• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raising Awareness For Pun-Pun, a New Tier 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... while I was talking on a thread about lifting strength, I remembered that we didn't have a page for a certain character I found hilarious and slightly terrifying. I have decided that this site absolutely MUST know that such a monster exists in fiction, and that it is unforgivable that we don't already have a page for him. So here he is, heralding from the tabletop RPG Dungeons and Dragons.

Everyone, meet your newest, biggest, and strongest Tier 0 character yet, Pun-Pun, the level one kobold who ascended to tier 0.

Kobold by toguza-d3nodh6
Yes, seriously.

Kobolds in Dungeons and Dragons are almost universally 10-B critters that the party can either cheese through with no effort or get stomped by running into their trap-filled lairs and bombarded with molotov cocktails, unable to fight back against creatures that they should be able to take on at least 50 to 1. This is because they are the D&D equivalent to the goomba, stepping stones on the path to level 20, and sometimes the Dungeon Master gets cranky and decides to make his player's lives hell. They don't usually get the luxury of leveling up in a class and going on a quest.

Pun-Pun is the exception.

Created as a thought experiment by Min-Maxers who wanted to see how invincible a character they could make without cheating, Pun-Pun is a level one kobold adventurer who managed to get his hands on a Candle of Invocation and, through a few summons and some massive cheesing, gain the ability to grant any power he wanted to himself.

ANY. POWER.

He became infinitely strong, dextrous, durable, healthy, perceptive, intelligent, knowledgeable, and persuasive immediately after gaining every single point of expertise he possibly could obtain (and unlike in computer RPGs, these stats can be used to perform tasks that alter the story as opposed to simply in-combat benefits that don't translate to anything else, ie a high strength making it easier to heft a boulder, a higher constitution allowing you to get over illness faster, a higher level of wisdom helping you notice small details, etc).

He then became infinitely speedy (reaction, travel, combat, the whole nine yards!), invisible, every single spell in the game usable whenever he wants and as many times as he wants (which can be anything as small as Ghost Sound to as massive as Wish), gained infinite HP, an infinite amount of Regenerationn that works as long as he is not unconcsious, extra Regenerationn to make any damage he takes non-lethal and revive him if he does somehow wind up unconscious, immunity to all forms of energy damage (icluding fire and acid), immunity to all forms of weapon damage, immunity to all spells unless he so desires, invisibility, infinite reach, infinite reach (allowing him to interact with any creature that exists), the ability to use his reach in every other plane of existence simultaneously, and is completely immune to mind-control, illusions, aging, petrification, and everything else filed in this site under "Hax."

...*gasp, gasp*... *Inhale*

Through the use of a bunch of squirrels he gave and had return his powers, he managed to gain an infinite number of divine ranks (the top god Pelor only has twenty, with those of marginally higher ranks being considered gods of gods!), and he can also, finally, make any creature, spell, or ability he wants, and then bestow it upon himself and others. This ability could be anything between "I can breathe in space" and "I win, always, every single time, no matter what, and nothing can stop me, and if something does stop me, time rewinds for both of us and I try again and win, and I win even when time resets, forever, throughout all of existence here and and everywhere, and I'm always better than everyone else, period."

• Whew*...
If that isn't omnipotence, I don't know what is.

The good news is that he was never created with the intention of being played. He was a thought exercise, a personal challenge to see how horribly overpowered a character could get without cheating.

He's like the Mewtwo of Dungeons and Dragons Min-Maxing.

And he's perfectly rules legal.

There's only one problem... having an infinite number of divine ranks restricts still restricts him to the same dimension of infinity as other gods in the verse, and much of this is undfortunately subject to the ol' No-Limits Fallacy. The one, true Tier 0 omnipotent in the game is the game master/dungeon master/etc., as they can always, you know, just say that Pun-Pun doesn't exist anymore because it's my game.

Also, given that this is more of an internet hypothetical/joke build and as far as I know he's not been written into any stories, maybe he'd fit better onto the Joke Battles Wiki, despity not being technically strictly a joke character? I believe that's where the Old Spice profiles migrated to, and their stats are taken seriously.

This is the same problem we had with Novel Kars.

