• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just a general discussion to judge who would be the strongest rakudai characters overall. This is my current opinion:

1. Edel (possibly lower)

2. Tyrant

3. Superman and Whitebeard

4. Nene Saikyou and Nassem, possibly kurono

5. Tojirou Nangou possibly far higher

6. Ikki and Stella

7. Or gaule / current God of war (can possibly go up to rank 5)

8. Fu Xiaoli

9. Iris ascaride

10: Honorable mentions:

Wallenstein (Stomped or gaule without even trying, but is highly compatibility reliant)

11: Unknown:

Ryouma Kurogane (Is supposedly less skilled than volume 3 ikki but rivals tojirou. Theories go up to him possibly being Tyrant)

I left out people who haven't appeared in the translated volumes yet. What do yall think?

Top 3 are Abraham Carter, Arthur Bright and Tyrant, no order known. 4 is Edelweiss, 5 Nene and 6 Naseem. This was answered in volume 16 i think. Naseem was originally the number 5 before his defeat.

Kurogane Ryouma was a Desperado (revealed in V17, but it was predictable) and he defeated Tendou Harima, a Desperado constantly using Excesive Awakening. He in his prime and Nangou should be very OP, but we will never know their true power. Harima should be around Nene and Naseem level.

Kurono isnt at Nene's level, she isnt a desperado. The rest is ok i think, Fu Xiaoli might be above Or-Gaule depending on the location (thanks to Taizan).

Edelweiss is a safer option for top 1. Considering they "all" abbandoned her capture and the fact that she saved Ouma from Tyrant on top of being the strongest swordsman. There is nothing to say the world leaders are above edel.

About the rest.

While yes Nene > Nassem, they're still in the same ballpark so i put them in one to save spots.

Yeah i know about Ryouma. What i find weird is that Nangou stated volume 3 Ikki > Ryouma in sword skill so...ugh....

About Harima as i stated "i didn't include ppl who haven't appeared or been mentioned in the translated novels.

Kurono despite not being a desperado is a causality user, the strongest type and she is Nene's lifelong rival. Not being a desperado is not an instant disqualification, idk why you think that, Wallenstein stomped Or Gaule despite not being a desperado. And only lost to Naseem because Nasseem counters Wally in every way. It's "possibly" cus of the whole "husband and child" talk, so she may have fallen from her previous post, but she even states things like "can you even do that?" when nene says jokes like "i might kill you".

And the Fu Xiaoli, she's really eh. She has practically infinite potential with her copy ability and idk what would happen if she fought Or Gaule and copied his ability, but Stella did trash Xiaoli with normal awakening but she needed Excessive awakening for Or Gaule, so that's the idea. The great Sage is just there cus he's significantly superior to Xiaoli.

It was already said in the novels that Tyrant, Carter and Bright are the Top 3 in the world though. In their base they are also at the level of a Desperado in Excesive Awakening according to V14. Edelweiss is in good terms with Tyrant and his organization, saving Ouma doesnt mean they fought. You cant assume Bright and Carter went after her either.

Ryouma was Edelweiss's teacher, it seems unlikely that V3 Ikki was above him in swordsmanship.

Well, Fu Xiaoli received a direct hit from Katharterio Salamandra. Or-Gaule would have also been defeated if he had taken that attack.

Wallenstein trashed Or-Gaule while he was in base, not with Dance Macabre. Base Or-Gaule isnt really suited for combat, he himself stated it.

Kurono has no feats that would put her in Nene/Naseem level. Not saying she is weak, but not at the level of current Nene who is the top 5 Blazer in the entire world.

Well, kinda yes and no. It was more of "world leading desperados" or "3 strongest desperados who control the world" the quote was one of these 2. Edelweiss may be immensly powerful but she's not a powerhouse, she's just 1 woman, not the leader of organizations that span over half of the world with who knows how many more desperados in their hands. So she's just a very strong woman which is why she is "the strongest swordsman", but doesn't have stuff like politics in her hands and is just left alone. So they're the strongest "leaders", they're the ones that can start a world war 3 if they so wished. About Bright and Carter, they still did leave her alone despite her having destroyed an ridiculous amount of their soldiers. Not to mention that Nassem in his excessive awakening stated he was about equal to the top 3, but Nene who is above him is still absolutely terrified at edelweiss.

