• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is very devisive but I’ll just give it to Blackjack for her defenses, plus the fact Mettaton’s stamina is unknown so that could potentially come into play. His final attack is definitely gonna be his best shot and like mentioned above there’s a good enough chance Blackjack just gets out of there
Counted

The Rewind move would most likely still catch Blackjack off-guard since she doesn't have a 360 vision and Mettaton being able to erase incoming magic projectiles would really help here if Blackjack's main source of offence are well, magic projectiles
Ah but those are solid attacks, meaning she can block them in a panic.

teleportation across the park is a quick way to rest the situation regardless of the rewind since it only effects projectiles.

You didn’t offer a counter argument on attacks around Mettaton and fighting a teleporting target either.

Remind me, aren’t the projectle destruction the same as the Frisk’s soul power? Meaning they have catch them everytime and new projectiles aren’t stopping.

I still think she has a higher chance at success than Mettaton hitting her with the final bombs or killing her with one rewind.

While that's true, Mettaton usually uses Rewind with his Sword attacks, which can deal fire damage, so blocking them might not be the best move

Mettaton's flight would also help him since Blackjack's "teleports behind you" thing would just put her in freefall which usually isn't the best time to attack
Plus, a birdeye view would definitely help here

Nah, the projectile destruction is kinda just a red slash that erases any projectile that touches its front section, so a pretty good defensive move

While that's true, Mettaton usually uses Rewind with his Sword attacks, which can deal fire damage, so blocking them might not be the best move+
I would imagine she would teleport away from melee, and would block or go for cover for the blocks and other projectiles.
Mettaton's flight would also help him since Blackjack's "teleports behind you" thing would just put her in freefall which usually isn't the best time to attack
Plus, a birdeye view would definitely help here
Birdeye view is good, however nothing stops her from landing on Mettaton who doesn't really have an answer that doesn't hurt themselves besides the sword, can they reach behind themselves with it? To me it seems like the body isn't meant to flex and bend like that.

That being said, if she can't land on him or it proves too dangerous, he still has to be within enough range to aim and hit her and guns and magic still obviously hit flying things.

It's also fully possible her telekinesis can pull him to the ground since she has scaling and actually used it vs Mettaton not having any feats of this nature.
Nah, the projectile destruction is kinda just a red slash that erases any projectile that touches its front section, so a pretty good defensive move
True! Eliminating 180 degree of the projectiles is good, but her mobility makes this an occasional block, not a perfect shield.

Plus, a birdeye view would definitely help here.
Blackjack would have no problem just warping onto their back. However whether that's the move is another issue.

This would be pretty annoying particularly with regard to her Telekinesis. Telekinesis in FoE is described as just essentially spawning a magic wrap around whatever it is you want to grab. One of Blackjacks signature moves is making highly compressed air bullets using her TK.

I'm curious about this
Intangibility plus the magic projectile null has me thinking Blackjack will have a hard time landing a killshot while also letting Mettaton set up for its own. Not to mention the danmaku and creation spam.

3rd Character here and I swear we're getting to the end and interesting bits, we have Legate Vitosius, one of PH's main villains and the third strongest 8-C from PH purely on physicals. So Legate here, in his war against all living things ends up getting jumped by a dozen Alicorns, who try and stop him from just annihilating every pony in his path with their shields but still manages to break said shields in one strike, repeatedly.

So yeah dude can one shot shields vastly above what got FoE. it's current spot, just prior to Legate doing a reverse jumping, he was boxing with Blank Body Blackjack, same body she'd have for this match, and she tanked those kinda hits.

I know the scene mentioned ends abruptly but the next time we see Legate in the story, he's laughing at a captured pawn over how weak everyone is compared to him.
I think I will vote for Blackjack, provided I give a little bit more context to this. Just prior to the aforementioned dozen Alicorn encounter, Legate was tasked with stopping Blackjack and her friends from taking a rocket to the moon. Long story short, he called in a nuclear strike as a last resort leaving both teams with their essentials. It was then up to Blackjack and P-21 to stop Legate, the former doing the most physically. Now I could go into more detail into how Blackjack with the help of P-21 bullshit a victory, but I'll keep this short and drop a source for the chapter in question. PH chapters are very long so I'll save everyone some time by saying put
There was a thud as the Legate landed next to us.
Into your find tool. That is where their short little fight starts.

Anyways, the purpose of this extremely long tangent? The Legate treated a dozen Alicorns as nothing but a joke, while he was far more serious against Blackjack, who could survive his blows and even managed to damage him. Of course she would have lost that fight had it not been for a number of circumstances but I'm of the opinion that her performance there was extremely impressive by comparison.

Again I'm going to vote Blackjack. I hope this post was explanatory and surmised enough to make sense. Fetching and explaining Project Horizons stuff can be a special type of pain. So much so that Blackjacks younger self probably deserves an "at least". In any case, I think shes both versatile and strong enough to pull through. Mettaton's array of hax, though if my prior post didn't clarify this'd be extremely high difficulty.

Last edited:
Although I don't see Blackjack destroying Mettaton's body, he has too many defensive options, I could see her winning by attrition, lad was exhausted after his fight with Frisk, so yeah

Although I don't see Blackjack destroying Mettaton's body, he has too many defensive options, I could see her winning by attrition, lad was exhausted after his fight with Frisk, so yeah
How prolonged was that encounter?

I'm gonna argue that this feat would give her the big stamina edge, again while providing context.

Blackjack needed to take a shortcut at one point in order to put an end to a war. Said shortcut required her to go deep into a tunnel filled with enervation. To give a brief tl;dr enervation drains and completely warps molecular life into nonexistence to ease the process of extracting a soul.

So with that said, of course she and her friends get lost down there for 2 Hours, which also saw Blackjack having to take down an enemy that was literally an amalgamated underground factory. That battle forced Blackjack to use a weapon that would leave her with terminal cancer and a short lifespan for next few chapters. Still kicked ass and tried fighting wherever she could until her first bitter end.

Back