• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hence my incon vote. He's most likely going to use it but since the move he's 0.5'ing is a thought based speed amp, I'm not sure what would happen

I'm curious.

When has YUjiro ever in character used 0.5 at the beginning of a match? Cause even Baki's match I can see that wasn't his ever first move.

Baki's match was a VERY special case. Yujiro didn't start with it because if he had started with it, he would've oneshot Baki, which is not at all what he wanted. He kept using more and more power to unlock Baki's true potential. If he spammed a move given to him by the blood they share, furthermore a "cheap trick" that he didn't even know Baki could use, what kind of "father" would he be? Now, let's look at a situation where Yujiro uses pseudo precog and info analysis to see that he will be salsa within 1 turn. Why WOULDNT he start with 0.5?

Seems to make sense.

Still need other matches with other links though.

@Salasa within 1 turn

Because when has he ever analyzed machines and what they can do?

Info analysis wouldn't be able to detect weaknesses due to it being cellular based, but his info analysis would still allow him to see the inner working of Raiden (as it allows him to see details down to a cellular level), pseudo precog, the thing that tells him his opponents course of action, is based on the opponent's stance. Raiden still fights like a person, just with enhancement (Doyle is also erring on cyborg territory, yet Yujiro was confident in his ability to take him out along with 4 similarly strong/haxy opponents at once casually).

Does Doyle's body even come close to Jack's cyborg body? Jack's body is composed of nanomachines, exoskeleton et cetera et cetera. Even his head isn't human anymore. His durability surpasses his power as he literally took all Armstrong's blows with no injuries, and he took tens to hundreds of them during their nano-talk. Blade Mode makes Jack 10 times faster so if Yujiro can't attack or anticipate a Sub-Rel guy, he gets turned to salsa, like I said. He's not going to stand there like an idiot and wait until Yujiro analyzes him. Raiden, especially in this form, is fully going to make him a toast instantly after he sees him, because it's Ripper Mode Raiden, his other personality that likes shit done very quickly and with good amount of blood spilled.

He barely fights like a person, his fighting style is way too brutal and quick.

Not so sure on that.

You can be confident on fighting a person without relying on prediction if you were say stronger or faster than them. Anyway cyborgs are a bit more predictable than other beings like mages or mutants so I'm tempted to say yes. But it's still unlikely that Yujiro figures that out, can't change that. Show me him figuring out what someone's powers are 'exactly' even if they're cybernetically enhanced and I'll say yes.

1) That's why I said erring, Doyle's profile even says something like "limited cyborg" or something

2) Yujiro can analyze and Cockroach Tackle in the same 0.5. The only thing he wouldn't be able to do is hit twice, but seeing as he can analyze in a single glance, looking at Raiden and then attacking him is kinda just normally attacking him

3) That doesn't matter at all

Give me a feat of him reacting to Sub-Rel speeds and I'll believe he can use Cockroach Tackle and 0.5 in that time.

If you are referring to his pseudo precog, it's listed on Yujiro's page, it works

If you are referring to his IA, if he can literally see a single cell in someone's body, I'm confident he can see the inter workings and mechanics of a cyborg

Apparently he can completely understand the body to the point that he can tell if someone has cancer or not.

Which is probably imo completely BS against things that have nanomachines and all these other fancy Science or Magic stuff like say a cyborg body or such.

Alright, i've finally got time to opine on this thread. So, what are the reasons people are voting for Raiden?

Not really his sword

Murasama is blade that disrupts atoms by contact and ignores durability. One swing and Yujiro is donezo.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Blade Mode is a Sub-Rel Speed Amp that's Thought Based.
Yujiro has analytical prediction that can predict the entire outcomes of battles only by glancing at the stances of the fighters. He knows every single move Raiden is about to do.

Uh. Sub-Rel speed amp?

Say "10x speed amp" instead. Saying "sub-rel speed amp" doesn't really make sense here when speed starts equalized.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Has that worked on someone completely Mechanical before?
What's the difference exactly? How does being mechanical avoids precognition that isn't based on human anatomy or anything similar?

Still a 10x speed amp, from a already faster character. That's a condition to blitz. And Jack's charges are also amped by electricity that flows in his body.

Analytical Prediction hardly helps against someone who can turn you to dorito dip with few swings after becoming 10x faster.

Speed starts equalized. He's not faster at the start.

I'm not 101% sure, but 10x faster isn't enough to bypass precognition.

But he is literally using it as starting move. It's how Jack fights. In Ripper Mode he's absolutely brutal and wants shit done quick as possible. He's not standing there like an idiot and doing a pal-talk with Yujiro. He wants him dead.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
From what everyone else was saying his IA only works on people who are biological, not mechanical.
Except it does. His information analysis is said to be above that of X-Ray Machines. It's not biologically based, being mechanical won't avoid that.

About precognition. Let's say there's someone with a gun, both the person holding it and the projectile are 100x faster than you. However, you know when he's gonna shoot it. You can dodge, right? Simple as that. 10x faster isn't much of an advatage against precognition this accurate.

Back