• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ratchet & Clank (2016) Profiles Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Time to fix up the Ratchet & Clank (2016) profiles.

Profiles

Ratchet

Here is our current version...

And here is my improved version...

Dr. Nefarious

Here is our current version...

And here is my improved version...

As you can see, a lot of stuff was missing, to the point where it seemed like the profiles where unfinished, and the rating justifications were a bit odd. But I've added scans for their weapons that give in game descriptions and showcases.

Deplanetiser

As for the 5-B rating for Dr. Nefarious (Deplanetiser)

Chairman Drek and Dr. Nefarious used what is known as a "Deplanetiser" to destroy planets (not fully) and take specific remains of those planets to construct their own planet. From what I've seen, we don't simply give ratings anymore without a calc or stated value so until a calc is made for this feat of the Deplanetiser in action, it's rating will be unknown for now. Ratchet's RYNO Xtreme!!! will scale to the Deplanetiser via statements. I've also already asked the feat to be calced on the Calculation Requests Thread so when it's done, that rating will be applied.

Gadgetron Insta-Mech

Dr. Nefarious stated he was going to destroy the dwarf star core of the Deplanetiser, and Ratchet and crew confirm this. However, Dr. Nefarious wasn't going to destroy it through raw force. He directly states he was going to have enough time to escape after destroying Ratchet and watch the explosion from a safe distance. This indicates he wasn't going to blow it up naturally and that he wasn't sure if he'd survive otherwise he'd stay if he'd know he could take it. Also he is seemingly trying to absorb it's energy and not blast it.

A second thing to not is Dr. Nefarious states it's an artificial supernova which he came up with while he was in prison, meaning it's not a real star. So while Dr. Nefarious does survive when he and his Insta-Mech get crushed inside the dwar star, it is impossible to quantify as the star didn't explode. It was stated that if it was destroyed like Dr. Nefarious intended, it would have destroyed everything including the nearby planet but instead, the star doesn't even explode to such a degree. So no, Dr. Nefarious did not survive an actual Dwarf Star explosion. It is more obvious that the explosion was from his Gadgetron Insta-Mech. Heck you can see the explosion originate from where the mech impacted and even after the explosion you can see the light from the dwar star shining off of Ratchet as he leaves so it clearly wasn't destroyed.

Personally I feel like Ratchet being able to damage every enemy with his wrench, makes him capable of scaling to his weapons physically to some extent.

Updated it, thanks for the input. What's your thoughts on the rest?
Uhh, I don't know the game so I'm just giving thoughts on what I see but
  • The "burns hotter and hotter" stuff I think is just better temp/fire manip, I don't think upgrading weaponry counts as stat amping unless it's temporary
  • The Groovibomb is textbook Broadway Force, which I guess isn't very different from Body Puppetry but still
  • Plasma Striker honestly feels like it might be actual limited time manip but that's up to your interpretation ig
  • Dunno about empathic manip by the Goatinator, feel like it may be covered by transmutation already.
  • Magneboots are Magnetism Manipulation, guess their surface scaling would be limited since it only works on certain ones
  • The Hologuise is probably illusion manip since it's not actually changing Ratchet's body but just making him appear different via holograms
  • There's a typo in Nefarious' quote
  • Nefarious probably doesn't count as Supergenius, just Extraordinary.
  • His robot can probably scale to Ratchet's 9-B dura, I'm assuming it can hurt him.
  • This is a nitpick but I don't think you need "hasn't displayed any feats" for Unknown, that's already implied I feel. You could also do "Likely 10-B" instead if you prefer.

Personally I feel like Ratchet being able to damage every enemy with his wrench, makes him capable of scaling to his weapons physically to some extent.
Some enemies he can't even reach and he's mainly shown with his ranged weapon in cut scenes. Though I wouldn't say it's impossible for him to scale in that regard, it's just he's kind of lacking in showings besides hitting fodder enemies.

Plus, he thinks some things much weaker than his weapons are capable of harming him. For example, it's implide he would have died if he stayed inside the Deplanetiser when it crashed into the planet, which is why he was in such a hurry to escape.

Uhh, I don't know the game so I'm just giving thoughts on what I see but
  • The "burns hotter and hotter" stuff I think is just better temp/fire manip, I don't think upgrading weaponry counts as stat amping unless it's temporary
It just stats that due to the weapons hybrid fuel, it's fire burns hotter and hotter. So i assumed it would count as an amp.
  • The Groovibomb is textbook Broadway Force, which I guess isn't very different from Body Puppetry but still
I forgot about that power, I'll switch it.
  • Plasma Striker honestly feels like it might be actual limited time manip but that's up to your interpretation ig
Yeah, my interpretation was making everything seem slow since it only actives when aiming. But I guess we should just go with the in-game description.
  • Dunno about empathic manip by the Goatinator, feel like it may be covered by transmutation already.
Fair enough.
  • Magneboots are Magnetism Manipulation, guess their surface scaling would be limited since it only works on certain ones
Makes sense, I'll update the page.
  • The Hologuise is probably illusion manip since it's not actually changing Ratchet's body but just making him appear different via holograms
Makes sense.
  • There's a typo in Nefarious' quote
The "Mad," part?
  • Nefarious probably doesn't count as Supergenius, just Extraordinary.
I'll change it.
  • His robot can probably scale to Ratchet's 9-B dura, I'm assuming it can hurt him.
Gameplay wise, he can hurt him.
  • This is a nitpick but I don't think you need "hasn't displayed any feats" for Unknown, that's already implied I feel. You could also do "Likely 10-B" instead if you prefer.
I'll remove it then.

Last edited:
It just stats that due to the weapons hybrid fuel, it's fire burns hotter and hotter. So i assumed it would count as an amp.
I think just permanently upgrading something doesn't count, stat amping is meant to be done in the middle of a fight and temporary, by reading our power page
The "Mad," part?
"vengful"
Gameplay wise, he can hurt him.
Should be fine to scale him, he's a boss.

isnt ratchet like wall level without equipmnent? if so that should probably be specified on the profile

unless he just has fodder ass durability

isnt ratchet like wall level without equipmnent? if so that should probably be specified on the profile

unless he just has fodder ass durability
The justification makes it clear that it's his weapons and not his physical strength. He mainly fights with his mass array of weapond which is why I didn't bother putting a rating for his physical AP, and his striking strength also shows this.

I completely forgot about this. Since this has staff/user agreement I'm going to apply the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back