• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R2M4] Conrad vs Ako [GRACE]

Right, regardless Conrad inadvertently hard counters blitz and one-shot ampers

The main issue with Ako’s win via outlasting him is that, if Ako ever uses Check, Conrad blitzes him for the rest of the match.
Ako usually starts with Gale, so upon noticing that Conrad is adapted to the 2 times speed it gives, he’s probably not going to risk amping him further with anything like that

Like with Cinner, Ako’s tactical mind should lead him to the best way to win, which looks like the True Faith/maybe bubble sometomes strategy

Also, can’t Ako chop him up with his swords/claws? He can easily deal damage that surpasses that regen without ever resorting to check

Oh yeah, since Conrad is just equal to his weapons, his skin shouldn’t be tough enough to tank getting sliced up.

Ako usually starts with Gale, so upon swords/claws? He can easily deal damage that surpasses that regen without ever resorting to check
So, I’ll repeat what I said previously.

Oh yeah, since Conrad is just equal to his weapons, his skin shouldn’t be tough enough to tank getting sliced up.
It would, it turns the slashes into shallow cuts with bruises overtop.

His body makes those attacks comparable to punches, then making weaker attacks far less effective.

Basically, once Ako starts slicing, he better keep slicing or he’s doing less damage than before.

This is basically a Fang situation, from being able to slice them in half before adaptation, to only cutting and bruising with his sword.

His body makes those attacks comparable to punches, then making weaker attacks far less effective.

Basically, once Ako starts slicing, he better keep slicing or he’s doing less damage than before.
How is this possible if he just straight slashes through the neck?

So Ako just needs to build up enough punches until Conrad is knocked out. And since Ako can fly around and get by with his bubbles, he should be able to do just that.

Does it ignore durability or have regen negation?

If it has the first one, Conrad is dead.

If it’s the second, Conrad isn’t healing but would only take a shallow cut.
It doesn’t explicitly have either, but I imagine a sword like his being completely wreathed in plasma helps this… he’s also explicitly able to slice through armored monsters pretty easily, described as ‘slicing up the strongest defenses in seconds’

A bubble/tremor combo should help with this, as Tremor is large enough to choke with one hand and bubble/shield grenades can block Conrad’s guns or grenades trying to make Ako stop
This might get to the point where Conrad starts using reactive explosive body armor as his way to bypass his force fields.

Could Ako do brain damage to Conrad or choke him out with equal LS?
He CAN knock out Conrad, but it requires 4-7 perfect head shots from his currently strongest ability used in the fight to do it.

Since Conrad and Rudy are able to knock each other out in this very rare circumstances.

Choking doesn’t matter, they can adapt to not needing to breath.

How does Conrad respond from poison?
He never got hit with it in canon, but Rudy and himself befriended plant species who secrete poison as an attack that melts neurons.

Corrupted people are unaffected, and it wouldn’t be far fetched fall into the realm of adaptation for “People”. I would say probably pretty well? Probably make him more tired.

Don’t think it would kill or knock him out, but it adds to Ako’s chances to outlasting.

So Ako wins by outlasting and Conrad wins by pushing his combat skill and adaptation until he can take Ako out I think

Corrupted people are unaffected, and it wouldn’t be far fetched fall into the realm of adaptation for “People”. I would say probably pretty well? Probably make him more tired.

Don’t think it would kill or knock him out, but it adds to Ako’s chances to outlasting.
Based on how he works with other moves I suspected this also. Flood can spew clouds of poisonous gas, and Blast has
  • Mini cannons: Hard to see small cannons emerge when a button gets pressed in the tank. They shoot specially made bullets which are implanted into the enemies they hit. Then, short spikes emerge from them and inject slight amounts of venom overtime. If the monster is loaded up with enough bullets, they will die from the poison.
Flood is more reliable for this since Blast’s movement is slower and more predictable, but I don’t see a way for Conrad to remove the Blast bullets either

Based on how he works with other moves I suspected this also. Flood can spew clouds of poisonous gas, and Blast has
  • Mini cannons: Hard to see small cannons emerge when a button gets pressed in the tank. They shoot specially made bullets which are implanted into the enemies they hit. Then, short spikes emerge from them and inject slight amounts of venom overtime. If the monster is loaded up with enough bullets, they will die from the poison.
Flood is more reliable for this since Blast’s movement is slower and more predictable, but I don’t see a way for Conrad to remove the Blast bullets either
Well, if this happens after the start of the match, reactive explosive armor will be hit and destroy them before digging into his skin…

Actually, if Ako at this point started using plasma and stronger weapons the Flood wouldn’t even puncture his skin.

