• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R3M1] Blackjack vs S-2 [GRACE]

So we’ve got teleporting vs telekinesis. Forcefields, acrobatics, and energy projection are in both of their kits so S-2 is gonna need to do a lot to actually damage Blackjack. Though at the same time I’m not seeing what Blackjack has to hurt S-2 with besides maybe fire with her forcefields and regen

Not sure how well Telekinesis with Unknown Lifting Strength is gonna do against someone naturally at Class 25.

Well it’s mainly just to control her katanas. But obviously you need to see someone to attack with telekinesis regardless and tp’ing is gonna obstruct that. She can also possibly paralyze

So how will Blackjack attack S-2 in the case she uses forcefields. Not only that but how will she get past regen that can recover organs and limbs

Bipedals are a thing in FoE, Hellhounds being the most prominent. Similarly Blackjack is extremely versed in fighting opponents with far superior regen.
If her forcefields are as durable as she is I imagine thats a matter of time and stamina, both of which Blackjack carries the advantage in. Blackjack herself can also use forcefields should the situation call for it.

Similarly Blackjack is extremely versed in fighting opponents with far superior regen.
Is there anything that'll explain this a bit further and how exactly would she get around the regen?
If her forcefields are as durable as she is I imagine thats a matter of time and stamina, both of which Blackjack carries the advantage in.
S-2's forcefields do scale to her durability. I also remember you linking something for Blackjack's stamina, so could you link to it again?

Is there anything that'll explain this a bit further and how exactly would she get around the regen?
Low Mid regen doesn't help against decapitations or the like. She doesn't have a counter to just stop it from happening, but she's dealt with stronger opponents with stronger forms of regen. More or less I'm just arguing it is not the end all be all.
S-2's forcefields do scale to her durability. I also remember you linking something for Blackjack's stamina, so could you link to it again?
I'll post what I said about it in the Mettaton thread again, but I can probably pitch more at this:

I'm gonna argue that this feat would give her the big stamina edge, again while providing context.

Blackjack needed to take a shortcut at one point in order to put an end to a war. Said shortcut required her to go deep into a tunnel filled with enervation. To give a brief tl;dr enervation drains and completely warps molecular life into nonexistence to ease the process of extracting a soul.

So with that said, of course she and her friends get lost down there for 2 Hours, which also saw Blackjack having to take down an enemy that was literally an amalgamated underground factory. That battle forced Blackjack to use a weapon that would leave her with terminal cancer and a short lifespan for next few chapters. Still kicked ass and tried fighting wherever she could until her first bitter end.
Other stuff comes from other forms, such as being a limbless dying to cancer husk and still killing someone, being bisected and still pulling off the verses greatest lifting feat, etc.

Also how would Blackjack get around S-2's flight?

Same with what I said about the regen, no real answer but more so just devaluing it mattering too much. the Blackjack featured here is weaker and couldn't teleport yet, while the pegasi she's mauling here scale to the 0.664 feat.

As with before, the chapter the aforementioned fight takes place in is Chapter 42, and it starts at:
“Get down, on the ground n--” bellowed the pegasus in the sleeker, fancier-looking Thunderhead armor.

Same with what I said about the regen, no real answer but more so just devaluing it mattering too much. the Blackjack featured here is weaker and couldn't teleport yet, while the pegasi she's mauling here scale to the 0.664 feat.
They also go in so close that Blackjack can just grab them out of the air to begin with, so there's an element of their inexperience with properly abusing the ability, which S-2 isn't really inclined to follow. Even if they teleport up to make the difference, they're still going to be totally absent of any leverage that they could use to throw S-2 to the ground effectively with

They also go in so close that Blackjack can just grab them out of the air to begin with, so there's an element of their inexperience with properly abusing the ability, which S-2 isn't really inclined to follow. Even if they teleport up to make the difference, they're still going to be totally absent of any leverage that they could use to throw S-2 to the ground effectively with
Camping up there would certainly be a strategy they could use. I'm just doubtful that it would come to that.

Oh, how good is blackjack in terms of hand-to-hand combat? The US government trained S-2 for a year to be an efficient assassin and kill people as quickly as possible.

I’m still not seeing a way S-2 gets the win over Blackjack. Her katanas aren’t really gonna be reliable to hit Black and forcefields/regen are only such a good back burner. Blackjack has better AP/dura and from what I can tell endurance and lifting strength which is important to telekinesis as a whole. There’s a possibility she disrupts S-2’s control over her katanas and just takes it with her own magic. From there she could shoot her with her gun or telekinetic rounds or burn her to death. Maybe S-2 could stall with flight/acrobatics or go for hand to hand but that’s really all I can think of.

Oh, how good is blackjack in terms of hand-to-hand combat? The US government trained S-2 for a year to be an efficient assassin and kill people as quickly as possible.
One of her opponents has Terminator levels of experience to draw from, on top of being the worlds progenitor in modern martial arts and stealth.
Others she's fought hoof to hoof have ranged being the best general killers known to pre apocalypse and post apocalypse societies. Many of which carrying from 30 years to near 200 years of experience being a hired gun.

One of her opponents has Terminator levels of experience to draw from, on top of being the worlds progenitor in modern martial arts and stealth.
Others she's fought hoof to hoof have ranged being the best general killers known to pre apocalypse and post apocalypse societies. Many of which carrying from 30 years to near 200 years of experience being a hired gun.
Oh ok, so based on this it seems Blackjack has the better combat experience. Yeah, I'm going to vote for Blackjack.

̶(̶A̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶S̶-̶2̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶m̶i̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶s̶.̶)̶

Back