an infinite amount of)
possibly High Universe level (Implied that he could eradicate the universe which is stated to contain the realms [reference] which there are an infinite amount of)
Orrrr the more unconventional and assumptive option which is Infinite speed :)

Last edited:
Has the implication ever been proven to be true? Not that I am disagreeing, but we are simply relying on the assumption that he may perform the feat.

Has the implication ever been proven to be true? Not that I am disagreeing, but we are simply relying on the assumption that he may perform the feat.
Well he hasn't destroyed the universe so not really I guess? Mostly why I also proposed a possibly since the nature of the statement.

There's some stuff I would like to use as supporting evidence as there are characters who are significantly weaker or less difficult who maintain, support and essentially create "the universe and beyond" but I dunno if that would just be a big outlier since they are basically the literal servers of the game and would likely be low 2-C instead of High 3-A.

assumptions that characters COULD destroy things typically are never a problem for scaling
goku is 2-C because his punches would have destroyed the macrocosm, no?

Put me in disagreement, I would rather purpose possibly 3-A for the statement if compromise is a possibility in this thread.

I don't think those “infinite instances” refers to physical objects in this context. The context is telling us that ORYH has declared himself the ruler of the entire Realm. The blessing that previously allowed heroes to be resurrected is now transformed into a curse referred to as "PERMA-DEATH." Meanwhile, ORYH's vassals receive a different kind of blessing – the ability to have endless chances in various instances of the Realm.

It means that these vassals are granted an endless number of chances or possibilities within various occurrences or versions of the Realm. In other words, these vassals have the ability to try, fail, and retry countless times across different situations without any set limit. This stands in contrast to the heroes, who now face "PERMA-DEATH," where they have only one life and cannot be resurrected.

So it is most likely probability manipulation.
assumptions that characters COULD destroy things typically are never a problem for scaling
It was from a knowledgeable character. I don't think this assumption is valid. Also, doing whataboutism argument won't change my stance.

Yeah that's also what I was about to say. So there is no reason to put possibly when the statement is clear. However what stops this statement from being hyperbolic?

Put me in disagreement, I would rather purpose possibly 3-A for the statement if compromise is a possibility in this thread.

I don't think those “infinite instances” refers to physical objects in this context. The context is telling us that ORYH has declared himself the ruler of the entire Realm. The blessing that previously allowed heroes to be resurrected is now transformed into a curse referred to as "PERMA-DEATH." Meanwhile, ORYH's vassals receive a different kind of blessing – the ability to have endless chances in various instances of the Realm.

It means that these vassals are granted an endless number of chances or possibilities within various occurrences or versions of the Realm. In other words, these vassals have the ability to try, fail, and retry countless times across different situations without any set limit. This stands in contrast to the heroes, who now face "PERMA-DEATH," where they have only one life and cannot be resurrected.

So it is most likely probability manipulation.

It was from a knowledgeable character. I don't think this assumption is valid. Also, doing whataboutism argument won't change my stance.
These "endless chances" is their ability to remain alive in other versions of the realm even in death not within the same realm. Instances IS quite literally referring to the realms As they have infinite opportunites in infinite instances of the realm not infinite opportunities in various instances of the realm. What you're doing is trying to recontextualize the statement to mean something it doesn't. It's clearly saying there are infinite instances of the realm with instances referring to an occurence of it. There are infinite occurences of the realm.

No, I am following the context, as the intended outcome of the entire statement is for enemies to possess only one life and to be incapable of resurrection. This involves probability manipulation that negates immortality of type 6.

The existence of infinite versions of the mentioned realm does not justify that the realm is infinite in size. I still disagree. There's no need to misinterpret my stance, and if there is any further context that I should be aware of, please provide it.

No, I am following the context, as the intended outcome of the entire statement is for enemies to possess only one life and to be incapable of resurrection. This involves probability manipulation that negates immortality of type 6.

The existence of infinite versions of the mentioned realm does not justify that the realm is infinite in size. I still disagree. There's no need to misinterpret my stance, and if there is any further context that I should be aware of, please provide it.
I never said the realm is infinite in size as they are just planets. I said the universe contains infinite realms.

It seems to be a misinterpretation since the context does not suggest this. Furthermore, I believe there is no need for me to defend my stance as I have articulated it quite clearly.

