• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabazab

Username Only
Was doing some re-reading so I gathered some abilities that Reid displays in the later chapters of Arc 6 of Re:Zero, that I think should be added to his profile.

Conceptual Manipulation

Currently on Reid Astrea's profile he is listed as having Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation due to being stated to cut concepts and kill the concept of sound and light. This is true and accurate, but it's only a part of Reid's actual ability.

In reality, Reid's conceptual manipulation stems not just from slashing down concepts, but from his swordsmanship literally embodying the notion- or concept- of the sword.

In the two scans currently used for Reid's concept hax, the Japanese word that is translated as concept is 概念, which can mean concept/notion/idea etc.

On the very same page where Reid is stated to kill the concept (概念) of sound and light, Reid is stated to have achieved the manifestation of the notion (概念) of the sword, and since a sword is something that slashes objects down, the manifestation of the concept of the sword will slash down all objects in the world:

Killing the very concept (概念) of sound and light, Reid’s flash cleaved space.

He would affirm. Should it be the stipulated sword or the chopsticks, regardless, come what may in that flash’s path, it would be slashed down.

For that was, the very manifestation of the [notion/concept] (概念) of the 『Sword』.

The 『Sword』 was that which was brought forth for the purpose of slashing objects down.

And sword moves, was the term denoting the techniques for slashing objects down with that sword.

Henceforth, the flash which slashed down all objects in the world, was the culmination, and the long-cherished original desire, of the 『Sword』 and of 『Sword Moves』.

Those slashed by it, would not forget the truth of having been slashed down for eternity.

Thus, the scar Julius Juukulius sustained beneath his left eye, shall not fade away for eternity.

That was the indemnification for having dodged the Sword Saint’s flash, from a distance near enough to graze past. - Arc 6 Chapter 85 "Good Loser"

I think this should give him Durability Negation via his Conceptual Manipulation, and this should be added to Reid's Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation justification/explanation.

Regeneration Negation

He should also get conceptual(?) Regeneration Negation for his slashes affecting their target for eternity, never fading even after his death, though I'm not sure myself as to what degree it should have.

Henceforth, the flash which slashed down all objects in the world, was the culmination, and the long-cherished original desire, of the 『Sword』 and of 『Sword Moves』.

Those slashed by it, would not forget the truth of having been slashed down for eternity.

Thus, the scar Julius Juukulius sustained beneath his left eye, shall not fade away for eternity.

That was the indemnification for having dodged the Sword Saint’s flash, from a distance near enough to graze past.
- Arc 6 Chapter 85 "Good Loser"

Power Nullification

Using his swordsmanship concept hax, Reid is able to slash down Magic and even Authorities, destroying their effects.

Subaru: “Severing the connection between me and Ram…? In the first place, how did that even…”

Reid: “I just told’cha. I slash down what I wanna slash down, live where I wanna live, and sleep with women I wanna sleep with―― I slashed down that borin’ game, all while hummin’.”

So did Reid declare without a care.

Cutting things which could not be seen. Alternatively, cutting connections which did not exist materially.

Was the capability of doing so, the true ability of the existence named the Sword Saint? - Arc 6 Chapter 69 "The Absurd Iron Hammer of the Sword"

At a single glance, it could be understood that it was a great magic that affected space.

This was more of an issue of imaging it so, rather than having knowledge about it. Subaru had heard of Beatrice being a wasteful Spirit, but the actual power held by truly great magic could not even be in the same league of comparison.
Subaru had been unaware, that this was even possible. This was, a harvest.

That black hole swallowed Reid, and repelled away his Sword Saint off to somewhere unknown――

Reid: “The hell, it’s just air. Somethin’ like air’s everywhere, as if it’d stop me.”

With just a single swing of his chopsticks, Reid broke through that immense magic with extreme easiness.

A carefree attitude as if, quite literally, slashing through air―― no, for him, it truly was exactly that. He did not have the nature of taking roundabouts around something which he was capable of doing and then boasting about it.

