• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick thing on Fluttershy and her physicality

Fluttershy is placed around At least Multi-City Block, and Country level when Angry. There are two problems I have with this

1. It doesn't seem necessary. Her coming off so weak doesn't come from her actual strength, but her personality which causes her to hold herself back. She still physically is country. She just holds herself back due to the type of character she is. While it's something to note in her weaknesses, it shouldn't go as far to say she is MCB and only country of angry. Even in her state of shyness or fear, she would still scale. Examples like when the other main 6 was trying to move her in dragon shy and wasn't capable of when she had a good grip. Or when she could repeatedly escape from rainbows grip and attempts to pull her along. Even sending rainbow flying back and slamming on her hard enough that it caused her to go dazed for a bit around 0:45. Instances like this show it's not exclusive to anger. The window opening part supporting it's just her character to hold back normally, as she just slammed rainbow hard enough to daze her. Followed by tapping the windows open cause that's just how she is.

2. Even if we said Multi-City Block AP when normal, and Country when Angry. Her durability should just be country period. Her durability doesn't magically jump when angry, or drop when going back to normal.

How much of those examples aren't just exaggeration for comedic effect vs genuine though? Your example would put her stronger than all the Mane 5 put together. And I'm really not buying into that idea. Let alone in her "shy state". She'd casually be baseline High 6-B by your logic. I'm not standing for that. The profile is fine as it is. Again, most of that looks like comedic exaggeration. The only time she ever "genuinely" overpowered Rainbow Dash was when she got angry.

She'd effortlessly be more powerful than a student with greater magic than Celestia's ever seen, someone powerful enough to pull off a move of literal legend, and an Earth Pony of equal power combined, and in base. Yeah, no. That scaling is messed up badly, and she's not getting it.

She still fought back with her several times in it. She did the damage when she was shown a bit of anger, but regardless, pre to that. She still was putting up a fight. That shows when she puts the effort in. She can scale. Her character just leads her to hold back.

And even ignoring that. Her character always indicates and shows her hardly putting any effort, not because she is that weak, but because again her personality. Her holding back shouldn't account to her not being at that level of force. This isn't really her jumping several tiers just because she got mad. It's her holding back normally, but when in a state she feels panicked or angered, she is willing to go all out. The examples of her scaling aren't the only examples that can be used. The example of her weak moments (also can be comedic), always tends to show her obviously holding back. She isn't swinging with all her force. The example I showed above even proves it. She clearly stopped herself from actually slamming the windows open and slightly tapped them. That was a matter of her holding back her full capability. And her durability should just flat out be that high.

The idea she just holds back due to what kind of character she is, shown in a lot of instances in the show makes far more sense than her Strength and durability enhancing several tiers cause she gets a bit angry. First one both fits the character she is and has instances the suggest that.

Funnily enough, the instance used to claim Fluttershy overpowered Rainbow Dash without anger has her scream in anger before overpowering her. The screen even turns jet red as she yells. You know? Red? A common color of anger? That scream was absolutely angry. You can't tell me it wasn't. At the very least it was high stress and not a normal emotional state.

And the several times pre to it where she was breaking from her grip and the Holding against the door when rainbow tried to push her was all pre to that yet still had her breaking free. You could not break free of someone tiers ahead of you. That could have you held by one hand and you couldn't break out cause the sheer power difference.

Again, she was under stress the entire time. She blatantly was in a state of deep fear due to not wanting to see the dragons.

And I don't care if her personality is "holding back". I'm still not budging on her being more powerful than the entire Mane 5. I never will. Too big of an outlier.

My above points still stand. Like I said. While it should be noted in her weaknesses about her holding back. The way she is made out to be indicates that she just flat out holds back and will only be willing to go all out when in stressful situation that causes fear or anger. Heck. She can't even be put in a thread as MCB as it makes no logical sense. She can not be ina fight without her freaking out and being put in that state.

Lightbuster30 said:
And I don't care if her personality is "holding back". I'm still not budging on her being more powerful than the entire Mane 5. I never will. Too big of an outlier.
Not even using that one, I didn't even bring that me up again. My point is Of her scaling. Not her surpassing. I dropped that one cause I don't think she surpasses.

Buttersamuri said:
She can not be ina fight without her freaking out and being put in that state.
1. In character is still a thing.

2. It doesn't matter if she has to be 6-B in order to fight someone due to her mentality. That's no reason to delete an entire tier for the character. We are an indexing wiki first, fighting wiki second. If the character has a power or feat they've shown, it needs to be on the profile, regardless if they will almost never be able to use it.

1. Character is still a thing yes. But that doesn't change the fact that a fight where she is MCB can't happen because that's not realistic To Her Character. It if anything supports my argument. You toss her in a fight and she is going to be frightened. She could be in a fight with someone she knows or someone she doesn't. She is going to be knocked into her fear state which then makes her not hold back

2. And there is reason. It's the fact she isn't that level physically because she scales, she just holds back. Which can be noted in her weaknesses. But she still isn't that level physically, as she can provide way more force. And certainly her durability as she doesn't become less durable or more durable depending on her mood. That at least needs to be changed. Her durability wouldn't jump that many tiers. She still would be able to take the same kind of damage as she would in her angered state.

As it stands, I've seen none of the links I've seen here are from Fluttershy of overpowering anyone of note while in a normal emotional state. Every single link shows her under high stress when doing the overpowering. As such, we can not properly rate her base form as 6-B.

Especially when she's actually weaker than the average pegasi normally.

So, no, I'm not buying into the idea of her "holding back". I'm still of the opinion that her power rating changes based on her emotional state.

She still Is in her base form. Someone being angry doesn't make it a brand new form less it's a special case like The Hulk. But Fluttershys case is she just holds back unless put into stress. It's not her physically being at the level of MCB. It's hee just holding back and we out MCB as a place holder since that's an average pony

And again my issue with the durability still hasn't been acknowledged.

Buttersamuri said:
She still Is in her base form. Someone being angry doesn't make it a brand new form less it's a special case like The Hulk.
Your tier and power can still change with anger. Who said you have to hulk out to actully get gains from anger?

@Buttersamuri

That scene making Fluttershy comparable to RD would probably be just her at full strength (her casual striking strength and physical AP to her full strength using anger should be separated with a range b/c of this tbh) by simply using her anger to overpower her for a moment and then later stops being angry & go right back to being scared again immediately right after that.

When describing the feat like this, it sounds more consistent this way.

I agree with Lightbuster. We should probably close this thread.

Back