• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Randall Flagg vs. Hatchworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought matches at that range operated under the assumption that both characters knew the location of the other. That's what every match involving 4 km SBA has led me to believe.

Also, I literally only mentioned psychic-based powers and transmutation.

No, they dont, fighters have absoluutely no knowledge of each other in these fights, its why matches like Blake vs Black Panther were decided based on BP using stealth and Blake not knowing where he was from 4 km away to stealth kill her.

Psychic powers, controlling machines (Not a psychic based power), and transmutation which Flagg can snipe Hatch with from 4 km away while Hatch has no idea where the opponent is and cant do anything to stop Flagg from thinking at the start of the fight. This is the definition of a stomp

Also sidenote, Flagg should be 8-C+ if the lightning he uses is natural

You should probably bring that up in a thread if that's the case, since there are numerous matches that haven't been operating on that logic.

His psychic powers are what grant him control over machines. That's the entire reason why his powers scale to other lesser psychics who are capable of the same. The only exception is the bit about him being able to blow out circuits with his voice. That's something that only he has been stated to be capable of. (Though Maerlyn is likely to be capable of the same, since he was implied to have been the one who taught Flagg how to use all of his magic and other powers)

As far as the lightning goes, judge this one for yourself. (The raven is Flagg):

Broadcloak's lightning (The Fall of Gilead)

I mean its literally in the versus thread rules page so those threads would need to be removed if they dont use that logic

Yeah he'd be 8-C+ for commanding natural lightning

I still think a thread should be made in order to sort that out, if that's been the case this whole time.

I thought natural lightning bolts were right in the middle of 8-C in terms of power they carried, though? 5 billion joules?

It has, if threads havent been following that then thats a big problem

Theyre on the middle-high end, just barely high enough to be 8-C+

Why that's unfair if both can put down the other? Flagg simply wins faster.

Lightning bolts are 5x10^9 Joules. Low end 8-C+ is 4,7x10^9 J.

If range is that big of an issue just put both in their effective range

Because all of Hatchworth's abilities that can pose a threat to Flagg stem from one thing that Flagg can quite literally think and remove ten times over. Basically Hatch CANT put Flagg down, and since Flagg is getting his AP upgraded he now oneshots with any offensive attack as well

I mean, he's still not really doing anything but ending the fight with his telepathy though. He's not really "removing" anything. He's just taking him out permanently before he can activate anything.

Even then, putting them within a dozen meters of each other almost surely makes the match more fair. If they start within sight of each other, then it's literally just a matter of Flagg activating faster. Which is effectively just a close-shave if anything, since him not activating faster would mean he dies in a million different ways.

Or ending the fight with his tech manip. Or ending it with transmutation. Or, since his AP is not 8-C+, ending it with quite literally any actual attack.

Hax that make it so the opponent cannot in any way fight you coupled with a high enough AP advantage to oneshot is the definition of a stomp.

And yet that AP is only with magic. Physically he's 9-B, so pretty much anything that Hatchworth can do would one-shot him as well, hax or not.

Again, it really just boils down to Flagg firing first. That's it.

Yes so again most of his arsenal can oneshot Hatch with a thought and Hatch cant do anything about it. And no, not anything Hatch can do can oneshot him as Hatch has never shown to be a physical fighter, even when he was part of the war he was meant for artillery, not physical combat like all the other robots. Literally the only thing Hatch can oneshot with are his song-based powers which Flagg can get rid of with a thought. So no, this is in fact a stomp. Hax that make it so the opponent cannot in any way fight you coupled with a high enough AP advantage to oneshot is the definition of a stomp.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
So this is a stomp because Flagg wins with 1/2 abilities that he'll use right away? That's like saying every Legends!Star Wars win is a stomp just because the SW characters mindhax right off the bat. Such a thing hardly qualifies as a stomp at all. At most, it's just a decisive victory.
Funny enough, not all SW characters start with mindhax. The majority that do are either Sith or from Luke's praxeum.

WeeklyBattles said:
All of Hatch's abilities are tied to his broadway force which he cant access if, by what youre saying, Flagg would just do everything to him right from the start before Hatch can even try anything. So no, going by your argument he doesnt have any ways to put him down.
Not all of them. If he takes off his glasses and part of his mustache, he lets off the blue matter radiation and start making pocket dimensions. The problem is that he doesn't know he can, or wont.

I suppose I'll assume we can keep counting votes for now, then.

Which means we're now at two votes for Flagg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back