He had slashed the air, so that was his explanation. That was all there was to it. - Arc 6 Chapter 71 "Count One"

The radiance of rainbow clad in six elements, broke through all shields and shattered the target. Hence, before the rainbow-colored light, the options left for the opponent were merely two―― to take up the gauntlet, or to evade.

Reid: “――Haa.”

And in accordance with his personality, Reid Astrea would not dodge the radiance of rainbow.

Responding to the radiance of rainbow surging forward in front, Reid raised his burly arms and slashed down the sharp edge of the ordained sword he was gripping to.

With no reliance on special Magic or Divine Protections, a 『Sword Move』 named as pure violence―― with a sole swing, it expunged the maximal magic Julius had fired with all his might. - Arc 6 Chapter 85 "Good Loser"

Attack Reflection

Reid is able to use a technique to transfer the impact of blunt force damage out of his body. This would apply to punches, kicks, clubs, etc, but would not apply to slicing, piercing, and similarly non-blunt forces.

Julius: “You had all of Miss Ram’s attacks escape onto the floor with the bottom of your feet, was it.”

Reid: “It’s a technique a woman friend of mine, Trisha, used to be good at, ya see.”

Reid laughed with a “Kaka”, as he firmly stomped his zori on the aisle.

Hearing the conversation of the two, Subaru, while continuing to shiver, glanced at the crevices of the aisle. The endless wounds born onto the aisle were proof of Reid having directed Ram’s attacks onto the corridor.

It was perhaps some technique to direct the impact of blows towards someplace else
―― It could be said to be the culmination of martial arts.

Subaru: “…Ah.”

And in fact, when Ram’s initial blow had stabbed into him, Subaru too had witnessed the aisle tremendously fissure with his own eyes. Same applied to all subsequent consecutive strikes. - Arc 6 Chapter 69 "The Absurd Iron Hammer of the Sword"

This was already on Reid's profile but was only listed under martial arts.

The Divine General Olbart also uses the same technique to transfer force out of his body and into the ground or back at his opponent.

Undoubtedly, there had been a sensation of something touching the surface of his gauntlet. Nevertheless, a bitter sound escaped his own mouth, and Garfiel stared in shock as his thoughts were struck by an impact.

An impact had struck him in the back. Someone’s small foot or toe had been perfectly placed on Garfiel’s back. An absurd kick―― No, that was wrong.

Olbart: “That was entirely yer own punch. I just let it pass through my body, and returned it ta ya.”

A voice answered his doubt, and every bone in Garfiel’s body creaked as his eyes widened. - Arc 7 Chapter 95 "Enemies on All Bastions

With a boom, the impact of the crash shook the earth, and a cloud of dust ascended from the smashed ground as if there had been an explosion. The dust rained down upon the heads of the rebels who had been stopped by Olbart.

Perhaps, Olbart would have been smashed to pieces after being struck by so much firepower. However――

Garfiel: “Wha…”

Garfiel’s eyes widened at the sight before his eyes.

Before his eyes, Garfiel’s fists had slammed into Olbart’s head from both sides, as if sandwiching him.

There had been a solid impact, a resistance, which Garfiel had felt through the recoil in his arms.

Despite this, the old man, his head caught between Garfiel’s fists, showed his white teeth and smile, and then,

Olbart: “Incredible, isn’t it? I just released the power of yer attack into the ground.”

Garfiel: “――Ah.”

Olbart: “Well, the ground exploded ‘cause you’ve got some dangerous arm strength, tho’.”

Immediately after finishing his words, the old man’s face, trapped between his fists, slipped out from underneath. Garfiel followed him with his gaze, but, - Arc 7 Chapter 95 "Enemies on All Bastions"

Resistance to either Analytical Prediction or Information Analysis

The verticality, horizontality, and depth of Reid's slash was unreadable, and Julius sensed it not as a menace.

