• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Real World Page Entry Addition And Arrangement Modification Discussion Thread (ie/tldr Real World Discussion Thread)

So... this is gonna be a bit daunting and probably insane coming from me due to being a relative newcomer, but I have some ideas I would like to pose regarding the arrangement and status of the Real World Entries (I'm probably gonna spend most of my time either in Content Revision regarding the Real World or in Fun And Games if not in Discord, so welp).

1: I propose a revision/alternative to the current arrangement of entries in the Real World page: instead of listing individual entries under categories (since there's probably too many individual examples of stuff we could list down such as with firearms and animals), we could list smaller subcategories (replacing the individual entries) under larger groups (sections (a.), subsections (a.b.) and categories (a.b.c.) as numbered/structured in the contents list from biggest to smallest left to right) and then write about individual record-holding/notable members of said subcategories in the powers and stats of the subcategories' pages (which would replace the individual entry pages).
To explain how this works taking the Weapons section as an example:
Weapons section name stays the same.
Subsection names like Melee Weapons stay the same.
Categories like Clubs and Swords can be changed to Blunt and Sharp weapons, Others can be Improvised Weapons.
Individual weapons can be lumped into their own smaller subcategories so that the subcategories BECOME the individual entry pages (like Blunt One-Handed Weapons and Blunt Two-Handed Weapons) while then adding the powers/stats of record-holding/notable individual weapons into the pages of those smaller pages.

Guns And Cannons and Other Ranged Weapons subsections can be merged into just Ranged Weapons subsection while the individual pages can be lumped into categories like Vehicular Weapons, Firearms, Non-Firearm Projectile Weapons, Throwing Weapons, etc with subcategories being like Aerial Vehicular Weapons, Terrestrial Vehicular Weapons, Naval Vehicular Weapons, Missile/Rocket Launchers, Grenade Launchers, Anti-Material/Sniper Rifles, DMRs/Battle/Assault Rifles, Other Rifles, Shotguns, Revolvers, PDWs/SMGs/PCCs, Semi-Auto Pistols, Hand Grenades, etc...

You probably understand the idea already but just to also provide another way this works for other sections:
According to taxonomy:
Domains/dominions/superkingdoms/realms/empires (all same meaning in taxonomy) can replace the organism types in subsections (eg Animals, Plants, Fungi, Bacteria, Protists, etc can be replaced by Eukarya and Prokarya) and additionally become categories under the time period era subsections in the Extinct Organisms section.
Kingdoms can replace or become the current categories (categories going under the time period/era subsections for the Extinct Organisms section similarly to domains depending on whichever is easier, and replacing the different animal type categories under the Animals subsection in the Extant Organisms section).
Phyla/Classes/Orders/Familiae (most general to most specific left to right) can be the subcategories where record-holding/notable genera and species can be written down in powers and stats for said phyla/classes/orders/familiae.

With that in mind, I will note that this will take a long time (not unlike the reformation of the Tier System following Ultima's proposal) as we are going to need to add more sections, subsections and categories to classify the different entries as collective subcategories/groups (with references to Wikipedia or other possibly more detailed, legitimate and reputable sources as noted by H3).

2: I propose to also keep this thread open as a way for members who contribute to the Real World Thread to throw in ideas for additions to the page entries for discussion (or rather, if the first idea was to go through, with new additions and updates to the powers and stats of record-holding/notable individuals within their respective subcategories with regard to adding new data of specific entities, and also new subcategories, categories, subsections or sections with regard to reclassifying groups of entities or adding new groups of entities, for discussion). (Unless a new thread already exists for that purpose.)

