• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Real life animals CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I was always iffy on the Dilophosaurus being Street Level+ considering the fact that it weighed more than an adult lion, which are physically Wall Level. So an upgrade for it would be nice.

Personally, I was always iffy on the Dilophosaurus being Street Level+ considering the fact that it weighed more than an adult lion, which are physically Wall Level. So an upgrade for it would be nice.
I mean that was based on its KE, which wasn't the best given Dilophosaurus wasn't as fast as a lion (and its primary method of attack is charging and headbutting).

I mean scientists tend to have a hard time estimating the speed of an animal that’s extinct. For all we know, it could have been faster than we thought.

I see, thank you for your help, Kaiju King

Dilophosaurus is probably 9-B, actually.

Jurassic Park, clearly. Jokes aside yeah I'll just delete that stuff and replace it with a way more generic explaination

The Mosasaurus was even worse lmao, but yeah it needs some more fixin'

That's great proof, actually. Bite marks prove it hunted and not just scavenged them and coprolites prove it succeeded, not that anyone would doub it. You can add it if you want.

"In 2018, Varricchio and colleagues disagreed with Evans and colleagues, citing that Stenonychosaurus had not been used in the thirty years since Currie and colleagues synonymized it with Troodon, and they indicated that "Troodon formosus remains the proper name for this taxon"." I don't care for nomenlature too much (seriously you're talking about ******* dinosaurs and you managed to get stuck over the most boring part?), but the animal we knew as Troodon Formosus still exists, name might change but the page is fine.

Man, Spinosaurus has one hell of a history in paleontology huh? This article's not even 2 months old. But it can probably be applied, not much will have to be changed anyway.

This is the only thing I could find and, lol

Yeah 9-C is totally fine, I mean look at the thing

What Armorchompy has accepted can probably be applied.

Considering the fact that Velociraptors are recently believed to not have hunted in packs, that article is most likely outdated

Last edited:
Yeah, that was it. Mostly a joke, not aimed at your expense or anything tho.

Considering the fact that Velociraptors are recently believed to not have hunted in packs, that article is most likely outdated

Wow, that's crazy. Dunno if it'll affect ratings tho. Might deserve a note at the bottom of the page, the idea of velociraptor hunting in groups is deeply rooted in human imagination thanks to movies.

Raptors in general are also believed to have went after prey that was around their size. Considering the fact that Velociraptor is much smaller than the Troodon and just as lightly built, I personally feel like it should be downgraded to be 10-B.

Definitely, it's currently tiered cause of KE but that oughta be removed anyway

I mean, it's still a huge animal, but it should probably be fixed yeah. Should this be turned into an all-purpose IRL revision thread? After all, new studies will always be coming, a place to have them isn't a bad idea.

I mean, it really depends on how many real life animals are going to be revised. Otherwise, I wouldn’t mind if it turns into a IRL thread.

We'll probably have to revise KE animals here, since that's not really being done rn. As for the rest, I mean this isn't an anime, new studies come out constantly and we have little choice but to accept their results, so keeping this open wouldn't be a terrible idea

We'll probably have to revise KE animals here, since that's not really being done rn. As for the rest, I mean this isn't an anime, new studies come out constantly and we have little choice but to accept their results, so keeping this open wouldn't be a terrible idea
Yeah, I tend to avoid KE unless I absolutely have to when focusing on real-world animals myself. For me, usually the diet of an animal and what it contended against matters most.

Yeah, I tend to avoid KE unless I absolutely have to when focusing on real-world animals myself. For me, usually the diet of an animal and what it contended against matters most.
It was already accepted that it shouldn't be used, it just has to be applied.

Since it seems like you have things under control here, I will unsubscribe to this thread. You can ask me later if you need my help with something.

Dilophosaurus is probably 9-B, actually.

Jurassic Park, clearly. Jokes aside yeah I'll just delete that stuff and replace it with a way more generic explaination

The Mosasaurus was even worse lmao, but yeah it needs some more fixin'

That's great proof, actually. Bite marks prove it hunted and not just scavenged them and coprolites prove it succeeded, not that anyone would doub it. You can add it if you want.

"In 2018, Varricchio and colleagues disagreed with Evans and colleagues, citing that Stenonychosaurus had not been used in the thirty years since Currie and colleagues synonymized it with Troodon, and they indicated that "Troodon formosus remains the proper name for this taxon"." I don't care for nomenlature too much (seriously you're talking about ******* dinosaurs and you managed to get stuck over the most boring part?), but the animal we knew as Troodon Formosus still exists, name might change but the page is fine.

Man, Spinosaurus has one hell of a history in paleontology huh? This article's not even 2 months old. But it can probably be applied, not much will have to be changed anyway.

This is the only thing I could find and, lol

Yeah 9-C is totally fine, I mean look at the thing
So Dilophosaurus bites could pierce bone from Sarahsaurus, an animal estimated to weigh 200 kilos.

I'll look for more from the big sea fellas. I posted some stuff for Mosasaurus already so we could check it out.