Well, if this happens after the start of the match, reactive explosive armor will be hit and destroy them before digging into his skin…

Actually, if Ako at this point started using plasma and stronger weapons the Flood wouldn’t even puncture his skin.
Flood’s poison doesn’t need to pierce to work, it will infect as long as it touches him, and Conrad breathing it in will make it work faster. The longer he remains inside the poison clouds, the better for the poison

Ako also likely wouldn’t resort to Blast against an enemy like this since it’s pretty situational and more useful against robots. I just wanted to point out that it’s something Ako could do

Flood’s poison doesn’t need to pierce to work, it will infect as long as it touches him, and Conrad breathing it in will make it work faster. The longer he remains inside the poison clouds, the better for the poison

Ako also likely wouldn’t resort to Blast against an enemy like this since it’s pretty situational and more useful against robots. I just wanted to point out that it’s something Ako could do
Ah my mistake I mixed up the two.

Is the poison colorless, odorless, and slow?

Or is the poisoned colored and quick?

Or is the poisoned colored and quick?
It’s pretty quick, and it’s like a violet kind of color and pretty visible/large, so Conrad should be able to easily see which areas around are safe after Ako deploys it, but this wouldn’t stop him from driving around and spewing it in way more areas as well

It’s pretty quick, and it’s like a violet kind of color and pretty visible/large, so Conrad should be able to easily see which areas around are safe after Ako deploys it, but this wouldn’t stop him from driving around and spewing it in way more areas as well
Conrad would stop breathing for sure then, as for spewing it around, conrad can just air out the area with the pressure from grenades. He’s not shy about that.

Conrad would stop breathing for sure then, as for spewing it around, conrad can just air out the area with the pressure from grenades. He’s not shy about that.
Based on above arguments this doesn’t seem like a situation like Conrad being in space though, so I don’t think he would adapt to be able to just not breathe like he would being in space. Can he not breath indefinitely?

Based on above arguments this doesn’t seem like a situation like Conrad being in space though, so I don’t think he would adapt to be able to just not breathe like he would being in space. Can he not breath indefinitely?
Let me rephrase that, he would hold his breath when it is around him, ideally he airs out the area.

Edit: Actually, if the air is so saturated with it that he can’t get any oxygen his body would adapt. But only if it can literally block oxygen from entering his lungs.

Let me rephrase that, he would hold his breath when it is around him, ideally he airs out the area.

Edit: Actually, if the air is so saturated with it that he can’t get any oxygen his body would adapt. But only if it can literally block oxygen from entering his lungs.
It won’t block oxygen, it will just poison on contact. It doesn’t need to have any opening to have the desired effect, it’s just a a bit slower
So Ako wins by outlasting and Conrad wins by pushing his combat skill and adaptation until he can take Ako out I think
Yes this looks like wincons for both guys, but I think Ako resorts to the outlast Strat sooner rather than later like he did with the bubble strat vs Cinner

Especially with True Faith having as many abilities as it does, and Ako is an expert at managing his energy skillfully, so switches between Bubble are very viable and I established that Bubble can defend against teleported grenades too. Ako’s scanners prevent him from being surprise attacked.

It won’t block oxygen, it will just poison on contact. It doesn’t need to have any opening to have the desired effect, it’s just a a bit slower

Yes this looks like wincons for both guys, but I think Ako resorts to the outlast Strat sooner rather than later like he did with the bubble strat vs Cinner

Especially with True Faith having as many abilities as it does, and Ako is an expert at managing his energy skillfully, so switches between Bubble are very viable and I established that Bubble can defend against teleported grenades too. Ako’s scanners prevent him from being surprise attacked.
I tend to agree, Conrad can match him at his best and can handle everything Ako can throw at him but since Ako does the msot optimal thing and probably won’t use Check, Conrad would gas out and then get knocked out.

But it would literally take two week’s straight and Ako’s abilities being shutdown at every corner.

But all this to say, I imagine you’re saying Conrad couldn’t even scratch him eh?

But it would literally take two week’s straight and Ako’s abilities being shutdown at every corner.
Ako is definitely willing to splay the long game, it’s just a matter of if he has the sources, and he definitely does in this environment. He would only need around 20-23 powerlines to power himself for that much time

But all this to say, I imagine you’re saying Conrad couldn’t even scratch him eh?
Ako is definitely not untouchable, but he’s smart enough with his energy usage and knowing which ability he has is best suited for a given situation (he was practically built for this), so I think he can last the allotted time with bubble/true faith. It would take terrific timing and strategy from Conrad to find an opening to hurt Ako, and it would be a lot harder to find a time where he could land a winning blow. Not impossible by any means, but would be very, very difficult, and if Conrad did land one Ako could change his movements or just the way he’s holding Conrad off, and the buildings all around can help with all of this too

Back