3: I'm not sure if it's necessary or useful, but just wondering whether armour (like bulletproof vests, bombsuits, spacesuits, etc) should be included, but even if that's not the case, I feel shields should be added since they've been both used as defensive blocking weapons and offensive parrying and ramming weapons (even if not the primary purpose regarding the latter) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_shield in modern times, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nguni_shield and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutum in more historical times), and then there's dueling shields that have been around quite a while as well from Talhoffer and other manuals:

Ms.Thott.290.2%C2%BA_105r.jpg
images
efifllge01l51.png

Last edited:
@H3110l12345I20 @Antvasima @Ultima @Hortonhearsahoot @IdiosyncraticLawyer
@CrackerVolley @Artorimachi_Meteoraft @Flashlight237 @Crabwhale @MaybeWantsToEdit

May I ask if you could 1: offer feedback as to whether these ideas are valid and/or feasible and 2: approve and open up this thread and invite others to take part in the discussion? I would very much appreciate it.
Looking for feedback/thoughts about the proposed ideas, hope you all are able to answer when free

Newcomer sins: 1​

• Pinging users when you're not staff [it's not going to notify/summon them]. Ding!
Huh. I've seen only one blunder from a new comer. Your about forum page says you prefer to be called Xe if I'm correct. If you want to contact staff/notable users, do it on their message walls. I'm experienced, so you can ask me where you should go.

The subcategories should only be offered if a section is large to where it can take up the entire screen when reading it. That's my stance here on subcategories, as the sections that aren't large enough to take up the screen by a regular user don't need to have subsections.

This is a fictional indexing website, and IRL (In Real Life) people aren't allowed by the rules. As the real world verse is allowed as a reference point, what makes you think record holding/notable people would serve as a good reference point? And I'm ironically in a debate with Aurora about a related topic, since there's plenty of reasons why the staff doesn't want IRL people on-site. I can list the reasons here just to save staff some time, moral and legal trouble.

Armor can be on-site since it can be a weapon, and I recall an instance in Detroit: Become Human that Markus can take down police with riot shelds. And there should be more instances of using shields like this. I agree for putting shields on-site.

• Pinging users when you're not staff [it's not going to notify/summon them]. Ding!
Huh. I've seen only one blunder from a new comer. Your about forum page says you prefer to be called Xe if I'm correct. If you want to contact staff/notable users, do it on their message walls. I'm experienced, so you can ask me where you should go.

The subcategories should only be offered if a section is large to where it can take up the entire screen when reading it. That's my stance here on subcategories, as the sections that aren't large enough to take up the screen by a regular user don't need to have subsections.

This is a fictional indexing website, and IRL (In Real Life) people aren't allowed by the rules. As the real world verse is allowed as a reference point, what makes you think record holding/notable people would serve as a good reference point? And I'm ironically in a debate with Aurora about a related topic, since there's plenty of reasons why the staff doesn't want IRL people on-site. I can list the reasons here just to save staff some time, moral and legal trouble.

Armor can be on-site since it can be a weapon, and I recall an instance in Detroit: Become Human that Markus can take down police with riot shelds. And there should be more instances of using shields like this. I agree for putting shields on-site.
I did not mean to talk about PEOPLE, when I said individuals I mean individual examples like the Sarissa or Argentinosaurus under the subcategory Polearms or Sauropoda.

Sorry, but may I ask if you could re-read the first suggestion properly? Though it might be my fault, I was not too concise or clear.
Weapons section name stays the same.
Subsection names like Melee Weapons stay the same.
Categories like Clubs and Swords can be changed to Blunt and Sharp weapons, Others can be Improvised Weapons.
Individual weapons can be lumped into their own smaller subcategories so that the subcategories BECOME the individual entry pages (like Blunt One-Handed Weapons and Blunt Two-Handed Weapons) while then adding the powers/stats of record-holding/notable individual weapons into the pages of those smaller pages.
Taking these as examples again, the layout would then look like:
(Section) 4: Weapons
(Subsection) 4.1: Melee Weapons
(Category) 4.1.1: Clubs Blunt Weapons
The individual entries under 4.1.1 would be converted to these subcategories with their own pages: Blunt One Handed Weapons and Blunt Two Handed Weapons (instead of individual weapons like Baseball Bat and Sledgehammer) with data of individual record-holding/notable weapons (so like how hard or fast said individual weapons whether it be Baseball Bat, Sledgehammer, etc can hit) written in the subcategories' pages.

