• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayne VS Motoko Kusanagi

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
This should be fun.

Battle takes place in an industrial warehouse, with both characters starting off behind cover at 50 meters.

Otherwise SBA

The Dhampir: 1 (Gargoyle One)

The Major: 0

Inconclusive: 0

You had to pick that one anime classic I still haven't sat down to watch

you just had to

You haven't watched Stand Alone Complex yet?

Or are you telling me you haven't watched any GitS media before?

Nothing Ghost in the Shell at all

I've watched Cowboy Bebop

I've watched Trigun

I've watched Akira

I've watched Yu Yu Hakusho

I haven't watched Ghost in the Shell

You're ******* kidding me...

At the very least, you should watch the first film somewhere. I mean damn.

Kay I will

meanwhile I'm totally going with the Buddy idea

Rayne probably

Mistook is arguably the more proffesional one and overall has a more cool headed mindset, but aside from that Rayne trumps her in almost every other category and her versatility is a great edge

Mitoko being an android means incap will be hard without destroying limbs. But she should be able to use her versatility and duplicate to help out

>"Mistook"

Autocorrect is killing you too, huh?

Joking aside, I'll count that. Seems like a fairly solid vote.

This is a tought one, Kusanagi seems more intelligent and tactic and due to her being part machine it makes some Rayne powers useless; meanwhile Rayne has the time dilatation thing and maybe experience advantage, furthermore I don't thing a cyborg like Kusanagi has dealt with a supernatural being that let her some minor advantage, bad thing she has some weakness that can be exploded.

I would vote for Kusanagi for now.

Rayne's powers being useless doesn't mean anything as half of her notable fights involve people she couldn't use her powers on until after being defeated.

Never said said it was a decisive factor, it just limit blood sucking and poison abilities, I don't think she can control the blood of other people or how the possession works, she still can use its combat abilities and skill normally.

There's never miss someone that ask how an ability works in combat, pointing that out would reduce that, not all users known about that. Both fighter combat abilities seems to be advanced, so I go after the one with superior tactics abilities, although think may win in experience.

I can't tell, I do not known the character but looking at her profile it seems to have more tactical abilities like hacking, stealth mastery and genius intellect (proper of a living AI I guess). Although, if you known her more than me your the one that should explain her to us.

I already expained why, but in a limited way since I only extreacted info from her profile and not beyond; I can change the vote at anytime, but for now I'll stay with robot lady.

Yes, but just saying "She has better tactics" alone doesn't explain her victory

Especially when this is a fight not a plane ahead and Rayne wins at everything else

Antoniofer said:
I don't think she can control the blood of other people or how the possession works, she still can use its combat abilities and skill normally.
Blood manipulation is just a few varying attacks involving blood. The Carpathian Dragons shoot projectiles distilled from blood, and Rayne can summon a limited AoE whirlwind of blood that kills any normal enemy and severely damages bosses. "Ghost Feed" also summons a spiritual double of her that runs up to an enemy and sucks the blood out of them, transferring it to her.

Possession comes from her move "Enthrall", where she summons her spirit double and has it enter the body of any one enemy she chooses, making them fight for her.

The Carpathian Dragons also give Rayne access to stickybomb-esque explosives, flame attacks that set fire to whoever they hit, and a pseudo rocket launcher firing mode. (Nobody brought these up, so I felt the need to)

True, the machine is faster only being supered by the time slow thingy, and advantages that I already mentioned above, it also seems she have several mental powers but don't known how does they work; but looking at the page again it seems like she do not have a calc and its justifications is summoning (?). Most likely Rayne surpass Kusanagi in AP, but not sure for how much.

I may change my vote to inconclusive as I always do.

Back