• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raziel Acausality Removal/Acausality Page Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnaa

VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Gold Supporter
Raziel is currently the only example on the Acausality page for Type 2, but from the description of it it sounds nothing like type 2 acausality, more like resistance to fate manip and type 1 or type 4 acausality.

I asked Antoniofer (an expert on the character) about this, and he agreed that Raziel shouldn't have type 2.

So, I'd like that to be changed, and a new example for type 2 acausality to be added.

I'm not familiar with Alien X (and from what little I've heard I'd expect he has it), but a fair bit of Shulk's evidence doesn't seem to give type 2:
  • "Exists outside of the Passage of Fate" This doesn't imply only being at one point in history imo, it implies not existing within it entirely. Unless it's actually just referring to fate, in which case this is resistance to fate manip.
  • "Was unable to be seen through Precognition of Zanza during their fight" This is just resistance to precognition, and can come from many types of acausality. We don't assume that everyone who resists precog in their verse only exists at a single point in time.
  • "Was capable of retaining his memories after the universal reset" This has nothing at all to do with acausality...
Maybe the descriptions on the profile aren't the actual substantive evidence, but this doesn't seem like valid type 2 to me.

Yeah, Raziel should be removed in said case, his description seriously isn't Type 2 and if Antonio agreed with it, then it should ok.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the simplest (and correct) application for type 2 acausality, is to only exist in the present? (so unlike type 1 acausals who couldn't careless about their younger self getting killed, type 2 acausals don't actually have a younger or older self in the first place).

Ye.

Bump.

Bump.

@Yuri I looked through all the Tokyo Babel profiles and couldn't find any with Type 2 Acausality.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

I don't know of any examples, but if you know of some people who might, I can ping them here.

I don't know, sorry.

SCP-682 has Acausality type 2. That’s a popular character, but I believe he’s moreso known for his Adaption.
Sadly, I cannot comment on the Raziel suggestion, as I don’t know enough about the verse to do so. I apologize.

682 only has Type 1 Acausality.

Hm, I could’ve sworn he had type 2. My bad then.
Alien X from Ben 10 has Type 2 Acausality
Alien X is a very poor example. His comes from an Author Statement, nothing shown in Canon. It also says that the Present and Future Ben can’t be using him at the same time- which makes no sense, because if Present Ben is using him, future Ben is using him by default, so if he truly only exists in the present why can Future or Past Ben use him bla bla bla...
Very confusing, some people question why it was accepted.

Well, at least Alien X actually has the ability as defined on his profile, even if there is some lore weirdness behind it. If no-one else brings more examples forward we could just Raziel right now and add Alien X as the only example for now.

The Acausality page would need to be unlocked.

Alright, with that I've replaced Raziel's type 2 with resistance to fate manip.

People could suggest more characters to use as Acausality Type 2 examples, but we don't strictly need them now, so this thread could be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back