• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f71636974507857544461443244513d3d2d3736323237343233322e3135623432373635626363653761626638313330383733313730362e6a7067.jpeg

Is this all or is there more?

The bombs don't seem to be upgraded tho, I believe it refers to the new glider, mask and sword as I can see in the video. The bomb rack is still the same as before, relatively untouched before the infamous penthouse fight scene.

Not sure if that'll make a difference anyway even if they are. Spidey scales to Harry and I doubt Harry's equipment is overwhelmingly superior to that of Norman's. Maybe by a bit, but not by much to warrant a downgrade for Gobby. He'd still be 8-C for being able to draw blood from Spider-Man gruesomely, something Harry can do as well to base Spider-Man (The latter having a bad performance in the opening act of SM3 because he was holding back for fear that he might cause his best friend Harry further harm).

The bombs don't seem to be upgraded tho, I believe it refers to the new glider, mask and sword. The bomb rack is still the same as before, relatively untouched before the infamous penthouse fight scene.
the interview implies everything harry has is upgraded, hence why he said "normans stuff but on a whole other level" etc, and new goblins bombs can literally damage a large part of giant sandman's head and has a bigger aoe blast in general then normans

and ik its not much of a downgrade, this is just to remove norman scaling to harry for having the "same equipment"

the interview implies everything harry has is upgraded, hence why he said "normans stuff but on a whole other level" etc,
IDK, they mostly emphasize on the Glider being upgraded from what I can see.

and new goblins bombs can literally damage giant sandman and has a bigger aoe blast in general then normans
Damaging Sandman doesn't mean much, Peter knocked off his fingers by swinging around from Harry's arm.

And as for AOE, I'd argue they're roughly comparable, in fact, Gobby's bomb covered a decently-sized room and even caused a building balcony to collapse.

IDK, they mostly emphasize on the Glider being upgraded from what I can see.
yea they also didn't empathize with the green sword despite it being a new weapon entirely. I guess they just thought the glider was the coolest thing to talk about but the fact that he said "equipment" means pretty much everything he had if he meant only the glider I'm sure they would've specified
Damaging Sandman doesn't mean much, Peter knocked off his fingers by swinging around from Harry's arm.
the bomb did way more damage than peter being thrown by harry

yea they also didn't empathize with the green sword despite it being a new weapon entirely. I guess they just thought the glider was the coolest thing to talk about but the fact that he said "equipment" means pretty much everything he had if he meant only the glider I'm sure they would've specified
They emphasized on the mask as well.

Also that still doesn't change the fact that he didn't go through upgrading every single bomb on the rack we previously saw on SM2 and he could've just proceeded to store a bunch of them in his new glider. Plus we're not even told if those bombs yield-wise are any stronger than the bombs Norman used.

the bomb did way more damage than peter being thrown by harry
It did the damage in Sandman's face. In Sandman's case his arms and fists would be his more stronger portion of his body, unless you wanna argue 8-B Pumpkin Bombs.

additionally, not only its shown that harry took the full formula while norman stopped mid-process, it was stated that "Osborn wanted to laugh and cry at the same time, to beg the gas to return to him. To give him the strength and stamina that he was positive he could obtain"
I see. Still, Norman shouldn't be overwhelmingly weaker given his brutalizing of Spider-Man, whereas New Goblin drew blood from a holding-back Peter with bladed weapons.

sure, but he shouldn't have the exact same abilities as norman like his regen or completely scaling to it to norman which was the main point of the revision, he likely downscales or something. I agree he isn't overwhelmingly weaker

sure, but he shouldn't have the exact same abilities as norman like his regen or completely scaling to it to norman which was the main point of the revision, he likely downscales or something. I agree he isn't overwhelmingly weaker
Hmmmmm, how about this...

"Durability: Building level (Shouldn't be much weaker than his son Harry, who took the serum in its entirety compared to Norman's procedure being stopped mid-way)"

Not sure how to word any better than that.

The bombs should remain more or less the same tho. Nothing indicates that Harry's versions were a major leap over Norman's bombs or that they even increased the yield in any way, or if they're even upgraded versions to begin with, given that there's an entire rack for Harry to use at his disposal (Norman's bombs had the same spinning blades and homing capabilities), and damaging Sandman doesn't mean much in the long run. We don't even know by what degree they're superior.

