• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Read Comic Online right clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read Comic Online decided to disable right clicking for whatever reason (even on mobile), so if you can't download images, its not your computer's issue

It still is possible to use left click to drag a page into another tab, or drag it to imgur

Or you could use the google chrome store to download something that bypasses things that block right clicking, just look up "right click extension" or something

Last edited by a moderator:
We do not allow direct linking to illegal comic hosting sites, for security reasons, as we do not want to be shut down, so we have automatic word filters in place.

I reworded what you said so it is possible to understand you.

I don't think he was talking about making links it per say, but just mentioning a concern with the platform that arose.

Read Comic Online decided to disable right clicking for whatever reason (even on mobile), so if you can't download images, its not your computer's issue

It still is possible to use left click to drag a page into another tab, or drag it to imgur

Or you could use the google chrome store to download something that bypasses things that block right clicking, just look up "right click extension" or something
If you have Windows 10 you can crop-screenshot.

If you hold left click on the image, drag it next to the tabs, it will open the image in a new tab and then the normal options will pop up.
This seems like good advice then. Can others here check if it works for them?

Btw, on some chromium browsers, like Whale, you gotta activate it manually each time you visit. One extra click, but it's worth it.

Thank you for helping out.

Is it an official extension that has been tested by Google, or is it potentially dangerous or vulnerability-creating?

No, not published by Google - Google wouldn't do something useful like this. But it merely disable certain aspects of Java script which prevents the right click from popping up.
Okay, and are you certain that it is safe for our members?

Also, is there a similar extension for Firefox as well?

Define safe?

Cos this isn't doing much aside from disabling a specific java script code automatically instead of a user doing it manually. As for Firefox... Should, not sure. Haven't used that in years

Extensions you can download from the chrome store are often safe.

Alternativly, if people don't want to install anything, may i suggest using Chromes development tool. Its a bit more complicated if youre not tech savvy, but it is really helpful once you get the hang of it. I can rip, for example, Confluctors abomination of a banner without any problems:
opn7npf.jpg

You can access the development tool via the F12 key or via strg + shift + i. Nearly every image a website uses is stored within the sources section

abomination
Them fighting words, boomer

But yeah, Chrome extensions usually go through a security and safety process iirc. Google has to approve them before they can be made public.

Although I wouldn't recommend developer tools unless you know what you are doing. Sometimes you can accidentally make it worse.

Them fighting words, boomer

But yeah, Chrome extensions usually go through a security and safety process iirc. Google has to approve them before they can be made public.

Although I wouldn't recommend developer tools unless you know what you are doing. Sometimes you can accidentally make it worse.
Try your luck zoomer.

I have by god never seen anyone make anything bug with the development tool. At worst youre stuck in a white hellhole full of rainbow code until you figured out that pressing F12 again makes it go away. It is definitly not the easiest method, but once you get the hang of it (And honestly, it is really just going to the Sources section and searching for whatever you require) you won't need anything beyond that.

If you mess something up with inspect element you could always just refresh the page.
I've been using it to rip "locked" images for years.

I don't think it's appropiate to prominently feature (this is the News and Announcements board) suggestions on circumventing stuff on a piracy website when we block links to it to avoid being striked down for copyright.

I don't think it's appropiate to prominently feature (this is the News and Announcements board) suggestions on circumventing stuff on a piracy website when we block links to it to avoid being striked down for copyright.
Idk about you, but it's useful and important to most of us capeshit supporters.

Yeah yeah, but at the same time this basically paints us as supporting piracy, which can get us in trouble to say the least, and defeats the whole point of heavily discouraging promotion about piracy websites.

Well, one thing is getting sources from questionable places, another is straight up admitting so and more importantly promoting that publically.
By that logic we may as well remove the blacklisting of piracy sites.

another is straight up admitting
People don't admit because literally everyone knows? I mean, literally the scans have ''READC0MICONL1NE'' written there.
By that logic we may as well remove the blacklisting of piracy sites.
it is blacklisted because it can bring problems to the site due to how fandom works, but this case is just one of several google extensions

I will ask the other bureaucrats if we should delete this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back