Sorry, but may I ask if you could re-read the first suggestion properly? Though it might be my fault, I was not too concise or clear.
When I was replying about individuals, I was refering to #2. I already responded to the first one well here vvv
Going back to you...
Taking these as examples again, the layout would then look like:
(Section) 4: Weapons
(Subsection) 4.1: Melee Weapons
(Category) 4.1.1: Clubs Blunt Weapons
The individual entries under 4.1.1 would be converted to these subcategories with their own pages: Blunt One Handed Weapons and Blunt Two Handed Weapons (instead of individual weapons like Baseball Bat and Sledgehammer) with data of individual record-holding/notable weapons written in the pages.
By my stance on subsections, unnecessary in this instance. These weapons don't really fill up the screen from top to bottom yet.
@H3110l12345I20 Does this look better as a suggestion now?
What you're doing by "@[username]" is pinging, which on normal circumstances, not going to give the pinged user the notification to your reply. Only staff can do that, which then the ping would notify the user to the thread in question.

Also, damn I thought it could work, and when you say message walls, do you mean on the forum or on Fandom? (Sorry if it sounds stupid, I have not explored the entirety of the forum so I'm only familiar with the Fandom message walls, I assume the forum profile post is the closest equivalent there is)

Also I would IDEALLY go by any, but because I'm biologically cisgender male and borderline questioning about sexuality (with prominent masculine features like facial and body hair among other stuff), due to the constraints of social norms, the "Xe" pronoun is more of a WISHFUL IDEALISTIC THINKING sort of desire along the same lines as wanting to be genderfluid and bisexual/pansexual. I do hope it would be possible, but I doubt that freedom would be allowed to me especially considering my already existing autism and OCD, since the added non-conformity of being LGBTQIA+ on top of being already neurodivergent would be very problematic in the society I live in (sadly considering Singapore's societal norms and lack of support for LGBTQIA+ people let alone partners/couples or families, you'd probably be able to understand why) despite both my desire to have that liberation and also to understand the issues/challenges both communities face by being part of them (of which there is a surprisingly large overlap given that neurodivergent people are more likely to be LGBTQIA+ people and LGBTQIA+ people are more likely to be neurodivergent, but this is a correlation and not a causation).

Last edited:
2: I propose to also keep this thread open as a way for members who contribute to the Real World Thread to throw in ideas for additions to the page entries for discussion (or rather, if the first idea was to go through, with new additions and updates to the powers and stats of record-holding/notable individuals within their respective subcategories with regard to adding new data of specific entities, and also new subcategories, categories, subsections or sections with regard to reclassifying groups of entities or adding new groups of entities, for discussion). (Unless a new thread already exists for that purpose.)
Oh when I said this I meant that those of us who update the Real World Page and Thread could throw in ideas for addition of individual entities (such as armour/shields, weapons, vehicles, life forms excluding humans, but your Real World Discussion Thread already exists to fulfill this so... ehh maybe after the staff take a look at this and decide for sure whether or not it's necessary, not discounting your opinion here, then we can close this thread and move to the main discussion thread), or if the new layout was feasible (though as you said it's unnecessary this seems less likely), throw in ideas for adding data of individual record-holding/notable examples of armour/weapons/vehicles/lifeforms under the subcategories of their respective groups (so like Sarissas and Japanese pikes being 5-10 metres under the powers and abilities portion of the subcategory page of Sharp Two Handed Weapons which would include mostly polearms and long weapons like spears and warhammers)

Also, damn I thought it could work, and when you say message walls, do you mean on the forum or on Fandom? (Sorry if it sounds stupid, I have not explored the entirety of the forum so I'm only familiar with the Fandom message walls, I assume the forum profile post is the closest equivalent there is)
On forum.
No bumping very close to what hasn't been or close to a day already.

I'm not sure. It would make things more assembled, but the way the page is designed just makes things less complicated, despite not being as organized. I wouldn't mind the change, though. Bump

Last edited:
Back