The white light bestowed strength upon the entirety of Julius’s build, the black light weakened the might of Julius’s enemy however meagerly. The paltry differentiation born in those moments, was a central force in the outcome that followed immediately.

Reid: “――――”

With the ice ceiling turned foothold shattering to fragments, Reid’s hurled form blurred due to his velocity.

The artless stance of the ordained sword launched a sort of ultimate move, its verticality, horizontality, depth all unreadable―― sensing it not as a menace, Julius held his chest steady and confronted it.

The withstanding truth was that, upon the crossing of a sword slash and a sword slash, the stronger side would repel the other.

Thus, Julius opened his eyes―― The eyes which had continually, perpetually watched that which proceeded upwards, proceeded forwards. - Arc 6 Chapter 85 "Good Loser"

Julius has analytical precog and no information analysis to my knowledge, but to me this reads more like resisting information analysis, so I'm not sure what to call this.

That's about it. I'd especially appreciate feedback on how to judge his regen negation and possible resistance to A-precog/info analysis.

Agree: @Phoenks , @VortechsTG , @Fezzih_007 , @Greatsage13th , @SatellaTheWoE , @Celestial_Pegasus , @DigiAnymore , @DarkDragonMedeus

Disagree: @/Phoenks (On Regen Neg), @/Vortechs (On A-Precog/Info Analysis), @/Fezzih_007 (On Regen Neg & A-Precog), @/Greatsage13th (On A-Precog), @/Celestial_Pegasus (On A-Precog)

Neutral: @/Phoenks (On A-Precog), @/Greatsage13th (On Regen Neg), @/SatellaTheWoE (On Regen Neg)

Last edited:
Agree with the Concept Manipulation addition, though not sure how much utility that has.

Agree with Durability Negation. He should already have this via other feats and abilities as well.

Disagree with Regeneration Negation. He has no feats of this and concept manipulation doesn't automatically give you regeneration negation.

Agree with Power Nullification.

Agree with Attack Reflection.

Neutral on the resistance to Analytical Prediction.

Disagree with Regeneration Negation. He has no feats of this and concept manipulation doesn't automatically give you regeneration negation.

It was in the above quote, but I'll pinpoint it:

That was the indemnification for having dodged the Sword Saint’s flash, from a distance near enough to graze past.
- Arc 6 Chapter 85 "Good Loser"

Conceptual Manipulation

Currently on Reid Astrea's profile he is listed as having Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation due to being stated to cut concepts and kill the concept of sound and light. This is true and accurate, but it's only a part of Reid's actual ability.

In reality, Reid's conceptual manipulation stems not just from slashing down concepts, but from his swordsmanship literally embodying the notion- or concept- of the sword.

In the two scans currently used for Reid's concept hax, the Japanese word that is translated as concept is 概念, which can mean concept/notion/idea etc.

On the very same page where Reid is stated to kill the concept (概念) of sound and light, Reid is stated to have achieved the manifestation of the notion (概念) of the sword, and since a sword is something that slashes objects down, the manifestation of the concept of the sword will slash down all objects in the world:

Killing the very concept (概念) of sound and light, Reid’s flash cleaved space.

He would affirm. Should it be the stipulated sword or the chopsticks, regardless, come what may in that flash’s path, it would be slashed down.

For that was, the very manifestation of the [notion/concept] (概念) of the 『Sword』.

The 『Sword』 was that which was brought forth for the purpose of slashing objects down.

And sword moves, was the term denoting the techniques for slashing objects down with that sword.

That was the indemnification for having dodged the Sword Saint’s flash, from a distance near enough to graze past. - Arc 6 Chapter 85 "Good Loser"
I agree with this, the justification always seems weird for me. AGREE
I think this should give him Durability Negation via his Conceptual Manipulation, and this should be added to Reid's Type 2 Conceptual Manipulation justification/explanation.
I think that's fine... AGREE
Regeneration Negation

He should also get conceptual(?) Regeneration Negation for the above statement/feat as well, though I'm not sure myself as to what degree.
Having Conceptual Manipulation don't give you regeneration Negation, you need to have feats for that. DISAGREE
Power Nullification

Using his swordsmanship concept hax, Reid is able to slash down Magic and even Authorities, destroying their effects.