You are aware that my vote won't be counted, so you can call staff members to evaluate this. I have presented my opinion and contextual evaluation in this matter, and I disagree with the premise.

It appears to be a misinterpretation, as the context does not suggest this. Furthermore, I believe there is no need for me to defend my stance, as I have articulated it quite clearly.
The Nexus was built by your kind as a sanctuary from the looming threat of Oryx’s wrath. Though rather sloppy in its first forms, expansions over the years have made it quite a spectacle.
To be certain of their safety, the old heroes knew the only way to escape the Mad God’s control of the realms was to be in none at all.
A gateway was opened to the realm between realms, an empty dimension never before inhabited by living creatures.
Being the only place in the known universe not bound to a realm, it is outside of Oryx’s control. It is for this same reason that I cannot go there myself, for my all-seeing vision would not work in such a place.

i would appreciate you not calling what i'm saying whataboutism because you disagree with it
all i said is that statements of being able to destroy X thing are, in most circumstances, taken as literal, given it's by a reliable source.

Vash is 5-B for stating he could decimate a planet.
Thanos (MCU) is 3-A for having a "power source capable of destroying the universe".
when characters confidently state they could win a fight against other ones, they get scaled to each other.

statements from characters - given they aren't PROVEN to be unreliable - are usually good to use for scaling.

I appreciate your effort, but it still falls into the realm of “whataboutism.” I am discussing a specific instance, while you are bringing up unrelated examples from different contexts, each with its own unique background and statements.

@BestMGQScalerEver This undermines the argument to some extent. A space outside the realm is by no means a subset of the infinitely diverse versions of the realm. The complete context of this statement is as follows: In order to guarantee their safety (referring to the heroes who sought refuge in the Nexus), the ancient heroes came to the realization that the only way to break free from the Mad God's control over the realms was to exist completely beyond them.

This means that the space they sought in the Nexus, being beyond the realms, is distinct from the infinite variations within those realms, and it cannot be considered as just another subset of those variations.

You may not see the edit of the post; but I will post it here:
You are aware that my vote won't be counted, so you can call staff members to evaluate this. I have presented my opinion and contextual evaluation in this matter, and I disagree with the premise.

I appreciate your effort, but it still falls into the realm of “whataboutism.” I am discussing a specific instance, while you are bringing up unrelated examples from different contexts, each with its own unique background and statements.

@BestMGQScalerEver This undermines the argument to some extent. A space outside the realm is by no means a subset of the infinitely diverse versions of the realm. The complete context of this statement is as follows: In order to guarantee their safety (referring to the heroes who sought refuge in the Nexus), the ancient heroes came to the realization that the only way to break free from the Mad God's control over the realms was to exist completely beyond them.

This means that the space they sought in the Nexus, being beyond the realms, is distinct from the infinite variations within those realms, and it cannot be considered as just another subset of those variations.

You may not see the edit of the post; but I will post it here:
casually ignores that it says that its within the universes as well as the realms

Yea I'll just way for staff at this point because arguing with you gets nowhere.

I understand the inf speed bit is likely just a joke, but that likely would not be accepted. You'd have an easier time getting this taken as just straight-up AP. I'm a little confused about the wording of the infinite instances statement. Could you provide more clarity on that? It may help your case with the moderators, too.

As for the hesitancy in accepting the statement, there doesn't appear to be a valid reason to reject it. If it's treated seriously by the characters it's addressed to and inserted in the story to give a tangible scale of power narratively, I don't see any sufficient reason to doubt it unless there's something explicitly in-universe to cast doubt on it. It would be the opposition's burden to demonstrate why we should not accept the statement and not keep demanding more proof for its validity.

I understand the inf speed bit is likely just a joke, but that likely would not be accepted. You'd have an easier time getting this taken as just straight-up AP. I'm a little confused about the wording of the infinite instances statement. Could you provide more clarity on that? It may help your case with the moderators, too.

