• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't know. The ap already was accepted. And the speed is pretty straight forward so am not sure. I guess I just did this as a formality. Just looking for some "I agree"

If the calc has been accepted then I guess it can be used. As for the speed, you're gonna need people to agree with you before it can be used.

Yes, the accepted calculation can probably be used.

So what should her speed be? "At least Relativistic"?

She was dodging beams of actual light. We could run a calc with an assumption of there being (at most) 50 meters but it would go like 99.9% C or so. So SoL would be her speed here for dodging light.

RatherClueless said:
in physics 0.999c is still waaaaay different to c. thats about the only thing I feel like nagging about
That's only cus of mass relativity. In speed of light mass and energy go to infinity, but they obvioulsy do not apply that, so it doesn't really change anything.

Relativistic or Speed of Light sounds fine to me.

Yeah I don't agree with the calc. The assumption seems to be that because she created flames as high as the clouds and was stated to cover the entire city if she wanted, she can create flames as wide as cities and as tall as clouds. However, the information regarding height comes from an instance of her summoning flames inside a ring while the statement for the area of effect is for a feat she can perform, but didn't, the height and base area aren't being given to the same object

Let's say someone created a 100 meter tall block of ice in a stadium and was stated to be capable of freezing an entire city afterwards, he would be fulfilling the statement regardless of if he covered the city in a thin layer of ice or encased it in a cube, just because this is the height we got when the feat was confined to a small area doesn't mean the height will remain at that level throughout the entire area of effect when he's freezing a city, and that's what this situation is like

At least you agree with the speed

The problem is that she was heating up air, you're treating flames like they are liquid that's the problem. Flames wouldn't fill up the volume when caused from air being heated, because you cannot trap "heat", the heat itself went 2km high. Wether trapped or not, she was capable of heating air up to 2km high, that won't change whether you trap it or not becaue heat is omnidirectional and will give heat to everything, not fill the volume.

Not to mention that even if your assumption is correct, Osaka has buildings in the 300 meters radius.

I think you took my comment as "there is a fixed volume of flames and the only reason it reached cloud height is because it was confined within a ring", no, this isn't me saying that the height is only at this level when the the base area is this low, this is me saying that the height given doesn't refer to the situation where all of the city is burned so the assumption that she will make a sea of flame both as wide as a city and as high as clouds throughout the entire area is unproven

That's still what you're implying "Just cus it reached the clouds in a smaller volume, doesn't mean it will do so in a larger one". As i said, the fact that her heat reached the height of the clouds it means that it will reach that height no matter the widness. If you light a candle, whether you put it in a small room or in an open field it will still burn your finger at the same height. Because how wide the space is doesn't affect height, the heat is omnidirectional.

So whether it is the 100m wide ring or the city, it will still not affect the height the heat reaches, it's constant (obviously depending on the level of heat, and other factors but i mean constant in relation to how wide it gets).

"If you light a candle, whether you put it in a small room or in an open field it will still burn your finger at the same height. Because how wide the space is doesn't affect height, the heat is omnidirectional"

You're talking about the size of the enclosed space here, not the size of the flames, and I imagine you aren't saying that if I put my hand at the height the flame is but stay multiple meters away from its position my hand would be burnt, just that if I put my hand directly above a flame I would burn it regardlessly of how big my house is....because if you are that addresses absolutely nothing

The problem is still that the flame created in the ring and the flame she is stated to be capable of creating are different, so a comment specifying the dimensions of one doesn't automatically apply to the dimensions of the other and what she is stated to be capable of doing would be fulfilled even without having to create flames as high as the one during the battle, so the height of 2 kilometers isn't confirmed for the flames that are being calculated

The flames are not different. In one case the heat is allowed to burn the air in the entire city, in the other the heat is allowed to burn only the air inside the barrier. It's height does not change cus as i said the heat is omnidirectional. How high it goes is constant. It will burn the air up to 2km always because it's hot enough to do that.

So going throughout the city it would just let the heat spread in width, it wouldn't make it reach shorter in height.

They are different in the sense that they aren't referring to the same case of the attack being used, they may be the same technique but that doesn't mean one of their dimensions will be constant throughout different uses, pretty much any fire user in fiction can use the same attack and achieve a different height or width for different uses

And the energy required to create the flames in case of covering a city and being 2km high is obviously not going to be the same as covering a ring and being 2km so I find it doubtful that it can be assumed to be this high regardless of the area being so much higher, but if you think this is ignorance you can try contacting a calc group experienced with flames to weigh in

If the calc has been accepted and speed agreed on, this can be applied.

Probably, yes, but let's wait to see what Andy thinks first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back