Fair enough on Troodon.

Yep.

I'll check extant animals too.

Are we gonna downgrade the Bull terrier and Husky to 10-A like the American Pitbull? Also is the Muskie fish being 9-C really justified? Attacking a human doesn't justify 9-C. Another note, coyotes vary wildly in size from 17 to 45+ pounds depending on the location. So maybe a 10-C to 10-C+ tier? Maybe even higher for the bigger specimens, I've heard medium sized dogs like Labradors get messed up pretty badly by lone large coyotes albeit the dog came out on top, though i'd have to look more into that.

Also why aren't wombats top tier of their verse

They can run 40 mph and can drink the blood of their foes

Are we gonna downgrade the Bull terrier and Husky to 10-A like the American Pitbull? Also is the Muskie fish being 9-C really justified? Attacking a human doesn't justify 9-C. Another note, coyotes vary wildly in size from 17 to 45+ pounds depending on the location. So maybe a 10-C to 10-C+ tier? Maybe even higher for the bigger specimens, I've heard medium sized dogs like Labradors get messed up pretty badly by lone large coyotes albeit the dog came out on top, though i'd have to look more into that.
Bigger question is what caused the downgrades from 9-C to 10-A? That being said...

1. I can also agree. The way I see it, just injuring a human doesn't count. Seriously injuring or killing a human, however, would qualify for 9-C, however. I guess their justification came from a similar fish (barricudas) having achieved the task on many occasions:

Dunno anything about muskies, though.
2. Seems fair. They had regular if inconclusive matchups with raccoons.

Also why aren't wombats top tier of their verse

They can run 40 mph and can drink the blood of their foes
Tasmanian Devils. Those guys can eat some pretty large wombats (30 kg; that's near the upper limit for wombat size).

They were downgraded cause they really don't have any actual strength feat that puts them at 9-C really. Either way this looks fine

They were downgraded cause they really don't have any actual strength feat that puts them at 9-C really. Either way this looks fine
I'm a supporter of the 10-A pitbulls/huskies and dogs of that size. I know several people irl who, despite being average, have defended themselves against an attacking medium sized dog. They were usually Staffordshire terriers/Rottweilers, German Shepherds or American Bulldogs.

9-C dogs should be Anatolian Shepherds and English Mastiffs. Those are dogs I'd imagine only the strongest humans would be needed to stand a chance against one in a fair fight to be honest.

Also some more stuff

Green Iguana page, people have suffered serious injuries from those animals, they've lost the tips of their fingers and needed dozens of stitches. Just look up Iguana bite injuries. So maybe add that to their profiles?

Also Green Anacondas need two keys for male and female just like the saltwater crocodile, the size difference between the two genders is quite large. And i doubt a male anaconda would be 9-C+.

I'm a supporter of the 10-A pitbulls/huskies and dogs of that size. I know several people irl who, despite being average, have defended themselves against an attacking medium sized dog. They were usually Staffordshire terriers/Rottweilers, German Shepherds or American Bulldogs.

9-C dogs should be Anatolian Shepherds and English Mastiffs. Those are dogs I'd imagine only the strongest humans would be needed to stand a chance against one in a fair fight to be honest.
Yeah I can agree
Also some more stuff

Green Iguana page, people have suffered serious injuries from those animals, they've lost the tips of their fingers and needed dozens of stitches. Just look up Iguana bite injuries. So maybe add that to their profiles?

Also Green Anacondas need two keys for male and female just like the saltwater crocodile, the size difference between the two genders is quite large. And i doubt a male anaconda would be 9-C+.
I'm not against that, but iirc male anacondas can still crack bones- i dunno tho

So maybe 10-A for male anacondas? I think that depends on what bone would crack. I don't think an arm or hand would be as hard as a femur or skull.

I dunno, if we can't find anything about their strength I think it's better not to acknowledge them in our page

Fair enough. Also is the goldfish really worth having a page for lmao

Edit: there's a lot of pages of animals that can't really fight, so i agree with you on the first post saying there should be more deletions.

Last edited:
It should be noted that most researchers tend to have a hard time estimating the average weight of a wild animal. For all we know, if a coyote for example has a minimum weight of 17 pounds, then it is likely that it might be either young or emaciated. Same for animals with low minimum weights.

I mean if something's weak that's still noteworthy in a way

If an average chimp is Athlete level+, would this mean that a larger chimp could potentially be Street level?

I put the + there to shut people up, in truth we don't really have enough for that either. And yes, it's a possibility, but not enough for a concrete rating unless we start logging in freaks like Bruno, and that's not good when indexing a whole species.

I mean, considering that chimpanzees, on average, weighs as much as cheetahs do, I find it rather odd that a lanky cat is considered to be Street level while the chimp isn’t.

Funny you should say that, I was also going to downgrade cheetahs, but I was opposed by someone- I did not agree with his arguments but we never reached a conclusion, so I left it there, but I believe it might be about time to downgrade it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back