• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
probably yea, most of the time the goblins strat is to use cheap tricks to land blows on peter such as surprise attacking him in the burning building or purposely making him weak holding a cart full of kids and mj while chronically bleeding holding that wire just so he can manhandle him in that small building, goblin probably didn't even expect peters rage amp to be that powerful
Also apparently according to the script Spidey was rapidly returning back to his normal power level as rage almost consumed him.

Also Goblin begged because he could use Raimi Peter's connection to Norman against him to fake him out with the glider blades. If he didn't, then Peter would've delivered the same beatdown on him that MCU Peter did.
Eh, not exactly, the script says that he would've been beaten to a bloody pulp if he didn't use Norman as a card to save his own bacon.

AKA, he used a cheap shot against Tobey. AGAIN.

Eh, not exactly, the script says that he would've been beaten to a bloody pulp if he didn't use Norman as a card to save his own bacon.

AKA, he used a cheap shot against Tobey. AGAIN.
That's what I just said lmao. I said that he would've gotten obliterated had he not used the Norman card.

Five face punches when he wasn't dazed as all hell. Meanwhile MCU Peter got to the point of punching him enough times to put him in a haze and not giving Goblin a chance to say anything. Same beatdown except not interrupted.

Tom still needed more hits to pin him down tho. A Power Bomb wasn't enough to force back old Norman, whereas 5 punches to the face from Tobey effectively sealed the deal.
I personally don’t see this as a fair point. Especially since MCU Peter kept pulling Norman back up to land more attacks. The beatdown in NWH is portrayed more as a rageful overkill. Definitely not the same situation as SM1’s fight, though both situations do mirror how both Peters are superior to the Goblin if they’re taking things seriously. I'm sure if Goblin didn't use his personal connection to Parker in SM1, the beatdown would've looked quite similar to MCU Peter's barrage. Also worth noting that, yes, Goblin did see Raimi Spider-Man as a threat. But he wasn't laughing off MCU Spider-Man's attempts at fighting. He just knew he wasn't going to try killing him. In the final NWH battle...the attacks delivered aren't so funny for him

The points I’ve brought up across threads are essentially still my thoughts on the matter. The AP really isn’t different and we can safely say no Spider-Man is physically above the other in Base

I know it’s kind of a given that VS debaters need to over analyze things, but I think the Spider-Man debate is a stretch. Claiming that Goblin is superior to MCU Spider-Man contradicts two statements, the narrative of NWH, and even foreshadowing by TASM Peter regarding his speech. For all intensive purposes, Raimi and MCU Peter are in fact stronger than Goblin

As for the New Goblin thing this thread is about, where are people standing on that?

Last edited:
I personally don’t see this as a fair point. Especially since MCU Peter kept pulling Norman back up to land more attacks. The beatdown in NWH is portrayed more as a rageful overkill. Definitely not the same situation as SM1’s fight, though both situations do mirror how both Peters are superior to the Goblin if they’re taking things seriously. Also worth noting that, yes, Goblin did see Raimi Spider-Man as a threat. But he wasn't laughing off MCU Spider-Man's attempts at fighting. He just knew he wasn't going to try killing him. In the final NWH battle...the attacks delivered aren't so funny for him

The points I’ve brought up across threads are essentially still my thoughts on the matter. The AP really isn’t different and we can safely say no Spider-Man is physically above the other in Base

I know it’s kind of a given that VS debaters need to over analyze things, but I think the Spider-Man debate is a stretch. Claiming that Goblin is superior to MCU Spider-Man contradicts two statements, the narrative of NWH, and even foreshadowing by TASM Peter regarding his speech. For all intensive purposes, Raimi and MCU Peter are in fact stronger than Goblin

As for the New Goblin thing this thread is about, where are people standing on that?
I was gonna conclude to make Goblin weaker than but relative to Tom, and considerably weaker than Tobey (Though still being able to make him bleed. Both Tobey's peak and Harry's massively upscale above the Pumpkin bomb, since they both took the blast to their face while already weakened and nowhere near their full power, same goes for Tom).

New Goblin would basically be a step up the chain since he took the serum's full brunt. Gobby would now instead of scaling to Tobey, scale to be relative to his son as well, since his procedure stopped mid-way.

Last edited:
I still think it's much more consistent that the Spider-Men are equal given their showings against Lizard, Electro, etc. (such as TASM Peter being able to harm Lizard or MCU Peter stunning Lizard twice)

Goblin is weaker to Raimi and MCU Spidey by the same amount and the differences in battle mostly come down to the situations and experience with Norman

I still think it's much more consistent that the Spider-Men are equal given their showings against Lizard, Electro, etc. (such as TASM Peter being able to harm Lizard or MCU Peter stunning Lizard twice)

Goblin is weaker to Raimi and MCU Spidey by the same amount and the differences in battle mostly come down to the situations and experience with Norman
both those times iirc tom hit the lizard off guard or he wasn't even trying to fight him, Tobey's causal blows kept on sending the lizard flying of his feet and Andrew easily got the lizard off of him just by using slightly more power, meanwhile, tom literally got buried into the ground by lizard casually getting him off him + not even going for tom in the first place

Raimi Peter also harmed Lizard.