Subaru: “Severing the connection between me and Ram…? In the first place, how did that even…”

Reid: “I just told’cha. I slash down what I wanna slash down, live where I wanna live, and sleep with women I wanna sleep with―― I slashed down that borin’ game, all while hummin’.”

So did Reid declare without a care.

Cutting things which could not be seen. Alternatively, cutting connections which did not exist materially.

Was the capability of doing so, the true ability of the existence named the Sword Saint? - Arc 6 Chapter 69 "The Absurd Iron Hammer of the Sword"

At a single glance, it could be understood that it was a great magic that affected space.

This was more of an issue of imaging it so, rather than having knowledge about it. Subaru had heard of Beatrice being a wasteful Spirit, but the actual power held by truly great magic could not even be in the same league of comparison.
Subaru had been unaware, that this was even possible. This was, a harvest.

That black hole swallowed Reid, and repelled away his Sword Saint off to somewhere unknown――

Reid: “The hell, it’s just air. Somethin’ like air’s everywhere, as if it’d stop me.”

With just a single swing of his chopsticks, Reid broke through that immense magic with extreme easiness.

A carefree attitude as if, quite literally, slashing through air―― no, for him, it truly was exactly that. He did not have the nature of taking roundabouts around something which he was capable of doing and then boasting about it.

He had slashed the air, so that was his explanation. That was all there was to it. - Arc 6 Chapter 71 "Count One"

The radiance of rainbow clad in six elements, broke through all shields and shattered the target. Hence, before the rainbow-colored light, the options left for the opponent were merely two―― to take up the gauntlet, or to evade.

Reid: “――Haa.”

And in accordance with his personality, Reid Astrea would not dodge the radiance of rainbow.

Responding to the radiance of rainbow surging forward in front, Reid raised his burly arms and slashed down the sharp edge of the ordained sword he was gripping to.

With no reliance on special Magic or Divine Protections, a 『Sword Move』 named as pure violence―― with a sole swing, it expunged the maximal magic Julius had fired with all his might. - Arc 6 Chapter 85 "Good Loser"
I think this is correct enough. AGREE
Attack Reflection

Reid is able to use a technique to transfer the impact of blunt force damage out of his body. This would apply to punches, kicks, clubs, etc, but would not apply to slicing, piercing, and similarly non-blunt forces.

Julius: “You had all of Miss Ram’s attacks escape onto the floor with the bottom of your feet, was it.”

Reid: “It’s a technique a woman friend of mine, Trisha, used to be good at, ya see.”

Reid laughed with a “Kaka”, as he firmly stomped his zori on the aisle.

Hearing the conversation of the two, Subaru, while continuing to shiver, glanced at the crevices of the aisle. The endless wounds born onto the aisle were proof of Reid having directed Ram’s attacks onto the corridor.

It was perhaps some technique to direct the impact of blows towards someplace else
―― It could be said to be the culmination of martial arts.

Subaru: “…Ah.”

And in fact, when Ram’s initial blow had stabbed into him, Subaru too had witnessed the aisle tremendously fissure with his own eyes. Same applied to all subsequent consecutive strikes. - Arc 6 Chapter 69 "The Absurd Iron Hammer of the Sword"

This was already on Reid's profile but was only listed under martial arts.

The Divine General Olbart also uses the same technique to transfer force out of his body and into the ground or back at his opponent.

Undoubtedly, there had been a sensation of something touching the surface of his gauntlet. Nevertheless, a bitter sound escaped his own mouth, and Garfiel stared in shock as his thoughts were struck by an impact.

