• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
S-2's ability to use big swords or forcefields to block the darts does a lot to mitigate stickman's main advantage, and they are a little stronger, I guess?

Not much I can think of here

S-2's ability to use big swords or forcefields to block the darts does a lot to mitigate stickman's main advantage, and they are a little stronger, I guess?

Not much I can think of here
If S-2 blocks the Poison Needles, Bug Stickman can stiill poison her via Poison Bombs Barrage.

It does great damage over time and Bug Stickman has regen on a similar level assuming it's sunny outside.
Even assuming it's sunny outside S-2's Sovadik Fire could possibly overwhelm the regeneration by destroying parts of his body or vaporizing him entirely due to the sheer power of the attack.

Even assuming it's sunny outside S-2's Sovadik Fire could possibly overwhelm the regeneration by destroying parts of his body or vaporizing him entirely due to the sheer power of the attack.
Don't see how that will happen when S-2's AP advantage is as small as it is.

pretty much a one sided matchup. S-2 can't really do anything against his attacks and her regenerative capabilities does not extend to poison negation or anything of the sort. He can even summon small tornadoes and create huge gusts of wind, increasing his attack range, making impossible for S-2 to get in close and kill him. I'd say the odds are 5/15/80 (S-2/Draw/Bug Stickman)

pretty much a one sided matchup. S-2 can't really do anything against his attacks and her regenerative capabilities does not extend to poison negation or anything of the sort. He can even summon small tornadoes and create huge gusts of wind, increasing his attack range, making impossible for S-2 to get in close and kill him. I'd say the odds are 5/15/80 (S-2/Draw/Bug Stickman)
Is that a vote?

Okay this is a bit poor in terms of reasoning

Low Mid regeneration is sufficient to heal from fatal organ damage, poison that can shut those down shouldn't really just ignore it by default without feats of killing people that can recover that well (it was mentioned earlier that... The guy himself, has that level of regeneration under the sun as opposed to the opponents he's used it against, so not sure that applies)

Just increasing his range wouldn't do anything against the person who's default move is telekinetically attacking via their swords (or just telekinetically locking someone in place outright)

Actually yeah as a counter I'm just going to vote S-2, she definitely has the Regen to survive and just ventilate her body by cutting open wherever the poison's gone in, could probably just telekinetically stop the projectiles that even cause poison in the first place or just lock the guy in place as he's trying it to reposition out of his range, has means to just block the needles outright and more AP to swing around

Actually yeah as a counter I'm just going to vote S-2, she definitely has the Regen to survive and just ventilate her body by cutting open wherever the poison's gone in, could probably just telekinetically stop the projectiles that even cause poison in the first place or just lock the guy in place as he's trying it to reposition out of his range, has means to just block the needles outright and more AP to swing around
Would she do that in character though? Anyways, counted.

I don't get how any of that is like, a character thing

Like it's "preventing attacks that might kill her from firing" and "using her abilities to bypass a range gap" is just what a normal person would do in a combative situation should they possess the means to do so, unless they're not as skilled in combat (which isn't the case here)

I don't get how any of that is like, a character thing

Like it's "preventing attacks that might kill her from firing" and "using her abilities to bypass a range gap" is just what a normal person would do in a combative situation should they possess the means to do so, unless they're not as skilled in combat (which isn't the case here)
Makes sense to me.

There's also the fact S-2 can change the size of her Katanas to be bigger than the are. For reference this would be their normal size. Anyway put my vote for S-2, in case theirs more discussions to be had.

Elaborate on that, though

Poison doesn't affect the katanas if she blocks with that, as I mentioned on Paige vs Hero, Danmaku doesn't help against people who just block (since a fraction of the projectiles would genuinely hit them, thus not making it great for just breaking their guard), elemental manipulation is cool but like, how does that get through the forcefields?

Like, another thing with versus thread rules (man I need to ask Prom to transfer these to FC/OC) that's a little bit more subjective is that the arguments have to have substance to them, just saying "oh he has more abilities" doesn't really say how he can use those abilities to win, especially when the opponent has abilities that can neutralize them

versus thread rules got transferred admittedly, badly because I did it on impulse and felt like I was on a timer when Prom unlocked the page so there are a bit of errors, so I shall quote:
The winner will be determined by the side having better constructive arguments, rather than one word/one sentence votes, which will be disregarded.
Genuinely there's like, one thing going for Bug Stickman that exceeds this parameter and even then I think I've solidly bunked pretty much everything they said, so not even sure if the votes on his side should count (Unless they want to engage more thoroughly with the discussion, but we've already seemed to hit deadlock, so)

Honestly unless bug stickman's supporters elaborate in relation to the ways S-2 can handle his toolkit, I'd just discount their votes and try to get this to move on

S-2 sounds like she’ll be staying still a lot so Bug could bypass forcefields by sending bugs to make a hole under/behind S-2 and sending air through it once her guard is down. Considering this is in a park that’s very feasible, and once that damage is dealt he can push in on her with giant bugs and plants so she can’t get away or hide away in her defenses. From their spam poison, even if she somewhat resists it with regen considering how much it stacks that could end it. Either that or more air manip and melee

Bug could bypass forcefields by sending bugs to make a hole under/behind S-2 and sending air through it once her guard is down.
Are you saying a bug would be able to chew through an energy barrier or am I misunderstanding something? Would the bugs even be the same powerhouse or tier as Bug Stickman?
can push in on her with giant bugs
How large are the giant insects anyway?

I'd also like to point out that bug stickman is High 8-C with Tree Attack, which I assume would be restricted her since he's only limited to 8-C.

S-2 sounds like she’ll be staying still a lot so Bug could bypass forcefields by sending bugs to make a hole under/behind S-2
She could just... Move. Nothing about her arsenal prevents her from doing that reaction once they try that, and she's military trained, they don't instruct you to just line up and fire at an opponent out in the open anymore.
From their spam poison, even if she somewhat resists it with regen considering how much it stacks that could end it.
She also counters darts and bombs via her forcefields and the katana, since she can block the former and put up something to set the latter off prematurely

Man-sized, so let's say 1.77 meters.
If they are that size they'll be slightly taller than her by around 4 inches or so. Do they also downscale from bug stickman or are they in the same tier? Also pretty sure S-2's katanas would be able to help with the larger bugs, considering the katanas close to her size and she can increase their size as well.

What I mean is once she lets down her forcefields, that hole out of her field of vision comes into play for a sneak attack. The giant bugs and vines from that point are distractions to let Bug encroach on and finish her

What I mean is once she lets down her forcefields, that hole comes into play for a sneak attack. The giant bugs and vines from that point are distractions to let Bug encroach on and finish her
She'll have enough time to react though, considering the giant bugs would have to break the ground first, allowing her to get away by flying up into the air.

I’m assuming Bug has control over what direction the air goes so it can fly from the hole to hit her from behind or he manages to slip the hole under her feet like

Back