• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragyō Kiryüin vs Raiden (Metal Gear)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably pointless but, Raiden's profile states His HF Blade ignores conventional durability "to an extent"

should be that be taken to mean it has possible limits?

Leaning a bit towards Ragyo. The HF Blade could bypass her regen... although I am curious if it'll be more effective than the Scissor Blades, which were supposed to negate life fiber regen and Ragyo no sold those multiple times since its discussed above so leaning towards her being likely to be able to heal better than Raiden could cut her. At the same time, she has her mental stitching so she can just use that on Raiden.

Best Mom gets my vote honestly

Plus the HF blade would have to deal with not only going against her Small island Dura, which in the profile is shown to not be that way solely due to regen. and also said regen.

Plus heres the thing....combat wise and reaction wise he is much faster, but Ragyo's travel speed is massively Hyper compared to his high hyper+. So I could see her flying away into the air to try and use her mental refitting at a safe distance. Which he has no established resistance to.

Top tier character in Kill la Kill universe verses raiden?

Does raiden stand a chance?

Well, uh, technically, nah.

A fairer battle would probably be Raiden vs Ryuko (without all her transformations) since their stats are a little closer.

Thing is that this isn't a battle of stats. Raiden is faster and has Durability Negation. That's what evens this out a little.

Except not when he's like bajillions of mach faster than her, she can't. The moment she thinks about flying away she's already cut to pieces if he can do so. Also she's hardly getting him with Mental Refitting when he's that much faster.

The question of the match is whether she can regenerate from being cut at a molecular level and eventually wreck Raiden or whether she can't and gets cut to pieces, end of history.

To be fair, I'm not sure if we can assume for sure that it would lose the regen properties... But we can't assume for sure that life fibers have Regenerationn at a molecular level unless they have displayed such a resistance, regen level.

So kinda sorta uncertain.

Raiden's only around 10x faster than her. Yeah he's got a considerable advantage and likely enough to blitz but it's not like she's fighting someone with speed "bajillions" greater than her or going against the Flash.

If Raiden can atomize people Saint Seiya style or reduce their bodies down to a molecular scale, then yeah she wouldn't regenerate. But if he simply uses his molecular stuff to negate durability, then use that negation to cut off her arm, Ragyo should be able to grow back that arm.

However I have not gotten a very clear explanation as to exactly how his blade works, and it does say that it negates dura "to an extent" like Aqua said.

And almost everyone has forgotten that Ragyo can also negate Raiden's durability and instantly win with Mental Refitting, which his profile mentions no way of resisting.

But again I feel that this is most likely an odd match with no fair outcome on either side. If Raiden can fully negate durability and reduce things molecularly, he'll use his speed and that to stomp. If not then Ragyo will oneshot/use Mental Refitting to stomp.

The faster you are, the bigger the gap when someone is that much faster than you, Ryu. That much is a certainty.

Being 10 times faster than someone as fast as Ragyo is a testament to the fact that yeah, I can safely use that bajillion times faster comparison.

Nah, he can't atomize people entirely as far as I know. But what he can do is indeed cut at the molecular level where the blade goes through. And assuming it's being cut down to the molecules, I'm pretty sure that would be far more precise cutting than simply "cutting from both sides" like the scissor blades.

...Whether that would mean negating the regen or not is beyond me. In fact, I did this match with at least part of this whole scenario in mind. Ragyo's Mental Refitting will recquire her to actually get him first, too.

It's not some crazy huge AOE attack that brainwashes everything in sight. Other than that, yeah, I agree with that last part. It's either stomp for one side or another or we can't be sure at all for either of them and this ends up Inconclusive.

In fact, I stopped receiving notifications from this thread until today. Somewhat surprised that it's still going.

@Fate I never said Raiden does not have a considerable advantage in speed or enough to blitz. But calling a 10x gap "bajillions" is rather exaggerating. I guess it's just me, but I'd use onumbers much larger than ten to use a phrase meant for emphacizing the sheer magnitude of something. That that has very little relevance to the topic however.

And the "cutting from both sides" is more of an arbitrarily specific weakness than a matter of precision. It doesn't matter how "precise" a cut is if it's cut from one side.

Of course this is unless one is reduced to something beyond what the Regenerationn is capable of. Such as vaporization, atomization, etc. The power isn't NLF but it's a rather ridiculous and difficult thing to get around.

Ragyo can perform Mental Refitting from a high range and Raiden has nothing specified for resisting it. I'm not saying that she'd immediately perform it on him, especially not with the speed, but the if she does it's all over for him.

We're just back to square one yet again. This could probably be closed as we're kinda sorta grasping at straws since we can't be sure of who's stomping who, which leaves us at this strange abyss of "Inconclusive or Stomp". lol

She has a faster travel speed. since the OP doesnt state any details SBA means they are in I think New York Central Park or something 4km apart? Raygo is faster travel speed wise, fly up in the air, and mental refit him done.

Ragyo speedblitzes Raiden now.

Top kek. I'll be closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back