An impact had struck him in the back. Someone’s small foot or toe had been perfectly placed on Garfiel’s back. An absurd kick―― No, that was wrong.

Olbart: “That was entirely yer own punch. I just let it pass through my body, and returned it ta ya.”

A voice answered his doubt, and every bone in Garfiel’s body creaked as his eyes widened. - Arc 7 Chapter 95 "Enemies on All Bastions

With a boom, the impact of the crash shook the earth, and a cloud of dust ascended from the smashed ground as if there had been an explosion. The dust rained down upon the heads of the rebels who had been stopped by Olbart.

Perhaps, Olbart would have been smashed to pieces after being struck by so much firepower. However――

Garfiel: “Wha…”

Garfiel’s eyes widened at the sight before his eyes.

Before his eyes, Garfiel’s fists had slammed into Olbart’s head from both sides, as if sandwiching him.

There had been a solid impact, a resistance, which Garfiel had felt through the recoil in his arms.

Despite this, the old man, his head caught between Garfiel’s fists, showed his white teeth and smile, and then,

Olbart: “Incredible, isn’t it? I just released the power of yer attack into the ground.”

Garfiel: “――Ah.”

Olbart: “Well, the ground exploded ‘cause you’ve got some dangerous arm strength, tho’.”

Immediately after finishing his words, the old man’s face, trapped between his fists, slipped out from underneath. Garfiel followed him with his gaze, but, - Arc 7 Chapter 95 "Enemies on All Bastions"
Hmmmm that's seems okay. AGREE
Resistance to either Analytical Prediction or Information Analysis

The verticality, horizontality, and depth of Reid's slash was unreadable, and Julius sensed it not as a menace.

The white light bestowed strength upon the entirety of Julius’s build, the black light weakened the might of Julius’s enemy however meagerly. The paltry differentiation born in those moments, was a central force in the outcome that followed immediately.

Reid: “――――”

With the ice ceiling turned foothold shattering to fragments, Reid’s hurled form blurred due to his velocity.

The artless stance of the ordained sword launched a sort of ultimate move, its verticality, horizontality, depth all unreadable―― sensing it not as a menace, Julius held his chest steady and confronted it.

The withstanding truth was that, upon the crossing of a sword slash and a sword slash, the stronger side would repel the other.

Thus, Julius opened his eyes―― The eyes which had continually, perpetually watched that which proceeded upwards, proceeded forwards. - Arc 6 Chapter 85 "Good Loser"

Julius has analytical precog and no information analysis to my knowledge, but to me this reads more like resisting information analysis, so I'm not sure what to call this.

That's about it. I'd especially appreciate feedback on how to judge his regen negation and possible resistance to A-precog/info analysis.
I don't think that's resistance to analytical prediction. DISAGREE

Julius sill healed, it just is a scar that will never fade.

I don't think it's Regen negation tbh. At least not in a way that really matters for indexing.
Adding onto this. Thought about it a little more.

Maybe it could work in a way that's similar to the Shinigami blessing.

If Reid was to cut someone's arm off, for example, I would guess it would conceptually always remain that way as the "scar" never fades. The same for other severe wounds.

However, I'm not exactly sure how we would go about rating it.

In my interpretation, it would just mean that you can't ever completely heal the wounds he inflicts, similar to Theresia but on an even deeper level. So maybe you could say it's Low-High Regen negation based on what Tappei said about her blessing.

I'll wait for more input though.

Julius' scar is the kind of wound that could easily have been completely healed with healing magic which is shown to not leave scars. What appears to be happening here is Julius only being able to heal from it by normal bodily regen. That's certainly, well, a form of regeneration negation of some sort.

But it could open up again when Reid is close just like the blessing of the Shinigami. After all he is all but confirmed to have created that blessing.

So it's a little hard to make an argument for how to add it to his profile but it certainly is some kind of regen negation.

The last one looks like his usual stupendous skill. He slashed up down left right and everything in between.

