• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I agreed. Yujiro Finger-Grabs, throws Jack the Ripper up, and 0.5s him, hitting him with the "nanomachines, son" on the way down.

Throws up a guy with Class G lifting strength? Yujiro is only Class 100. If they get to wrestle or something Jack easily overpowers him. Like he literally suplexed Metal Gear Ray.

Jack doesn't even have a normal brain, he's a cyborg. But thanks that you aren't crapping this discussion with this.

Baki is not Sub-Rel, Yujiro is not reacting to a guy that much faster than him. Blade Mode and it's done.

There's no "wrestling", as Jack would be caught in 0.5, unable to react, so it's just a simple toss.

Thats great, but his brain still processes information the same way (I haven't seen proof otherwise, but I may be misremembering), so 0.5 still works

Yujiro doesn't need to be Sub-Rel, he can just activate 0.5 before Raiden amps and "Nanomachines, son" the **** outta him

0.5 isn't as haxxy as you think. It's a literal speed feat + predicting the enemy over a period of time. Given time Yujiro can do it to Raiden, but nothing's stopping Raiden from amping his speed and outdoing Yujiro either before or after he uses it.

You can't make up stuff about 0.5.

That's a.... joke right? So uh... Yujiro now can handle people incredibly so much faster than him, despite the unreliability of 0.5 seconds.

Despite it only being used on people close to his tier, and any "Speed comparisons" we make being calc stacking by using feats from calcs.

This isn't Death of the Author being used properly. This is wank. This is calc stacking mate.

This is true, it's been shown that if someone can amp before Yujiro can act, 0.5 won't work. I don't know how usedul the amp would be after the fact due to being in free fall, but before definitely works

Stil haven't "made up" anything about 0.5

Again, speed is equalized until Jack amps. If Yujiro 0.5's before the amp, Jack is caught for that one free hit

Again, I'd say it caps off at Yujiro's speed. No more, no less

As I've already explained, DotA is just a fallacy saying that what the author says isn't inherently true, as an author can consistently give people MHS feats of speed, then say they react at 0.5 seconds, which is impossible and makes no sense. DotA only comes up for the reaction time: it's not 0.5 seconds, and nothing the author says will change that due to established continuity.

Blade Mode is kinda itself and amp. Jack amps himself before he charges. And even then, what can Yujiro do in the time of 0.5 that can already kill Jack, even if it works?

The one that takes priority is the author's. If it's a contradiction then yes, it's us who gets the priority. But in this case it's not even wrong.

You say it's a contradiction when it's really all that simple. You're making it more complicated than it seems. So the author says they react within 0.5 seconds and can blitz the other by predicting and attacking at that point. Baki and co did that within the 0.5. They can go to MHS speeds? Makes sense. That's why they were able to ignore the ability by speed amping themselves and the rest of the battle having no use of it any further.

IT's that simple.

IT's a weak feat.

It's only 0.5 seconds.

Saying it works for everyone even if they're so much faster is BS.

Everything about this ability is hyperinflated and calc stacking.

SpookyShadow said:
Blade Mode is kinda itself and amp. Jack amps himself before he charges. And even then, what can Yujiro do in the time of 0.5 that can already kill Jack, even if it works?
Doesn't Yujiro massively out AP Jack pre amp? Someone pitted him up against Armstrong and it was almost a stomp

Jack >>> Armstrong, in many ways. Jack had a tough time against him because he was a counter for him. Also Yujiro is around 15 kilotons, Ripper Mode Jack (and it's this one) is 14/20 kilotons (probably scales to both feats, both are extremely casual, and he tanked that Armstrong's 20 kiloton attack with absolutely no injuries).

It is definitely a contradiction, as Yujiro in his literal next fight reacts to someone in 0.0001 seconds, from the words of the author himself, as I posted yesterday. If someone could be blitzed during a 0.5 second reaction, 0.0001 is utterly impossible.

Its still Death of the Author

Why isn't he baseline High 7-C or something if he's vastly above 65 kilotons in DB?

I know that earthquake stopping feat was pretty casual, but what puts him that far above this? Jack's feat vs Monsoon was also casual AF. And AP barely matters here, as Jack can easily cut Yujiro in half with single swing of HF Blade.

@BakiHanma18

In OPM, portrayal of A Class hero is that they're about equal to a large bear in some cases.

Yet they're still Small Building level.

Does that mean it's a contradiction and thus Death of Author is induced? No. They just ignore the lower feat due to the existence of much better feats. They just know you can't use the lower "Anti-feat"

In this case, the 0.5 thing is nothing more than an "Anti-feat" that should be ignored due to the abundance of other speed feats in Baki.

That is all. It's just Yujiro being good at predicting the enemy. Not him being able to unstoppably whittle on enemies without them being unable to do anything.

1) It's outlined as a power as mentioned earlier

2) Yujiro literally couldn't react to someone slower than him. Baki attempts multiple blitzes much faster than this, yet fails every time

SpookyShadow said:
Go on your discussion thread and stop derailing this one please.
I'm changing my vote to incon. Either Yujiro 0.5's and can do most any of his 100+ moves to win, or Jack amps and oneshots

I still vote for Jack, his amps are fully in character and he is far more likely to slice Yujiro to hundreds of pieces

Yujiro using 0.5 is fully in character and would allow Yujiro to oneshot, that doesn't really make it more likely, and vice versa

@Spooky

The whole basis of the argument is on this 0.5

Anyway voting for Jack since it was explained to me that the more 0.5 is used, the less effective it becomes. And well Speed amps.

Ciruno Fortes said:
@Spooky
The whole basis of the argument is on this 0.5

Anyway voting for Jack since it was explained to me that the more 0.5 is used, the less effective it becomes. And well Speed amps.
Just remember that in this fight, one 0.5 is all it would take

SpookyShadow said:
Yeah, if he can pull it against Sub-Rel guy
Speed starts as equalized. He has to think to amp, meaning it's just as possible for Yujiro to 0.5 him before the amp and oneshot as it is Jack amps first and oneshots

SpookyShadow said:
"10 meters apart"
Raiden just amps and charges at him giving him no time to react.
Yujiro can cover 10 almost instantly with his Cockroach Tackle amp. 0.5 to Cockroach and Yujiro oneshots

And what if Jack just starts with Blade Mode and turns him into salsa? Also, he will not have enough time to also charge before he gets blitzed. Sub-Rel attack > this. It's not just charge speed.

SpookyShadow said:
And what if Jack just starts with Blade Mode and turns him into salsa? Also, he will not have enough time to also charge before he gets blitzed. Sub-Rel attack > this. It's not just charge speed.
Jack would only use Blade Mode as a reaction to Yujiro being his enemy and wanting to kill him. While his brain is processing the info of "Yujiro is in front of me and is an enemy", Yujiro can bypass that time with 0.5 and attack, ergo Yujiro can attack before Jack even amps

SpookyShadow said:
Uhhh... so he starts with it?
That's where the "incon" comes in. Due to not knowing about the amp, he's just as likely to start with it as any other move. If he uses pseudo precog and Info analysis, which he always starts with, be may start with 0.5 as his first move, so I'd say it's most likely that he starts with it

Yeah, it's not really something Yujiro does, it's more like his brain can skip the time other brains naturally take to process information

Back