Norman's bombs could still vaporize people, no?
Yes, but those are for specialized exploding modes I believe.

But, like I said, a lot of evidence points towards Harry just recycling Norman's bombs rather than straight up upgrading them (Like the bomb rack being basically untouched up until SM3 where Harry is hurled into it), and Harry's bombs have comparable AoE to Norman's bombs and damaging Sandman in the face just really doesn't mean much, given that Spider-Man straight up knocked off Sandman's fingers which would've been the more stronger parts of his body than his face given that he literally was demolishing Spidey with his fist repeatedly.

Even if the bombs were upgraded, there seems to be no clear indication of by just how much they are stronger, plus even with Norman's procedure stopping midway compared to Harry taking the full dosage without as bad of an outcome, Norman's brutalizing of Spider-Man is also key evidence, given that Spidey was even more likely to hold back against his best friend Harry for fear of alienating themselves further (Which unironically happens when Spidey takes up the Symbiote suit and turns all morals off).

Last edited:
Are the novels even canon?
I'm not sure if there's some contradictions to the films or if anyone was actually involved in them

Last edited:
Are the novels even canon?
I'm not sure if there's some contradictions to the films or if anyone was actually involved in them
Apparently some parts of it are canon and add additional context, like how Spider-Man got his suit professionally made from someone in contact with the Flying Dutchman, and the bomb vaporizing part, but other parts visibly do not match up with the final films, like Brock's death (In the novel, Brock's skeleton is ripped out leaving only the Symbiote to be vaporized, but in the movie, Eddie and the Symbiote are both simultaneously vaporized as Brock tries a last ditch attempt to reunite with it). Not sure how many contradictions exist tho.

Some parts are really funny tho, like Spidey's webs being powerful enough to blow off Gobby's head clean off.

Last edited:
So uh, what else is left here to do other than the durability justification and the tech additions to New Goblin and the Serum stuff?

Ah yeah but I mean instead of bumping you can just send this thread to like ant or some other mod so you can get this evaluated and applied

Speaking of which, should we remove the "Almost equal to Raimi-verse Spider-Man" part? From what I hear, the novel sort of indicates that he was unsure of taking on a fresh Spidey, might need the scan tho.

Also the non-serious part from MCU Spidey's part should be removed. The script confirms that Tom wasn't holding back against Gobby there. His dura justifications should also account for this, that while a bloodlusted Tom did overpower Gobby, it took him considerably more hits to do so than even a weakened-but-bloodlusted Tobey (Whereas the latter made Gobby beg with 5 hits alone).

Also the non-serious part from MCU Spidey's part should be removed. The script confirms that Tom wasn't holding back against Gobby there. His dura justifications should also account for this, that while a bloodlusted Tom did overpower Gobby, it took him considerably more hits to do so than even a weakened-but-bloodlusted Tobey (Whereas the latter made Gobby beg with 5 hits alone).
according to lonkkitt that part of the script is contradicted by goblins own words such as when he kept mocking peter about his morality and him just pulling his punches will get you killed

Speaking of which, should we remove the "Almost equal to Raimi-verse Spider-Man" part? From what I hear, the novel sort of indicates that he was unsure of taking on a fresh Spidey, might need the scan tho.
probably yea, most of the time the goblins strat is to use cheap tricks to land blows on peter such as surprise attacking him in the burning building or purposely making him weak holding a cart full of kids and mj while chronically bleeding holding that wire just so he can manhandle him in that small building, goblin probably didn't even expect peters rage amp to be that powerful

Also the non-serious part from MCU Spidey's part should be removed. The script confirms that Tom wasn't holding back against Gobby there.
I think Lonkitt explained at the NWH thread on why we cannot use the script to justify Tom wasn't holding back against Gobby. It's somewhere there i forgor

I think Lonkitt explained at the NWH thread on why we cannot use the script to justify Tom wasn't holding back against Gobby. It's somewhere there i forgor
Screenplay doesn't match up with the fact that Goblin called out Peter twice for holding back during their first fight, and later expressed excitement during their second fight when realizing Peter is not holding back.

Also Goblin begged because he could use Raimi Peter's connection to Norman against him to fake him out with the glider blades. If he didn't, then Peter would've delivered the same beatdown on him that MCU Peter did.

Back