• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rapunzel revisions (Tangled)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the calculation been placed in a blog in the wiki and then evaluated?

Ok, but that explosion doesn't come anywhere near to enveloping even the entire kingdom of Corona. Heck, from the looks of it, the attack wasn't going to be an explosive, it was going to be an incendiary.

Also, why is the surface area of France used? The blog itself has the official map for Corona, which has measurements at the bottom. Also, was the bomb supposed to destroy the ENTIRE land of Corona, or the city of Corona?

Based on the comments on that calculation page, I think there are some flaws that need to be fixed
Yeah. Also that Sub-Relativistic beam doesn't really scale to anyone. It wasn't even an attack by the looks of things, more like the powers being too much for Rapunzel to contain for too long, and they ejected into space. Even if she manually sent them away, this isn't an attack she can use in her base form, considering this was with the Sun and Moon stone combined, which only happens in this scene to my knowledge.

Thank you. It seems like the size of the country likely needs to be adjusted in the calculation then.

Not even close. As we need to estimate or even reference the size of Corona. Not from Wuhan City or Hubei province obviously.
Most people are arguing on either using either Germany or France. The former is probably better since the original fairy tale is German.

But I guess I'll wait for more info

Most people are arguing on either using either Germany or France. The former is probably better since the original fairy tale is German.

But I guess I'll wait for more info
Given how a rule of a kingdom can be defined by the royal families or the city in which they live... I want more information and scenes for that feat.

While Wuhan Corona's actual size was not known, a long shot of the scene of "the whole Corona area" (not a good down view) was shown here:

So... Maybe I can handle the rough size of that island instead.

Thank you. Your help would be appreciated.

While Wuhan Corona's actual size was not known, a long shot of the scene of "the whole Corona area" (not a good down view) was shown here:

@Jasonsith

Several calculations to attempt to calculate the size of one Corona Kingdom.

Some direction on "improving" the estimation of the size of the island and hence the kingdom:

1. Estimate the island size from hut sizes where "the fact that a floor of something is at least 3.3 meters, likely 4.3 for residences such as houses"
But: The 3.3 m - 4.3 m floor height is for modern storey height of one storey.
These are medieval houses. So such substitution and scaling is likely inaccurate.

2. At best the middle castle tower height can be determined.
That should give best estimates of the island diameter.
... but estimating the height of the castle itself can be another hassle.
Would like input from anyone in this regard. Thanks.

I asked M3X and Armorchompy to take another look at the current calculation.

Armorchompy has accepted the Large Town level result for the calculation.

Armorchompy has accepted the Large Town level result for the calculation.
Based on the current findings.

Subject to whether anyone bothers to find a better scaling on the tiny details to find the diameter of the small island.

Thank you Armor and anyone else having a look.

This hasn't been added
This has not been added yet because I wonder if the watch tower is the best to scale from for determining the size of the Corona Kingdom.

Should I give a time for everyone here to try to determine the height of the castle before finalising on it?

I am not sure. There is a big risk that this thread will not lead anywhere, if we drag out the discussion too much.

Thank you for the help.

We should go with applying the already accepted result then.

Also... Should I pick another time to rework the speed given the Corona Kingdom size finally set?

I am…super late on this

The Rapunzel profile is buns. Like completely buns. It’s missing so much and is super downplayed. The chick is haxxed as shit with deconstruction out the wazoo with things like the Hurt Incantation. But that’s not even the least of it.

Y’all got the country level girl at building level.

Her hair tanks a blast that would destroy the country of Corona 10x over and reduce it to ashes.

credit to @Js250476 for the rough calc…

Also shown in that calc is the speed of Rapunzel’s laser. Subrel+.

furthermore, Rapunzel swings with Zhan Tiri was a storm that covered the entirety of Corona.

I’m gonna keep this open for discussion. But regardless, the profile is in a desperate need for change.

ngl I did this because Tllm said I wouldn’t and I said “Ard bet”

Thank you for the help.

We should go with applying the already accepted result then.
I don't know, I still disagree with the upgrade on principal.

Whether or not the calc is correct, I don't believe the actual feat is as hyped up as it is said to be. While it says it'll destroy Corona ten times over, the context of the show displays the weapon as an incendiary. It explodes, but the destructive aspect of the weapon are the flames it spreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back