As for the hesitancy in accepting the statement, there doesn't appear to be a valid reason to reject it. If it's treated seriously by the characters it's addressed to and inserted in the story to give a tangible scale of power narratively, I don't see any sufficient reason to doubt it unless there's something explicitly in-universe to cast doubt on it. It would be the opposition's burden to demonstrate why we should not accept the statement and not keep demanding more proof for its validity.
The infinite instances statement basically says that even if they die they'll continue on living in the infinite amount of realms giving them infinite opportunities of life as they will never truly die unless they somehow get killed across their infinite selves. (Sorta like Acausality type 3). It's pretty clear cut as it's saying there is infinite occurences of the realm. Oryx is also the person who has dominion over all the realms and here it's also elaborated that it's an endless cycle trying to defeat Oryx who will always live on via this type of immortality across the infinite realms
“I have been watching you, you heroes have repeatedly done the impossible, you have felled the Mad God countless times.”
“But what has any of it achieved?”
“He always returns…”

“You are all merely an inconvenience to him.”
“You can never truly defeat him, and no matter how legendary your heroes are, they all eventually find their end.”
“I have seen it, again and again.”
“I am not willing to witness it any longer.”

“What do you not understand, do you truly believe this endless cycle will result in your victory?”
“Can you not see that this is the only way?”

I believe there might be a misunderstanding. I am not rejecting the statement; instead, I am suggesting that there is a possibility of metaphorical intention or that he never performed the feat because it seems metaphorical to me rather than literal.

Anyone can present a statement to make themselves seem more important, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's valid. The fact is, the OP acknowledges this and thus proposes a possibility rating.

Requesting the validity of a statement is not a negative thing. There are numerous claims out there, and you can't just accept them without some form of backup or logical basis.

@BestMGKScalerEver
In reference to the portion of its universe within the realm, I never ignored this aspect. However, you ignored that it is not even bounded by realms. Therefore, there is no point in equating this place (which is essentially a void) with an instance of version of realm. Contextually, it doesn't make sense.

@BestMGKScalerEver
In reference to the portion of its universe within the realm, I never ignored this aspect. However, you ignored that it is not even bounded by realms. Therefore, there is no point in equating this place (which is essentially a void) with an instance of version of realm. Contextually, it doesn't make sense.
The Nexus is described as the only place within the known universe not bound by a realm. It is still within the universe and it also basically says the realms are within the universe. The realms are not the universe they are planets within the universe.

I never denied this. However, within the context of the story you've provided, it refers to multiple instances of the Realm rather than the size of the universe itself. The term "infinite instances of the Realm" implies that there are infinite variations or iterations of the Realm, possibly due to the blessings bestowed upon ORYH's vassals. This doesn't necessarily indicate an infinite-sized universe, but rather a concept of numerous parallel or distinct versions of the same realm.

I never denied this. However, within the context of the story you've provided, it refers to multiple instances of the Realm rather than the size of the universe itself. The term "infinite instances of the Realm" implies that there are infinite variations or iterations of the Realm, possibly due to the blessings bestowed upon ORYH's vassals. This doesn't necessarily indicate an infinite-sized universe, but rather a concept of numerous parallel or distinct versions of the same realm.
However it's quite literally stated there are multiple realms in existence and not just a singular one. It's not a wild thing to say that this would encapsulate the infinite realms as well. The universe housing the infinite realms would make it infinite in size.
image.png

Also about this statement is that the Nexus is a place which connects to these instances of the realm for the heroes of the nexus to invade in a neverending war and that it's also said that it's within the known universe and not some thing isolated from the overall universe.

It never says "instances". It is your claim, it says explicitly "A gateway was opened to the realm between realms" , not "a gateway which is opened to those instances". Also in general, those instances has nothing in common with other different realms. I am not sure why this statement relevant. The instances part has a different context and relies on one single realm with infinite other versions of the same realm.

Sure, there are multiple realms, no one is denying it. Also looking from the screenshot, they are quite explict when they want to convey an information, and noticeably enough they did not mention there are infinite realms, in fact.

I think you are understanding me. I am still not saying, there is no universal destruction, its 3-A, but high 3-A is quite implausible.

Good night

I apsolutely disagree with High 3-A, nah, this ain't it chief.

3-A as a "possibly" is fine but there's a lot in the way of it being solid(no timeframe, coming from a person who's whole goal is to destroy the universe, the possibility of a chain reaction, the possibility of a Hyperbole) so disagreeing with 3-A too is apsolutely A-ok.

Also, Dread, it's Immortality Type 4 Negation, that is some of the most basic crap around for the verse's lore, instead of making some back-ass assumption like Immortality Type 6(Which is like, posession? Why would it be posession?) Or Probability Manipulation(Literally never even implied) just... go the path of least assumptions lmfao

I apsolutely disagree with High 3-A, nah, this ain't it chief.