Yeah that is true, but there are 2 ways to take it. One is that Edelweiss is Edelweiss the girl that evolves at the fastest rate we have ever seen anyone in the show evolve (far more than Ikki and Stella) so it's possible that Ryouma just taught her up to a very good basis and then she developed on her own, or we can just assume it was PIS that Nangou said V3 Ikki > Ryouma in swordsmanship or that the author didn't know what he wanted Ryouma to be at that point in time.

I still think it would be a very "compatibility" thing going on. But the way it was even portrayed with Xiaoli being training for Stella to fight Or Gaule seems like it's saying Or Gaule would be stronger but you never know.

No matter what, both Wally and Gaule knew that that was a lost fight for Gaule. Because Wallenstein's ability literally makes him untouchable. Amping himself wouldn't really do much against Wallenstein.

She doesn't have feats, but she has some rather constant statements of being in the same tier as Nene. Them being long life rivals, the other statements from Kurono of "can you even do that", the fact that they would both intervene to stop Ikki and Stela. Just cus she hasn't had screentime doesn't mean she doesn't scale. She still has some decent statements, no real reason to assume she's weaker.

Also i doubt Nene is top 5, i'd still say Nangou, Ryouma and possibly even great sage would be stronger than her.

The quote of Edelweiss being the strongest swordsman can also mean that she is just the best sword user, not all blazers are swordsmans. When Edelweiss killed those soldiers Abraham was still a kid (the guy is like 20), and we dont know if Arthur even bother going after her, unless its stated that he did its just headcanon. Nene's statement basically means that those 3 at their base are at the level of a Desperado in Excessive Awakening,and she was not above him, base Nene got destroyed by Naseem in EA. The Nene that got terrified by Edelweiss had never used EA before. As i see it, those 3 and Edelweiss should be in very similar levels, considering Tyrant's age he might be the weakest, but the other three is hard to say, guess we will have to wait and see.

Its probably PIS, that statement.

Nene and Kurono were rivals, but then one reached Brute Soul and the other didnt, Nene has even reached EA. Nene has shown he abilities by fighting the number 5 blazer in the world, one that has fought with Edelweiss in the past. Kurono has no feats, and her only support is being Nene's rival but that was years ago, before Nene reached Brute Soul. Kurono will fight Tendou Harima in V17, lets see if she actually shows to be in Nene's level. Another thing to mention, the only reason Kurono will fight is that Japan's Desperados arent home, which means the League rather have Nene fighting him than Kurono. A very subtle way of saying Nene > Kurono as of now.

It was stated in V15 that Naseem was the 5th strongest blazer, but he was defeated by Nene, so...

We are talking about active Blazers btw. We dont know Prime Ryouma or Prime Nangou's level.

Now we're talking, if we say that Edel = the top 3 then ok i can agree to that. About Tyrant though, im taking things at their prime. If the dude, as a dude who is so old he'll literally die in the near future of old age, is still stopping superman and whitebeard from doing anything, i'd say in his prime he should be stronger.

My point is, it's a lack of feats rather than anti-feats. About the Nene > Kurono League thing, Nene is currently the top 3 (top 2 since carlo bertoni died) whereas Kurono iirc has "retired" from the league rankings.

Yeah but as you said they only count active blazers so who knows if they count old legends like Nangou and Ryouma. I'd still say Nangou > Current Nene.

Top Ten Strongest Beings in the World

I mean, Xiaoli is apparently strong enough to kill Volume 12 Edelweiss (iirc) and I'm not sure if that's taking Taizan into account.

Whitebeard, Superman, and Tyrant are on par with Desperados using Excessive Awakening in base. That's pretty ******* strong, so I'd just guess they're stronger than Edelweiss to an extent for now. She's still progressing at an absurd rate so she may be comparable to them, idk.

The xiaoli killing edel is just flowery writing. Otherwise edel wouldn't jump in to end the fight. If they were about equal it would have been a hard fight rather than a sure fight for edel.

Well it didn't say she would kill her for sure, just that she's good enough to do it. Plus, Edelweiss did consider Post Awakening Stella as a worthy opponent and I seriously doubt base Stella is comparable to people using Excessive Awakening.

We could also think of it this way, if Edelweiss was equal to the top three in her first appearance, the fact that she's progressed much more since that time would imply that she's surpassed the top three at this point. Ofc while we could always say Whitebeard and Superman might very well have gotten much stronger too, I doubt an old man likely out of his prime like Tyrant could be progressing in such a rapid manner.

Ikki also compared a serious Iris to Volume 4 Edelweiss in Volume 14 and was even trembling in fear, so...

Overall, I'd still say Edelweiss was somewhat weaker than the top three in her first appearance. Current Edelweiss may be equal.

Back