The scar is explicitly supernatural in nature according to the text, however the fact that it was such a shallow wound and that it is conceptual in nature makes it difficult to judge how potent this is.

The wound was shallow enough that it should not have scarred considering that Qua, Julius' fully-bloomed Water Spirit was with him. We see that wounds Theresia has dealt will close up with enough distance and fully heal after her death.

We also see that wounds dealt by Reinhard's white flash do not heal when afflicted onto Elsa, at least. The implication that the Dragon Sword Reid can leave abnormal wounds that will not heal is very interesting, considering it's extremely deep connection to Reid.

So I'm fine with Low-High for disrupting Julius' and Qua's ability to heal it even after Reid's death, the Dragon Sword Reid being suggested as possibly having regen neg superior to Reinhard's itself, and Reid's all but confirmed connection to the Shinigami Blessing.

Or High-Mid for being comparable to Reinhard's white flash, which prevented Elsa's regen.

The scar is explicitly supernatural in nature according to the text
Is It? Because besides the "eternity" part, that looks like floral lenguage, i don't see how is supernatural, he cuts Julius eye and leave a scar there, very normal. Are sprit able to heal scars?

It is literal, because the rest of the paragraph was literal, Reid's swordsmanship literally manifests the concept of the Sword, and that which is slashed down by the very concept of the Sword will never forget the truth of having been slashed down for eternity.

It depends on ability with healing magic. Qua is a fully-bloomed Water Spirit and should easily be able to heal a small cut without leaving a scar.

Can you show the scan of Reid being confirmed to have created the Shinigami blessing.

With that piece of evidence I'd be fine with giving him Low-High negation.

I think he should definitely be superior to both Reinhard and Theresia in this aspect.

Oh no it's not confirmed, it's the same as like the idea of Reid being the Sword God, it's probably the case but there's zero confirmation.

48 hours have passed, just gotta wait for one more staff approval now.

Thank you very much, will apply the agreed upon changes:

• Additional Concept Hax explanation
  • Dura neg (via concept hax, and pre-existing space-time hax)
  • High-Mid regen neg
  • Power null
  • Attack reflection
  • Resistence to info analysis

Actually, before this gets closed there are a few inaccuracies with the ratings on Reid's page.

For example, it says he's 7-B, likely High 6-C with the Dragon Sword Reid.

What does this mean exactly? That he's only those tiers with the sword? Or that the sword is likely High 6-C?

Also, the durability and striking strength say "possibly" so I'm confused. Also, he gets better durability with the sword?

Idk, it's very confusing.

I think it's because Reinhard with the DSR is the no.1 top tier in the verse hands down, so down scaling is hard. Usually if a character can fight another character they'd get durability equivalent to the opponents AP.

Volcanica can give Reinhard with DSR a good fight, Satella is stronger than Volcanica, and Reid can cause trouble for Reinhard (as well as legends saying he defeated Volcanica with the DSR).

Personally I think the top tiers (tier 6 ap characters) goes like Reinhard>Satella>Reid>Volcanica>OG Ram>Sekhmet

If you wanna change the wording you probably just can if Pegasus gives the thumbs up since he's not too bothered about vague top tiers.

Ugh. This is difficult because the exact scaling and power of the top tiers is such a mystery in Re Zero.

But going by the wording of the current pages I would say 7-B top tiers doesn't even make sense.

If Reinhard is able to fight Satella endlessly with the Dragon Sword drawn I would say that makes Satella solidly High 6-C.

Which would make Reid High 6-C, which would make Reinhard without the dragon Sword High 6-C, and so on...

Idk, maybe I should look more into it.

Reid specifically is mentioned to have the exact same strength whether he's wielding a sharpened sword or a wooden chopstick, but then he also apparantly used the Dragonsword to beat Volcanica, and it was stated "If Reinhard draws the Dragonsword, he will be able to fight Volcanica", and that wording certainly has implications.

If you come to a conclusion on what rating top tiers should get or want another opinion just say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back