• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick question about time stop resistance

Dust_Collector

They/Them
So I know we treat resisting time stop as also being able to resist time slow, makes sense since time stop is basically a infinitely better version of time slow, but what about a limited resistance to Time Stop? Ganondorf for example has a limited resistance to it with the Triforce of Power, but he was initially affected by it and his resistance comes from breaking out of it after hundreds of years. Jotaro as another example has a limited resistance for being able to breifly move for a few seconds in DIOs time stop at the cost of his own time limit. Even though these resistances are limited would they still offer full protection to time slow or would it be also be a limited resistance to time slow or what?

idk really but wouldn't the ones who only resist it with an item or at the cost of something be reliant limited time stop resistance?

There is a certain degree in which you can resist time. Jotaro can only resist it for a few seconds. Maily because he was able to learn it himself. That however makes it a low degree. Now i would see if i could post a resistance degree for it but i don't think i can. Jotaro's resistance degree is abnormally low being that it can only be for a few seconds. While other characters have the ability to move through time freely even if he/she was not the one who stopped time in the first place. That gives them a higher degree through an intense amount of training.

Limited Resistance of Time Stop is usually confirmed in the following ways:

• Only thinking in Time Stop
  • A confirmed time limit of movement in Time Stop
    • If it's done by speed, then that's FTL minimum
    • If it's done by an ability, then that gives you the limited resistance
  • Both of the things mentioned above, which applies to Jotaro's case with him doing the thinking while Star Platinum does the moving
Infinite Speed will give you regular Resistance of Time Stop (which is usually passive for these speedsters) and passive/active abilities that can resist this too for as along as you want since it can do the same as well. However, unlike infinite speed, these abilities cannot protect you 100% for Time Slow.

As for Time Slow, depending on the character's speed or their abilities that allows them to resist that, it can only resist Time Slow up to a certain extent. So basically, the speed limit you can be slowed down to while still being able to resist Time Slow is Relativistic, as that's where speedsters usually have passive time dilation, which allows them to counter that.

Therefore, that would still be Limited Time Slow Resistance to an extent if you have Limited Time Stop Resistance.

Back