Multiplying his stats by infinity doesn't come anywhere close to reaching Tier 0.

There is no explict Tier 0 in Dungeons and Dragons, several high tiered Upper Gods should be very strong, but not Tier 0.

@Perpetual, actually, that's not the case. In D&D Lore, "Homebrew" as it's called, is considered canon unless it directly contridicts something from Wizards of the Coast.

Meaning, if he says Pun-Pun doesn't exist... but he still does according to WotC.

Well, I get that, what I mean is that Pun-Pun isn't like Driz'zt or Elminster or any of the iconic Pathfinder characters or so on who have actually gotten books written about them and their exploits. Hence, why it would be hard to find a way to add him here. I know that homebrew is canon...

Another problem would be quantifying him. Initial guess would be High 2-A or possibly Low 1-C, based on what I remember...

That's not the tier 0 part.

It's the tag at the end that reads, "I get any sort of power I can make up."

This would include a tailor-made feat which allows him to achieve the next level of dimensional power, which he can then do repeatedly until he's a 7498723588437507405765487679875489674576734509677548^infinity-dimensional entity, or simply stating that he's a tier-0 entity and skipping right to the good stuff.

He could do this by simply creating a tier-0 entity and having it bestow its power upon him, as mentioned under the "Manipulate Form and Extreme Cheese" section.

Still, yes, this character is something of a joke.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Has he ever done this before? If not then it's an assumption.

He is a thought-exercise character that was built to see how badly he can overpower a tabletop game-system without breaking the rules.

Everything mentioned happens in the theater of the mind. He's not from a TV show, a video game, a movie, a comic book, or a piece of literature where everything is spelled out for the audience. He was derived from a pile of rule books which people use to play what is effectively sophisticated make-believe as a character one could roleplay as.

Conforming to the rules as written is considered to be "shown" enough for the purposes of this medium because the rules define what a character can do so that a player can make decisions based upon them.

tl;dr Yes

Well, getting any type of power does not remotely automatically mean having any scale of power. See Ajimu Najimi for example. Especially considering that the empowerment sources in question must be powerful enough to take a character to a certain level.

Regardless, this is not an official notable character, but a fan character, so it is irrelevant to this wiki.

Still not broken in the slightest compared to 3.5 Yog.

On a serious note though, Pun-Pun himself is incredibly difficult to tier, but he certainly isn't Tier 0. There are characters who can perform similar feats and still be considered garbage tier in their respective fiction, and the things above them still wouldn't even be relatively close to tier 0.

Pun-Pun's kind of like Ajimu, which means he'd probably also be unknown. As for the best tier he could logically be placed at, I'd have to remember what the hell characters such as Ao or the Lady of Pain would be ranked as.

Antvasima said:
Well, getting any type of power does not remotely automatically mean having any scale of power. See Ajimu Najimi for example. Especially considering that the empowerment sources in question must be powerful enough to take a character to a certain level.
Regardless, this is not an official notable character, but a fan character, so it is irrelevant to this wiki.

Good, you've given me an answer I can comprehend.

I still think everyone's missing the whole "Imagination Superpower Gone Wrong" part at the end which I considered so important (When you can churn out an infinite supply of high 1-As, force them to cough up their powers, and then boost yourself again...), but I'll take that as an answer.

Slang terminologies like "overpowered", "broken", and "cheap" fail to describe Pun-Pun.

... He seems like a 3-A to Low 2-C being. Honestly, unless he has affected higher dimensions.

Still, it's a joke fan character made of NLF.

Matthew Schroeder said:
... He seems like a 3-A to Low 2-C being. Honestly, unless he has affected higher dimensions.
Still, it's a joke fan character made of NLF.
He's probably at least 2-A by scaling from guys like Pelor.

Naaah. Deities (all of whom he are above by an infinte degree of some sort going by the literal interpretations of his ability) are still at least Multiversal entities, and given just how silly, out-of-hand and such his powers get I'd still say he's at least High 2-A.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
He's probably at least 2-A by scaling from guys like Pelor.
I see.

Still, almost entirely NLF

Also: Am I the only thought the page was about this:

Punpun_c1p2.PNG

He's on FC/OC, where he is currently 2-A, which feels like the best ranking of his abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back