• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reality-Fiction difference is not the same as Higher Dimensional difference

do we really accept dimensional difference as transcendence or automatically assume that the difference between them are higher infinities? Since I'm pretty sure seeing something as 2-D is not automatically qualitative superiority. Like iirc seeing an High 1-B structure as fiction is enough for you to be 1-A, but seeing it as a lower dimension would simply make you just higher to High 1-B or low 1-A.

So pretty much, R>F is indeed qualitatively superior to dimensional difference.

Though not as much as the OP is proposing lol.
I am pretty sure thats just High 1-B+. In here, seeing High 1-B as fiction is same as seeing High 1-B as lower dimension, like higher/lower dimensional difference = reality/fiction difference.
who views the other as fiction in DB?
DB views other fictions as fictions.
You're right, realty-fiction difference is not the same as higher dimensional difference; it's lower.

It's pretty much a snazzy coat of paint added to characters being able to warp reality on a universal scale in a universe that isn't their own, but this isn't a superiority, they're still humans at the end of the day. Half of the time when this is properly explored, the "fiction" in question is just another universe in the multiverse.

Really, a reality-fiction difference should never be considered a superiority.
I am pretty sure it didn't work that way in this wiki.

I think that would only be considered 1-A, rather than Tier 0
They can write a tier 0 hierarchy in the fiction, then transcend it by existing, if it's truly reality-fiction.

I think it can only be tier 0, just count as reality warping like Aagna said (assume that it's not literal fiction to them), or treat it as a non-feat and all the lower layers be tier 11. Edit: Or I guess be like it is now, but only if the layer is compared to some higher dimension.

In my personal view I still only see that as some greater degree of 1-A unless the Verse they're viewing has a 1-A realm within it.
They can simply write an 1-A realm into the work, making realms with higher tiers in a fiction doesn't take more power, just more pretentious descriptions.

They can simply write an 1-A realm into the work, making realms with higher tiers in a fiction doesn't take more power, just more pretentious descriptions.
it doesn't work like that, i know this is a fun and games thread but no lol

hierarchy scales to the main setting, making a 1A realm would just be making a 11A realm, unless further context.

it doesn't work like that, i know this is a fun and games thread but no lol

hierarchy scales to the main setting, making a 1A realm would just be making a 11A realm, unless further context.
The main setting can be the fiction, and still have someone above it, like a writer making the book.

Say, if it's a mostly normal verse, with the writer appearing as some supreme being, just making him Low 1-C doesn't make much sense to me, since while the fiction that he transcends wouldn't explicitly have any higher dimensional stuff, he can very easily just write it all in and make it an 1-A structure.

The main setting can be the fiction, and still have someone above it, like a writer making the book.

Say, if it's a mostly normal verse, with the writer appearing as some supreme being, just making him Low 1-C doesn't make much sense to me, since while the fiction that he transcends wouldn't explicitly have any higher dimensional stuff, he can very easily just write it all in and make it an 1-A structure.
if he does, we make him 1A or higher, if he doesn't, we don't, simple.

if he does, we make him 1A or higher, if he doesn't, we don't, simple.
But he could. If J.K Rowling wanted, she could write, "and then Harry saw infinite dimensions, a realm above the infinite dimensions, and infinity realms above the infinity, infinite, transcendental, platonic, Wan Ei Buzzword, whatever", and make Harry Potter 1-A, it'd take no more power than writing a realistic non-powered setting.

But he could. If J.K Rowling wanted, she could write, "and then Harry saw infinite dimensions, a realm above the infinite dimensions, and infinity realms above the infinity, infinite, transcendental, platonic, Wan Ei Buzzword, whatever", and make Harry Potter 1-A, it'd take no more power than writing a realistic non-powered setting.
if the author transcends a 4D structure, he's 5D

he could, but he never did, why would we give theoretical ratings?

If there is nothing 1-A in the verse, then we can only place writer at Low 1-C. If writer is 1-A then 1-A hierarchy or some evidence is needed in order to give the writer 1-A tier not just rely on "supreme being can write anything and make a 1-A structure"

if the author transcends a 4D structure, he's 5D

he could, but he never did, why would we give theoretical ratings?
Because, if it's truly fiction to them, they just can make it higher, at will. It's not complicated, writing 4-D or 5-D makes no difference, I don't suddenly become infinitely stronger when I make my homebrew D&D cosmology one dimension higher.

Because, if it's truly fiction to them, they just can make it higher, at will. It's not complicated, writing 4-D or 5-D makes no difference, I don't suddenly become infinitely stronger when I make my homebrew D&D cosmology one dimension higher.
this... man you become stronger compared to them... please know what you're talking about...

this... man you become stronger compared to them... please know what you're talking about...
I become stronger, by making them stronger, while nothing about me changes at all? There's no difference to myself in this case, I can change it back to 4-D, then to 1-D, 0-D, 1-A, High 1-A, Tier 0, all on a whim and with no effort at all. The layer of reality-fiction between me and them allows me to turn their realm into anything I want within the tiering system.

You can't really compare characters in this manner, if I make a 4-D realm, and a dude besides me makes a 5-D one, he's not infinitely stronger than me. He can add infinite layers of reality-fiction in his work, and he's still not stronger than me, who has just one. It wouldn't make sense to tier us differently.

I become stronger, by making them stronger, while nothing about me changes at all? There's no difference to myself in this case, I can change it back to 4-D, then to 1-D, 0-D, 1-A, High 1-A, Tier 0, all on a whim and with no effort at all. The layer of reality-fiction between me and them allows me to turn their realm into anything I want within the tiering system.

You can't really compare characters in this manner, if I make a 4-D realm, and a dude besides me makes a 5-D one, he's not infinitely stronger than me. He can add infinite layers of reality-fiction in his work, and he's still not stronger than me, who has just one. It wouldn't make sense to tier us differently.
you're not becoming stronger 🤨 you're just making yourself stronger in their perspective

you're not becoming stronger 🤨 you're just making yourself stronger in their perspective
I really don't see how unless you mean "from the PoV of the people in the verse, they think you're X tier", in which case that's just them being wrong. For my actual power, nothing changes at all.

I really don't see how unless you mean "from the PoV of the people in the verse, they think you're X tier", in which case that's just them being wrong. For my actual power, nothing changes at all.
let me be clear, you make a verse Which is 4D, you're 5D in that verse, you make a verse that's 1A, you're 1A in that verse, we're 3D but we made tier 0 fictions, so

let me be clear, you make a verse Which is 4D, you're 5D in that verse, you make a verse that's 1A, you're 1A in that verse, we're 3D but we made tier 0 fictions, so
Which is how we do now, but I already explained why I find it flawed.

Let's agree to disagree since this definitely will go nowhere.

Back