And about that second part, yeah. For Raimi Peter, it was him turning the tides against Goblin, but he wasn't going into the fight rageful from the beginning, and also he has a connection to Norman so he's willing to compromise. Meanwhile, MCU Peter was going in morals off from the start because of what Goblin did to him during their first fight. Of course he's gonna go overkill out of rage.

New Goblin being superior to Green Goblin makes sense. It seems that for what Harry lacked in more clever tactics like his father, he made up for his superior physicals

both those times iirc tom hit the lizard off guard or he wasn't even trying to fight him, Tobey's causal blows kept on sending the lizard flying and Andrew easily got the lizard off of him just by using slightly more power, meanwhile, tom literally got buried into the ground by lizard casually getting him off him + not even going for tom in the first place
A) Claiming Lizard wasn't trying is a stretch. He wanted to attain the magical box and its not as if MCU Peter "suckerpunching" Lizard was just a lucky stun for him
B) Raimi Peter's blows weren't always sending Lizard flying. In fact, his first head stomps weren't enough to shake Lizard off of him
C) MCU Peter got pushed onto the ground for like, one second. It wasn't a long moment of struggling

Your reasonings feel far more like downplay

A) Claiming Lizard wasn't trying is a stretch. He wanted to attain the magical box and its not as if MCU Peter "suckerpunching" Lizard was just a lucky stun for him
B) Raimi Peter's blows weren't always sending Lizard flying. In fact, his first head stomps weren't enough to shake Lizard off of him
C) MCU Peter got pushed onto the ground for like, one second. It wasn't a long moment of struggling

Your reasonings feel far more like downplay
1. What I meant was that he wasn't trying to kill tom there he was literally trying to kill his friends and get the box yea, that's where the first big stagger tom did to him, the second time tom came flying out of nowhere and made lizard fall over barely.
2. yes they were, that crane fight you can see Tobey do a flip kick causing the lizard to tip over, and then again when the crane was falling over
3. the fact that he couldn't even properly push back the lizard and was forcefully pushed to the ground as tom was trying to stop him when literally Andrew did in a far more awkward position shows something, doesn't it?

1. What I meant was that he wasn't trying to kill tom there he was literally trying to kill his friends and get the box yea, that's where the first big stagger tom did to him, the second time tom came flying out of nowhere and made lizard fall over barely.
2. yes they were, that crane fight you can see Tobey do a flip kick causing the lizard to tip over, and then again when the crane was falling over
3. the fact that he couldn't even properly push back the lizard when he was trying to stop him when literally Andrew did in a far more awkward position shows something, doesn't it?
3. It wasn't a grapple, it was Lizard trying to get Tom off of him since he was going for the box in the first place. Given how the three Spideys are very much portrayed as equals, it's more reasonable to assume that Tom could do the same thing Andrew did to Lizard had the latter actually been focused on him.

3. the fact that he couldn't even properly push back the lizard when he was trying to stop him when literally Andrew did in a far more awkward position shows something, doesn't it?
1. Barely fall over? He sends him into some metal and has enough time to call over to MJ and then have Connors' cure thrown to him to catch
2. That's one of Raimi Peter's blows. Not all of them. Ergo, he didn't keep on sending him flying with all of his attacks
3. Couldn't properly push him back? Do you remember the scene? MCU Peter is heading for him, Connors briefly gets him out of the way, and keeps running for the box. Of course he didn't push him back, by the time he would get a chance, he wasn't being held onto anymore

Also if we really wanna argue who took what then MCU Peter is the only one of the three that took a unibeam from the same opponent they were all simultaneously fighting and then walked it off OMEGALUL

yes i know it's an outlier this is a joke

1. Barely fall over? He sends him into some metal and has enough time to call over to MJ and then have Connors' cure thrown to him to catch
2. That's one of Raimi Peter's blows. Not all of them. Ergo, he didn't keep on sending him flying with all of his attacks
3. Couldn't properly push him back? Do you remember the scene? MCU Peter is heading for him, Connors briefly gets him out of the way, and keeps running for the box. Of course he didn't push him back, by the time he would get a chance, he wasn't being held onto anymore
1. eh ok fair enough but that still doesn't completely attack my main point
2. well yea I didn't literally mean every single attack Tobey landed on lizard sent him flying, just the fight on the crane it did
3. what I mean is he couldn't properly stop him like he was trying to do, he kept on getting overpowered which causes him to literally get buried in metal. meanwhile, Andrew ****** backflips causing the lizard to get off him completely and he was literally getting choked by him

1. eh ok fair enough but that still doesn't completely attack my main point
2. well yea I didn't literally mean every single attack Tobey landed on lizard sent him flying, just the fight on the crane it did
3. what I mean is he couldn't properly stop him like he was trying to do, he kept on getting overpowered which causes him to literally get buried in metal. meanwhile, Andrew ****** backflips causing the lizard to get off him completely and he was literally getting choked by him
1. I believe it does as you were essentially saying MCU Peter shouldn't scale to Lizard when he definitely does
3. That really isn't a fair measurement of power. While Lizard is superior to the Spider-Men in LS (not AP), asking why he couldn't counter is like if I were pushed into a wall, the person who did it ran away as they did it, and then I was told "You couldn't counter well, so you're pretty much weaker than that guy". Also, TASM Peter didn't backflip out of there instantly either. Comparing these two moments makes no sense