3-A as a "possibly" is fine but there's a lot in the way of it being solid(no timeframe, coming from a person who's whole goal is to destroy the universe, the possibility of a chain reaction, the possibility of a Hyperbole) so disagreeing with 3-A too is apsolutely A-ok.
I'm fine with a possibly but shouldn't it be possibly High 3-A instead of just 3-A as the universe would be infinite? The chain reaction bit is too much of an assumption regarding and timeframe doesn't matter when it's infinite but I understand other points.

I'm fine with a possibly but shouldn't it be possibly High 3-A instead of just 3-A as the universe would be infinite? The chain reaction bit is too much of an assumption regarding and timeframe doesn't matter when it's infinite but I understand other points.
no.

I may not agree with many of the things Dread has said on this thread, but the universe not being infinite is definitely one I agree with, like, Tier 7 to Universal is already on very shaky grounds, so let's not push what's essentially a double possibly onto a rating.

no.

I may not agree with many of the things Dread has said on this thread, but the universe not being infinite is definitely one I agree with, like, Tier 7 to Universal is already on very shaky grounds, so let's not push what's essentially a double possibly onto a rating.
I think infinite instances of realm referring to infinite realms and them being a part of the universe is kinda blatant with context about the Nexus but whatever

I'll wait for staff.

Also, Dread, it's Immortality Type 4 Negation, that is some of the most basic crap around for the verse's lore, instead of making some back-ass assumption like Immortality Type 6(Which is like, posession? Why would it be posession?) Or Probability Manipulation(Literally never even implied) just... go the path of least assumptions lmfao
I simply thought type 6 is resurrection top of my head.

I changed my mind about probability manipulation.

There are some issues here.

Firstly, you need valid reasoning to actually consider it hyperbole or figurative. The statement itself is rather direct, so the onus would be on you to demonstrate that as a valid possibility. Secondly, it's the same thing with a chain reaction. Chain reactions generally involve detailed explanations about their cascade effect. There'd need to be more reasonable evidence to suggest a chain reaction as a valid possibility. Lastly, it coming from the source who plans on destroying the universe is not really a knock against it. Unless we have a valid reason to doubt the source's credibility that the OP has demonstrated, then it coming from the character seeking to do the deed doesn't mean much.

The only valid point you have here is about the timeframe if the universe isn't infinite, but that can potentially be resolved depending on the immediate the nature of the threat. More context could satisfy this concern. Possibly/Likely 3-A seems like a given at this point. Whether or not it can reasonably hit a solid rating should be the topic of discussion going forward.

There are some issues here.

Firstly, you need valid reasoning to actually consider it hyperbole or figurative. The statement itself is rather direct, so the onus would be on you to demonstrate that as a valid possibility. Secondly, it's the same thing with a chain reaction. Chain reactions generally involve detailed explanations about their cascade effect. There'd need to be more reasonable evidence to suggest a chain reaction as a valid possibility. Lastly, it coming from the source who plans on destroying the universe is not really a knock against it. Unless we have a valid reason to doubt the source's credibility that the OP has demonstrated, then it coming from the character seeking to do the deed doesn't mean much.

The only valid point you have here is about the timeframe if the universe isn't infinite, but that can potentially be resolved depending on the immediate the nature of the threat. More context could satisfy this concern. Possibly/Likely 3-A seems like a given at this point. Whether or not it can reasonably hit a solid rating should be the topic of discussion going forward.
Here's a knock against against said source's credibility! He's been around for billions of years with that one goal and has failed every time, even with powerful hosts the best feat is corrupting the shatters... which is hax. And the best feat is a statement of "it would devastate the land". That does not inspire confidence for Void Entity doing it in one hit which is what needs to happen for Uni to be solid. We need to be able to be confident VE isn't being Hyperbolic when he says that he'll destroy the universe when the next best feat in the entire sodding verse is shaking an island or destroying a city.

Yeah. This is incredibly easy to call an outlier, it is 18 or 19 entire tiers above the next best feat. I'm only saying, you aren't getting solid 3-A.

Meh whatever. possibly 3-A is better than nothing. If need be I can make a separate thread to list all points for infinite universe

As in you could not do it now to prove it. It is literally the only requested to prove your stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back