• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
She'll have enough time to react though, considering the giant bugs would have to break the ground first, allowing her to get away by flying up into the air.
I don’t mean the giant bugs for making the hole, they’d be way too noticeable. I’m not seeing how S-2 notices since she’s focused on Bug the whole fight and the bugs would be pretty quiet

I’m assuming But has control over what direction the air goes so it can fly from the hole to hit her from behind or he manages to slip the hole under her feet like
Doesn't the air manipulation only come from a tornado and not like controlling air currents or something?

He can fire a straight on current. So would he be able to fire one down the hole and curve it for that?

So if that attack hits I think Bug would be able to push his offense on S-2 with his bigger moves like Wind Cannons or a Wasp Storm if they’re around. From that point he has to overwhelm her and that could be his win

So the Wind Cannon attack is similar to A-4's Wind Strike, which S-2 has seen at least three or so times. Whether or not that'll help her since it similar, idk.

Her katanas don’t have a way to pass the wind and something tells me cutting up wasps with telekinesis isn’t going to be very managable especially combined with vines, wind, and poison

Her katanas don’t have a way to pass the wind and something tells me cutting up wasps with telekinesis isn’t going to be very managable especially combined with vines, wind, and poison
Doesn't have a way to past the wind, what? She can use them as a shield for extra protection and she can just toss the bugs to the side with her telekinesis.

Bug has a LS of Class 50 so I feel his wind should be enough to push away the katanas before she can attack him with them. And having to catch things as erratic as wasps with plain telekinesis seems too big a hinderance for that power to really give her an advantage

What I mean is once she lets down her forcefields
Why would she do this and then not move to invalidate that course of attack
It actually comes from Bug Stickman's Wind Cannon attack.
That'd still make it a straight blast more than anything else, so it's more just an attack that can also be blocked
Bug has a LS of Class 50 so I feel his wind should be enough to push away the katanas before she can attack him with them.
Probably, but forcefields don't really like, get pushed, they hold a position until they break (granted there's no IRL frame of reference for how pushable something like that would be but) so that's still going to be a line of defense as the katanas would be free once the air Cannon's been fired

Is she going to be able to activate these forcefields while getting jumped on by all sorts of attacks right after taking the wind blast though? Plus they might just break with the Pickaxe or wind blasts. S-2 really has to work to keep her distance otherwise it’s a frenzy coming her way.

Is she going to be able to activate these forcefields while getting jumped on by all sorts of attacks right after taking the wind blast though? Plus they might just break with the Pickaxe or wind blasts. S-2 really has to work to keep her distance otherwise it’s a frenzy coming her way.
If she were to stay immobile and be totally surrounded by an entire tunnel being dug behind her, I suppose that would occur. I'm just not sure how we got to the point that this is a likely conclusion when tunneling is going to cause noise, and she's not obligated to stay in a single position for that to work

And, actually, I know we forgot this for a bit but she can fly. What is a hole on the ground going to accomplish in terms of surrounding her, when she's most likely to just keep both the man and his bugs below?

They won't break so easily since they scale to her durability due to withstanding attacks on a similar level.
The AP difference is barely there though and Bug has danmaku to whittle away at them.
If she were to stay immobile and be totally surrounded by an entire tunnel being dug behind her, I suppose that would occur. I'm just not sure how we got to the point that this is a likely conclusion when tunneling is going to cause noise, and she's not obligated to stay in a single position for that to work

And, actually, I know we forgot this for a bit but she can fly. What is a hole on the ground going to accomplish in terms of surrounding her, when she's most likely to just keep both the man and his bugs below?
I think the smaller bugs could silently dig a hole but that plan might just not work because of her flight. Although, I do think he could do something like that to sneak her while shes attacking from the air. Say he sends multiple bugs underground and sends wind or giant ones through the tunnels then uses a vine to take advantage of that distraction, binding and forcing her back on his level.

The AP difference is barely there though and Bug has danmaku to whittle away at them.
Another thing I've not really been noting thus far is the fact that S-2 is also using a sharp object, so there's a lot less surface area for their attacks and their AP is going to be carried for a bit more mileage (Definitely more than just a barrage of projectiles being thrown wherever haphazardly)
Although, I do think he could do something like that to sneak her while shes attacking from the air. Say he sends multiple bugs underground and sends wind or giant ones through the tunnels then uses a vine to take advantage of that distraction, binding and forcing her back on his level.
If he just pops into a hole there's nothing really keeping her in the engagement, so she could just fly up to give herself more space and thus room to dodge attacks.

That's fair, don't think I've got anymore arguments for Bug here though I do think he could pull out a win with planning and luck. I'll vote S-2 as her win cons seem easier to pull off and run away with

That's fair, don't think I've got anymore arguments for Bug here though I do think he could pull out a win with planning and luck. I'll vote S-2 as her win cons seem easier to pull off and run away with
Guess I have no choice but to change my vote at S-2 when each MintyBoi1 argument got wrecked, since the tournament would get stuck otherwise

Back