He was more excited that Tom was going in no morals. He stood no chance against him either.
I wouldn't say no chance
Yes hes overwhelmed but he's able to harm him with his blades and dodge strikes so he's weaker but relatvie with Tobey being much stronger then both
I agree that New Goblin is a step above Green Goblin physically if that's the conclusion here
So New Goblin could have
"Superior to his father and was able to battle Spider-Man" as New Goblin's AP

I wouldn't say no chance
Yes hes overwhelmed but he's able to harm him with his blades and dodge strikes so he's weaker but relatvie with Tobey being much stronger then both
Raimi Spider-Man being much stronger still doesn't make sense as he was equal with MCU and TASM. Goblin can still harm Raimi Peter too. I get what you're saying about the "no chance" part though. The
So New Goblin could have
"Superior to his father and was able to battle Spider-Man" as New Goblin's AP
This makes sense

Raimi Spider-Man being much stronger still doesn't make sense as he was equal with MCU and TASM. Goblin can still harm Raimi Peter too. I get what you're saying about the "no chance" part though. The
I kind of disagree
Even comparing his performance against Goblin and Ock with Tom's own I think it's fairly clear Tobey is somewhat superior and that's ignoring other stuff like how that was when he was much younger and supplementary material claims Tobey grew in power over time
This makes sense
Also, was Goblin just accessing half the serum? If so that could help us determine just what the gap is between the two

I kind of disagree
Even comparing his performance against Goblin and Ock with Tom's own I think it's fairly clear Tobey is somewhat superior and that's ignoring other stuff like how that was when he was much younger and supplementary material claims Tobey grew in power over time
A) Raimi Peter having a "better performance" is based on how MCU Peter wasn't going all out during the apartment. Not a very telling point
B) Raimi Peter growing in power is never a thing. Its said that he's gotten better at using his abilities (aka has become better as Spider-Man), but its not like he's DBZing his way through the trilogy

Also, was Goblin just accessing half the serum? If so that could help us determine just what the gap is between the two
No, nothing like that is stated, just that the serum procedure stopped halfway, not that he took only half the amount of the full dosage.

I wouldn't say no chance
Piercing damage. Also in the Tobey's case Goblin wasn't able to dodge because he was being held against a wall kekw

A) Raimi Peter having a "better performance" is based on how MCU Peter wasn't going all out during the apartment. Not a very telling point
Neither was Tobey
Goblin for example jumped him during his heroics and never actually fights a fresh Tobey since he was absolutely fatigued just before their final fight and that's not getting into Ock

There's also statements Goblin would have been decapacitated by Tobey's web blasts if not for his helmet in the novel but that could ben hyperbolic.
B) Raimi Peter growing in power is never a thing. Its said that he's gotten better at using his abilities (aka has become better as Spider-Man), but its not like he's DBZing his way through the trilogy
Huh I recall one; I'll take a look

Neither was Tobey
Goblin for example jumped him during his heroics and never actually fights a fresh Tobey since he was absolutely fatigued just before their final fight and that's not getting into Ock
Wouldn't need to touch on Ock given the guy's superior to Raimi Peter

The first part is false. Goblin attacked on the festival and Spider-Man came in to stop him. The burning building fight was in fact during his heroics, but its not as if this was after Raimi Peter was doing several hours of villain fighting or lifting right before the fight

Wouldn't need to touch on Ock given the guy's superior to Raimi Peter
Even if you want to argue Ock's superiority Peter is still doing significantly better then an angered Tom Holland in combat with him and that's ignoring statements like the Novelisation
The first part is false. Goblin attacked on the festival and Spider-Man came in to stop him.
This I have to question since it's significantly better performance from Goblin then any other of their fights later in the film and any of their statements from the supplementary material. I also believe it's mentioned Tobey holds back typically in his fights so this could be why Goblin does so well here
The burning building fight was in fact during his heroics, but its not as if this was after Raimi Peter was doing several hours of villain fighting or lifting right before the fight
True but it is an example where Peter wouldn't be prepared for an extended battle with an enemy, the fatigued point was referring to their final fight in the third act

Even if you want to argue Ock's superiority Peter is still doing significantly better then an angered Tom Holland in combat with him and that's ignoring statements like the Novelisation

This I have to question since it's significantly better performance from Goblin then any other of their fights later in the film and any of their statements from the supplementary material. I also believe it's mentioned Tobey holds back typically in his fights so this could be why Goblin does so well here

True but it is an example where Peter wouldn't be prepared for an extended battle with an enemy, the fatigued point was referring to their final fight in the third act
The Ock part isn’t taking into consideration what MCU Peter was juggling there. Ock scales to the Iron Spider, but to imply Raimi Peter is on that same level when he gets continuously restrained by Octavius is a stretch

I got no clue what you’re saying on the Goblin part (second paragraph). It doesn’t really counter what I’m saying though

Back